Ciro Ferrara (6 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But he said "players I agree about". I think the board propose him a player, and it's him who decide for the transfer to go or not.. This is how the transfer system should be in my opinion.
And many times he too proposes a player.
In any case, it's a mutual decision.

The coach is the one who decides the tactics, the profile of the players he needs.
He says "i need a LB, RB, striker", then Blank tells how much money we can afford for a certain transfer, the coach, the scouts and the other directors give suggestions which player we should try to buy, and when they all (or the majority) agree on certain player, it's Secco's job to get him.

That sounds logical i think.
At least more logical than Cronios' theory that the directors conspired not to buy defenders, they only buy the cheapest midfielders and they overpay for attackers, while the coach is there only to say YES and accept whatever is given to him. :p

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
At least more logical than Cronios' theory that the directors conspired not to buy defenders, they only buy the cheapest midfielders and they overpay for attackers, while the coach is there only to say YES and accept whatever is given to him. :p
So according to him, Melo and Diego were "the cheapest"?

I don't read his posts so I don't know.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
And many times he too proposes a player.
In any case, it's a mutual decision.

The coach is the one who decides the tactics, the profile of the players he needs.
He says "i need a LB, RB, striker", then Blank tells how much money we can afford for a certain transfer, the coach, the scouts and the other directors give suggestions which player we should try to buy, and when they all (or the majority) agree on certain player, it's Secco's job to get him.

Yeah I agree with you, that's how i t should work anyway. And vice verse, Ferrara can ask a certain player, the board decides if it is possible to bring and do the transfer.. If there are certain players that Ferrara wants, the board should always listen to him, and if it is a logical transfer, the should go for it. But before every transfer, coaches should always and always approve for the transfer, otherwise the player will be wasted on bench..

For the red part: Did you notice how everyone is praising Secco, they think he decided to bring these players, just check his thread :D

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
We've been folowing Diego for 3 years now (since Secco's been in charge) , so yes he DID decide to bring him in.

alsmost the same with Grosso.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
linked is the key word here. We were also linked to every player in the world during Moggi's time. Secco is the one who brought him here after all though, not Moggi.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Ferrara 'no guarantees' for Alex

Wednesday 2 September, 2009

They may have been teammates and firm friends, but Ciro Ferrara warns he “cannot guarantee first team football” to Alessandro Del Piero.

The Juventus Coach formed part of a very successful squad with Del Piero in the past, but now he is in charge and has not given Alex a single run-out in Serie A.

“There have been no secret pacts, just joint objectives of a Juventus side that is competitive on all fronts,” said Ferrara.

Alessandro is the captain, the most representative player and clearly he isn’t happy with my decision. But I have four strikers of world class level and I obviously cannot guarantee first team football to anyone.

Del Piero missed out on the opener against Chievo with a back problem, but replacement Vincenzo Iaquinta kept the spot in the trip to Roma as well.

The Bianconeri are leading the table with a 100 per cent record, two points ahead of rivals Inter.

“Are we on the same level as Inter? Only what happens on the field can tell us that, but our transfer campaign has been excellent,” continued the Coach.

“The squad was vastly improved from last season and I am satisfied. We’ll try to do better than we did last term, but we know it will be very tough.

“We won two extremely difficult games, we’re happy about that and must now keep going.”

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Ferrara 'no guarantees' for Alex

Wednesday 2 September, 2009

They may have been teammates and firm friends, but Ciro Ferrara warns he “cannot guarantee first team football” to Alessandro Del Piero.

The Juventus Coach formed part of a very successful squad with Del Piero in the past, but now he is in charge and has not given Alex a single run-out in Serie A.

“There have been no secret pacts, just joint objectives of a Juventus side that is competitive on all fronts,” said Ferrara.

Alessandro is the captain, the most representative player and clearly he isn’t happy with my decision. But I have four strikers of world class level and I obviously cannot guarantee first team football to anyone.

