Chelsea to make Del Piero bid? (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Alex has high wages but i think everything, including marketing is all apart. for those who forget that del piero's top was the biggest selling top in europe for many seasons should rethink why he has high wages.

he is important to the club, an icon, an leader, a hero...many juves fans favourite...but then again, in 3 or 4 years time, he may not be around anymore anyway, so what will happen then?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
Well, it IS a lot of money, and to get money off Montero is cool, I don't like Alex leaving but that's another story, and veron in Juve no thanks ...

but its still a load of money. Tell me is Abramovich really this stupid?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I don't think Chelsea really want DP, but we'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure that if the Londoners offer 35 mill Moggi won't have any choice but to listen. I love Del Piero to death, he's my favourite player, but I think a move like this would be better for both him and the club. We could use some cash, and Alex would relish the open spaces in England.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by arifelly |Juve| ] ++

well said Lilianna ;)
thanx a lot! ;)

m_elayyan: <<One of the reasons of the crisis that juve in is the OVER RATED PLAYERS
WHO DONT PLAY LIKE DP , SO IF ANY TEAM WANTS HIM SELL HIM PLEASE
LIKE I SAID WITH OTHER 5 PLAYERS AT THE SAME PRICE>>

i liked what you said and i also agree! ;)

May 17, 2003
HAHAHAHA do you guisse really think this will happen????
hahaha
i can just laugh.

And how could you guisse just think of letting DP go just for the money??? He is Sentimental value for Juve. I don't care how much money is offered for Del Piero, it'd be really dificult for me to see him leave......

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
He couldve played for Chelsea after the 97/98 season, but he didnt leave. In a recent interview he says how is is fond of the EPL, but I dont want him to leave. Not a chance Ale Juve 4 life:cool:

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by only_juve_4ever ] ++
HAHAHAHA do you guisse really think this will happen????
hahaha
i can just laugh.

And how could you guisse just think of letting DP go just for the money??? He is Sentimental value for Juve. I don't care how much money is offered for Del Piero, it'd be really dificult for me to see him leave......
Every players has a price. Moggi has always said that, and IMO 35million is a well above Del Piero's price. If Roman were really serious about this (I doubt he is), then it could easily happen.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
Its not all about money. It also depends on whether Moggi thinks he can get away with it this time round by selling an icon ... from Umberto Agnelli to (most likely) a sizeable army of fans.

Instances like Zidane et al are completely different situations.

But yes, talking about money again, a huge transfer fee and savings in wages would 'appear' immediately attractive. I'm just wondering how the accounts would look in terms of marketing and overall income loss over the next few years following the sale.

That's not even factoring in the football loss.

Jan 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Alex's marketing value isn't all that high, especially considering the huge wages he demands. Del Piero is not Juve and Juve is not Del Piero. No player is bigger than the club. Reputation alone isn't enough.

And Beckham doesn't change clubs like pants
I think Alex`s value is quite high...do you think moggi will pay him such a wage if he is not that important for juventus?? not moggi :D DP is a symbol for all juventini. Del Piero is Juve and Juve is Del Piero!! and Del Piero is not bigger than the club, you`re right ... but without him the club wouldn't be bigger Reputation alone isn't enough?? hey man, where do you live?? without reputation you can play as hard and well as you want and nobody will care about - or why do you think moggi hasn't promised me a contract yet??? :D :D

Ok Beckham doesn't change clubs like pants, but nevertheless he is a media-whore :)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Juve didnt need the reputation of a baggio, zidane, vialli or ravanelli. What makes you think they're relying on it with Del Piero. Dp is a symbol of Juve. But hes definitely not irreplaceable. Man U's symbol was Beckham. He plays for Madrid now. Del Piero has served Juve long and well. But for 35 million, its an investment for the future. And better to sell him than let him stay on.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++
but without him the club wouldn't be bigger Reputation alone isn't enough?? hey man, where do you live??
Sydney.

++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++
without reputation you can play as hard and well as you want and nobody will care about
If someone plays so hard and well, their reputation would rise. I was saying that reputation and recognition isn't enough if you're not gonna keep performing at the highest level.

Aug 1, 2003
We're not saying we don't love DP or anything, but its a lot of money, and DP will be 30 this year, and as much as we love Alessandro Del Piero, there will be a time when he goes. For the betterment of Juventus, that money might come in handy.

But I still haven't decided if I'd sell him :undecide: I was kinda hoping he'd retire here

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Plz don't sell DP

DP is juve. His blood is bianconero.

Anyway I can't see it happening, why would chelsea want DP

Aug 1, 2003
because Chelsea is stupid.
Ok, that was stupid.

But what if Chelsea really offered it?? Or maybe even more? Who knows. Money can talk. I just hope DP would stay, and who knows maybe Chelsea would wanna buy someone else...

...Like Iuliano :D

Rokast

Feb 15, 2004
Alex should NEVER leave Juve. What the **** about that ****in "FC Chealsky Abramovich" and his millions!!!! I'm starting to hate chelsea... Alex is worth a lot more than just 35 mln!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)