Ciro Ferrara (6 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
To be honest, I was pleased with the selection we started with and the substitutions were justified. It's down to the players at the end of the day, Ciro can only help it so much.

Blanc should back him, they need some consistency too. And yes, the game against Bari is key.
I wasn't sure about the Poulsen for DP. We're not good at holding onto leads or draws and Ciro knows that. When Diego came off, we had no play maker at all, so say we did get the ball what the hell were we gonna do with it?

Blanc should back him, not because Ferrara deserves it but because crusifying him would look unproffessional.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
we cant sack him now unless there is a coach to take over, as much as i would like someone like hiddink he is a bit of a mercenary coach, we need someone for the longterm

i wouldnt say no to hiddink though.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I wasn't sure about the Poulsen for DP. We're not good at holding onto leads or draws and Ciro knows that. When Diego came off, we had no play maker at all, so say we did get the ball what the hell were we gonna do with it?

Blanc should back him, not because Ferrara deserves it but because crusifying him would look unproffessional.
does that really fucking matter right now ???!!!

get rid of BLANK too....

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
does that really fucking matter right now ???!!!

get rid of BLANK too....
well, it always does. if we do that no other coach will agree to join us. just see how wenger snubbed madrid.

anyway we should have sacked ranieri in 2007 because at that time there were a bunch of avauilable good coaches.

at this time there aren't any. and i don't see why allot of people wishing for hidink. dont get me wrong he is a great coach but he always chokes at the end of the competition. he is the best coach if you want a guaranteed second place. and spalitti is even worse. he plays very attracting football but tactically he is an open book any decent coach can beaten him repeatedly (ranieri did it for god's sake)

we need a coach who at least won a competition in the past three years and who have a consistent performance overall. he should also have the balls to sideline DP when he can be disruptive to the team performance.

at the time the aren't any available. the only way to get one is to lure him from his current team and that can only be done by good transfer campaign.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Our board has clearly demonstrated that are not willing to hire such a coch.
They even dared to make a public announcement, that they prefer some unknown and inexperienced young coached, to a proper one.
And our day dreamer fans applauded that, wishing him the luck of Pep...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeah because Ranieri was really going to makes us lift the CL this year.
People wanted a change, people were desperate. The change has not been positive... but to stay with him was to be conformist with mediocricy.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We had a desperate urge to replace CR then and Ferrara proved to be a good quick fix. But then we had several months and resources to find a proper solution!

We have absolutely no excuses, we did created this situation to our selves.
We were already defeated when this board remained where they are
and their influence was further boosted, by avoiding to hire a prestigious manager...

I just hope that the fans will wake up some day and ask for their heads, instead of the heads of the scapegoats who put on our bench...

Jul 2, 2006
Ferrara should have resigned already. Even if we beat Bari and Catania he should resign immediately. We couldn't reach our %40. We put NOS(Diego) and a new engine(Melo) to heart of our midfield but performance on the pitch is even worse than last seasons. We need a new driver to handle this car.

btw, Blanc's 5 year project = Treachery Project

from Juventus Football Club to Juventus Provincial Club:snoop:

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Ranieri vs Ferrara

Compare the way Juve exited UCL under Ranieri and Under Ferrara.

Under Ranieri Juve exited with their heads held high, with the feeling of "Watch out for Juve in UCL next year"

Under Ferrara Juve exited under disgrace and shame, the feeling is "We would only dream of being in even the Europa league next year"

So, who's the better coach then?

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I think we all got a much needed lesson in humiliation last night.

We can't have faith in any manager that hasn't won trophies, especially an italian that tries and fails to adapt Juventus to an EPL style of play and has no motivational or man-management ability. When Ranieri is better than your current coach you know you are in trouble.

Until we have a squad and a manager befitting Juve, we're going to remain one of Europes top 25 clubs and not one of Europes top 5/10 clubs.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Ranieri vs Ferrara

Under Ranieri Juve exited with their heads held high, with the feeling of "Watch out for Juve in UCL next year"

Under Ferrara Juve exited under disgrace and shame, the feeling is "We would only dream of being in even the Europa league next year"

Ferrara really isn't a Coach at all really...it was always going to be an inspired gamble, which needed luck to succeed

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Ranieri vs Ferrara

People tend to forget pretty fast but we were "horrible" absalutely horrible in the last 2 months before Ranieri was fired. Rememeber the 3-3 joke against Chievo or the 2-2 against reggina and lecce.

One can always blame the coach whenever things isn't right but what about the management.

We signed almiron, tiago, poulsen, melo, sissoko, necerino, Ekdal all of them are either CM or DM (most of them didn't even have any impact in this team) 7 midfielders costing the club around 71 mil euros. On the other hand, we've signed Andrade (an injury prone defender that everyone knew about he's problems), Stendardo (who :shifty: ), molinaro :wallbang:, Salihamidzic, Grygera, mellberg, Caceres (unwanted by barca) Cannavaro and grosso (ask someone like fred about their horrible forms with their previous clubs) 9 defenders costing the club around 14 million !!

Take away Andrade and we'll have a defensive backline that costs the club around 5 million euros !! Seriously if you blame Ferrara alone for the joke that we're in then you're having some of this :burke: .

David01

Aug 20, 2006
it is not just a matter of tactics, we left far too much space between our lines
the Bayern players were more aggresive and a lot faster on the ball
our midfield was completely overrun
Ciro then tried a 4-4-1-1 with Poulsen but we got a second one in minutes later
then we switched to a 4-4-2 with Amauri on but that was in vain as they kept hammering us all over the pitch
no matter what formation we were going to play in they still would have won because they were so much more eager to take this game

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
Is this the price we pay for giving up the 4-4-2? I wonder!
over the ages it has been proven that 4-4-2 is the most versatile formation. but the team's problem is mainly in the tactics.

it was naive to switch to 4-3-1-2 just so that diego can play. even if it worked, there were two major issues with it. first, if diego is injured or suspended the team wont be able to play. second, using this formation will require two central forwards not a central forward and a second striker who will overlap diego.

also, its funny how we changed the roles of 9 players to fit the formation for one. shouldn't it be the other way around (i.e. fitting diego to the 4-4-2). he is still young and can adopt to the play in the wings. we didn't even try him there to judge on whether he is capable of playing on the wings.

and, why was the 4-2-3-1 formation dropped? the team played much better with it than the 4-3-1-2.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Never was jumping (oh wait, that means wishing for death :p) when it was certain he would stay in the summer. Obviously was hoping for the "pep guardiola" miracle. But here we are now.

I hope Ciro is gone before the next year (not next season, but year). I am willing to give Mancini or someone in that league a try. We could win the league still, highly unlikely of course, but the chance is there. But if we keep Ciro, we wont win the league either.

I am not saying Mancini is the bet, but what has happened proves that Juve needs a experienced manager who has also something on his CV. Mancini was successful before Inter also, winning cups with Lazio. Not ideal, but at least knows the deal.

Other options, dont know. Hiddink is probably way out of our league when it comes to money. Now without CL football its not really worth to gamble on him i guess either. We will loose all our funds on him what makes the uefa cup win even more desperate.

We really needed to qualify to knockouts in CL, in any way.

It was this one game. Draw was enough. I am sorry, but Ciro, you f--ked up. Good luck in the future and hope your out come 2010 january.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)