Del Piero missed out on the opener against Chievo with a back problem, but replacement Vincenzo Iaquinta kept the spot in the trip to Roma as well.

The Bianconeri are leading the table with a 100 per cent record, two points ahead of rivals Inter.

“Are we on the same level as Inter? Only what happens on the field can tell us that, but our transfer campaign has been excellent,” continued the Coach.

“The squad was vastly improved from last season and I am satisfied. We’ll try to do better than we did last term, but we know it will be very tough.

“We won two extremely difficult games, we’re happy about that and must now keep going.”
That bolded statement just won us the Scudetto, guys... I'm not even exaggerating. DP is gonna rip some assholes...
Ciro fuckin knows what he's doing..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Its harsh for DP fans like me, but it has to be that way.

The rule s that you play the best strikers available for you if they are giving you resutls...and well that is what Ciro is doing.
Its hard for the strikers benched.... but with the kind of service juventus will be giving.... the strikers will have to train like mad and to use every opportunity given to them..... becase we have not zalayetas in the bench anymore.... we have 2 champions against 2 champions.

In the long run, if Ciro moves his cards well, the team will have the last laugh in the end.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The tacticians taking part in the Champions League this season include Deschamps, a former Juve player and boss who is now in charge of Olympique Marseille.

“We spent such great times together in the locker room over the years and it was wonderful to see him again.

“We’re friends and what are friends for but to help each other, right? So I told him how to beat Milan and he revealed the secrets of Bordeaux!”

http://www.football-italia.net/sep4s.html

:D

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Eℓvin;2128763 said:
That bolded statement just won us the Scudetto, guys... I'm not even exaggerating. DP is gonna rip some assholes...
Ciro fuckin knows what he's doing..
Would some other be knowing what he's doing had he been incharge and made the exact same statement?

Jan 22, 2009
"Journalists asked Ferrara to comment on Inter boss Jose Mourinho’s sniping at the club, but he point blank refused to respond."

I say thats a classy act! Kill the fool with silence!!

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
«E’ stato un mercato eccellente. Tutti gli uomini che avevo con*cordato con i dirigenti sono arrivati e mi trovo in mano una squadra altamente competitiva.
http://www.tuttosport.com/calcio/se.../02-38372/Ferrara:+«Sì,+è+questa+la+mia+Juve»

"It was an excellent mercato. All the players i agreed about with the management (all the players that he asked for) have arrived and now i have a competetive squad."
-----------------------------
And again we see that the coach does have a say in the mercato and ain't just a "yes man" who's never asked anything and who only accepts what the directors give to him.
:agree:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
It seems Ciro has a new admirer :)

Ferrara wins Ferguson praise
Saturday 5 September, 2009

Sir Alex Ferguson was very impressed by new Juventus boss Ciro Ferrara. “He will do very, very well.”

The two met for the UEFA Elite Coaches Forum in Nyon this week and the Manchester United manager was immediately won over.

“He is not a surprise for me, as I met Ciro many times as an opponent, so I can guarantee he is tough. He will do very, very well,” the Scot told Tuttosport.

“First of all, a champion like him knows how to handle players. Secondly, he is leading a big club like Juve that he already knows very well.

“There are no secrets, he can spot even the smallest details. In this meeting he listened a great deal and the few times he did speak, he proved that he has some definite ideas. I like him and predict a very successful future.”

The Bianconeri have strengthened over the summer with Diego, Felipe Melo, Fabio Cannavaro and Fabio Grosso.

“Juventus have always been one of the big clubs in Europe. Along with prestige and charisma, they have important players,” added Ferguson.

Manchester United knocked Inter our of the Champions League last season, but Jose Mourinho’s men are targeting the Final.

“They could get there, they are very, very strong. They’re one of the teams who could go far, like Juve and Milan.

“The competition is won and lost in the knockout rounds. The secret is to be ready at that moment.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)