Ciro Ferrara (11 Viewers)

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
Aug 5, 2008
Love Ferrara's tactics, he knows when to make the subs, who to sub and he is using all his experience as a world-class defender to make us a very difficult team to score against. Bravo Ciro!:juventus:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Ferrara's sigh of relief Saturday 12 September, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ciro Ferrara concedes Juventus struggled in the first half and gives an update on Diego's thigh injury.

“We knew that there would be problems and that despite the injuries Lazio would make it difficult for us with a very hard work-rate. Admittedly we struggled in the first half in midfield and couldn't keep the ball,” he said of the 2-0 victory.

Diego was stretchered off with a right thigh problem and he will undergo tests within the next 48 hours, but he is not expected to recover in time for Tuesday's Champions League tie with Bordeaux.

The right thigh is a weak spot he has already struggled with during his time at Werder Bremen and there are fears he could be sidelined for several weeks.

“We have to wait for tomorrow's results, but if Diego asked to come off then I think he must have something fairly serious, as he usually wants to stay on at all costs. He felt this twinge when he changed pace and it was limiting him.”

Sebastian Giovinco came on as a substitute and helped change the game with a splendid performance.

“For me everyone in the squad is important. I have a large selection of great professionals and I know not all of them will have played the same over the season, but they will all contribute,” continued Ferrara.

“I was impressed by Giovinco, [David] Trezeguet who hadn't played yet and Tiago when he came off the bench. We reacted well to that first half.

“I particularly want to single out [Martin] Caceres, who was effectively making his debut and we thank him for scoring a great goal to give us the lead.”

Trezeguet made his first start of the season and scored a late goal, perhaps changing his decision to leave next summer.

“The goal was very important for him and also the fact he played for 90 minutes with a good level of fitness, being able to come back and help his teammates.

“Obviously a goal is everything for a striker's confidence and he worked so hard that he deserved this chance.”

Claudio Marchisio also impressed in midfield, especially after his performance for the Italy squad midweek.

“He is becoming a great player. He works for 90 minutes with both quality and quantity. I hope he continues!”

Ferrara has a 100 per cent record so far in his first full Serie A season, so is there more stress than last term when he took over from Claudio Ranieri in the last fortnight?

“Clearly there is a lot of responsibility and I was worried that we weren't the usual Juventus tonight, but I relaxed in the second half when I saw that we managed to win back the ball more often and were more reactive

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
IMO, Ferrara has had the Midas touch when he subbed PDC out for Legro and shifted Chiellini to LB against Roma. And against Lazio, bringing on Tiago for Camo and shift Marchisio to assist Caceres at the right and thereby allowing Caceres to have more forward runs. 3mins after Tiago got in, Caceres got the 1st goal.

Its also the 2nd game straight that we killed the opponents off with sucker-punches during time added-on when it all really seemed like we were protecting the lead.

Forza Ciro !!!

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
This is amazing, we have already beaten two top teams and still have 9 points in three games. Now, I'm looking forward to the easier teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)