Chelsea to make Del Piero bid? (2 Viewers)

Sep 28, 2002
like incubo said million times, miccoli is not even fit to clean ale's boots. and that is true. he could shine for some smaller team, he could do well as back up but he will never be a man who can lead juve to glory. kinda like jardel and larsson, shining with smaller teams but probably not that good at top level.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
like incubo said million times, miccoli is not even fit to clean ale's boots. and that is true. he could shine for some smaller team, he could do well as back up but he will never be a man who can lead juve to glory. kinda like jardel and larsson, shining with smaller teams but probably not that good at top level.
and what makes u think so? so far the games he has played for juventus which are very very few he has done well!!!! u can't jude a player unless he is given a chance! and i think miccoli does have what it takes to become someone BIG on the pitch

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
What's up with the English club's fetishes with Del Piero. I mean he is a great player, but DO NOT EVER think that the Premiership is good enough for Del Piero. It would be like putting Beckham ask a bunch of five year olds ;)
I really hope you're kidding, because otherwise that statement is just plain stupid. I have talked with football fans all over the world, and I've never come across fans who unjustifiably dismissed other leagues like some Serie A fans do.:irritate:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Well its not as drastic as that Mikhail. But Dp wud definitely toy with defenses in the premiership. It just suits his game. There's less physicality involved.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
I still have faith in Miccoli to do great things for us.

As for Larsson, it's not like he had that much of a chance at the peak of his career to shine for a big team. I think he could have been good for a big team

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Well its not as drastic as that Mikhail. But Dp wud definitely toy with defenses in the premiership. It just suits his game. There's less physicality involved.
:LOL: EPL is less physical? I've no doubt that Del Piero is a fine player, and he'd do well in England, but it wouldn't be quite as easy as that.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
yeah the epl really is the most physical league of them all imho

however most teams there dont place a large emphasis on defense. there defending is a lot simpler and often easier to break through.

i think that if dp were to find his niche in england he would pretty much rip the place up. not henry or rvn style, since dp's not exactly a spring chicken.

i dunno. paolo di canio comes to mind.

Jul 28, 2002
Epl is physical, but not too sophisticated (bar Arsenal....say nothing fred :D), it is the most physicalk, far more so than serie a, but in serie a u get little or no space. In the epl u get litlle or no space most of the time. There are plenty of occasions where the bully boy defending comes undone, hench why zola and Di Canio took the piss at times. DP would easily exploit the bully boy defense.

Serie a is a combination of stregnth, inteligence and love of defending. EPL is jus a chor so the hard men tend to do it.

Jul 28, 2002
in serie a u get no space, but in england for the majority of the time, there is no space, becasue they close u down instantly, but at times in matchs, there easily is space to be found as bully boy defending which epl is, leaves space when they are not concentrating.

Basically, its hard to find space, but there is space to be found.

Serie A = no space (unless ur against Juve :D)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
Serie a is a combination of stregnth, inteligence and love of defending. EPL is jus a chor so the hard men tend to do it.
you are talking specifically about the defending im assuming and not the league as a whole

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++

you are talking specifically about the defending im assuming and not the league as a whole
yeah, specifically defending, serie a does have its fair share of muscle players, but still not as much as england, Shearer, gerrard, bowyer, mills, the list goes on forever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)