Chelsea to make Del Piero bid? (1 Viewer)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
No, I think we should keep DP for another 2 yrs.
On the other hand, 35 milion is a lot of money. We should start thinking about finding a replacement for Nedved.............

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #25
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
    We already HAVE a Zlatan. One will do you thankyouverymuch :D
    Hey, there's never enough of us mate. We'd run riots in this place :devil:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Del Piero to Chelsea for 35m and Veron? There's no way any sane person would say no, hell, I'd tell Abramovic to keep Veron and just give us the money. DP's not worth anything near 35 million imo, but this is probably just bs rumours and calcio mercato decided to write it because there was controversy as to why Alex didn't play against Roma yesterday.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Veron would be used for bait. i dont want him at juve personally. i mean, has he played the past two seasons?

nonetheless, with that money and Veron in possible swap deals, players such as Aimar could be bought.

we have Miccoli who i believe can play Del Piero's role without doubt. People thinking that Di Vaio taking over del piero is a good idea should think again. Di vaio and trezeguet isnt a good partnership at all in my opinion. trezeguet needs a creative forward to partner him and di vaio might work hard and do some good stuff upfront, but he wastes many chances and hasnt got half the creativeness of del piero or miccoli.

IF juve were to get a player such as Aimar from selling del piero, and go on further to buy a striker like Saviola and Zlatan, ie. sell Di Vaio also, then i wouldnt mind if del piero left. I love him to death, he has always and will always be my favourite player as not many footballers have his qualities as a player or as a person, but his time may be up at the club. In 2 years time, he may leave anyway, and we wont be getting offers as such then will we.

who knows, if we get Veron, we may be able to use him as bait to get Stam and Corradi somehow. just possible scenarios which could benefit us more.

in the end, with 35 million euro and Veron, we can shop around and fix our team for the future for quite some time.

Jan 24, 2004
    I don not think that Moggi gonna be soo stupid selling DP. DP is JUVE and JUVE is DP - that is a fact (Just ask someone in what team Del Piero is playing?? Or the other way around.). regarding media and marketing issues 35 milions is only a small fraction of his whole value. (sure the "gaming value" is 35 or less) IMO others stars are not that interesting. Ronaldo or Beckham are stars too but they are just one-person-hypes...they change clubs like pants and speaking about faithfulness and solidarity to club is not believable. Alex is our captain - he stays!!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++
    I don not think that Moggi gonna be soo stupid selling DP. DP is JUVE and JUVE is DP - that is a fact (Just ask someone in what team Del Piero is playing?? Or the other way around.). regarding media and marketing issues 35 milions is only a small fraction of his whole value. (sure the "gaming value" is 35 or less) IMO others stars are not that interesting. Ronaldo or Beckham are stars too but they are just one-person-hypes...they change clubs like pants and speaking about faithfulness and solidarity to club is not believable. Alex is our captain - he stays!!
    Alex's marketing value isn't all that high, especially considering the huge wages he demands. Del Piero is not Juve and Juve is not Del Piero. No player is bigger than the club. Reputation alone isn't enough.

And Beckham doesn't change clubs like pants

hoori

Dec 30, 2003
    ale per sempre.A KNIGHT NEVER LEAVES A LADY....ale is juve n juve is ale.ale is juve symbol.ale 4 ever...ole ale ole ale

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    if we sell del piero at 35m,then i'd want nothing less than ronaldo,mexes,trabelsi,rosicky,cavenaghi and burdisso.

but then again,even if we would get all these players,i'd probably still say no.;)

i'm biased and proud of it.:stuckup:

but this rumour's bs and probably one of the biggest loads of crap i've heard this season.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Del Piero is not Juve and Juve is not Del Piero. No player is bigger than the club. Reputation alone isn't enough.

that's crap and you know it. del piero is bianconero, he's what di vaio, trezeguet and nedved will never be. del piero means juve, he's our symbol and he unifies the team. sell him and go downwards.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Well if we're getting veron and 35 mil. Id take it. Whats more is id take the money and buy 3 young defenders, swap veron plus 6-7 mil. and buy aimar for the midffield. and have a team for the future.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    OMG, I'd be fvcking extatic if this happened!!! The story says that Abroamovich has been following Del Piero for a long time and that he would be willing to offer 30-35 million € + the contract of Juan Sebastian Veron for Del Piero and Montero!!! Two flies with one swing!!!

But I thik there's more to it. IMO they'd want us to drop out of the Rosicky race too. Hell, 35 million € is an offer I dont think Moggi would refuse.

http://www.calciomercato.com/modules.php?name=titolone
    juve without alex....
    is a world without sun....

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    One of the reasons of the crisis that juve in is the OVER RATED PLAYERS
    WHO DONT PLAY LIKE DP , SO IF ANY TEAM WANTS HIM SELL HIM PLEASE
    LIKE I SAID WITH OTHER 5 PLAYERS AT THE SAME PRICE:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)