[Champions League] JUVENTUS 1-1 Shakhtar Donetsk (Oct. 2nd 2012) (33 Viewers)

JUVE 1-1 Shakhtar Man of the Match

• Marchisio

• Bonucci

• Pirlo

• Asamoah

• Chiellini

• Will.i.an

Results are only viewable after voting.

Beko

Mar 17, 2010
next round
Danes- juve = juve wins
shaktar - Chelsea = shaktar wins

4th round
juve - Danes = juve wins
Chelsea - shaktar = Chelsea wins

5th round
juve - Chelsea = a must win
Danes - shaktar = shaktar wins

then with one game to go standing
juve = 11
shaktar = 10
Chelsea = 7
so then it doesn't matter what we do in Ukraine anymore
we need to win the next two games at any cost, if we don't i see us go out
so far right :spliff:

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
next round
Danes- juve = juve wins
shaktar - Chelsea = shaktar wins

4th round
juve - Danes = juve wins
Chelsea - shaktar = Chelsea wins

5th round
juve - Chelsea = a must win
Danes - shaktar = shaktar wins

then with one game to go standing
juve = 11
shaktar = 10
Chelsea = 7
so then it doesn't matter what we do in Ukraine anymore
we need to win the next two games at any cost, if we don't i see us go out
2 matches? We need to win the next 3 matches otherwise it will be EL for us.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Difficult game, Shakhtar is a truly great team, no doubt about that.

Think it's a fair result in the end, though it has to be said that they had the best & biggest chances. We're clearly not used (yet) to playing teams that couple quality with guts & take the game to us. Took us quite a while to get (somewhat of) a hold on the game. As soon as we took some risks ourselves, they troubled us. Quite a lot of trouble, I might add.

In terms of positioning (as a unit), our defence ranged from poor to awful. A few rookie mistakes, but a very difficult game. Managed to soak up quite a lot of pressure as well.
Marchisio was our best player. By some margin imo.
Very poor game in the final third. Frustrating Mirko, sloppy Matri & Quag whose main contribution was killing a fast break by holding the ball far too long. Giovinco at least provided some spark, even if he did look weaker than a six year old kid who's been struck by the flu.

The group was interesting to begin with, and got even more interesting last night. Let's see if we're strong enough to make it.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
you serious?
shaktar imo is better then chelsea
Shaktar dominate us at our ground
while we were dominate chelsea at their ground
to be honest I don't see chelsea to win 6 points against shaktar anyway.
Chelsea Champions СL they have a great experience
Schacter just in good form for the winter, they get worse

[video=vimeo;50665582]https://vimeo.com/50665582[/video]

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
I'll be completely honest, god forbid we dont make it past the group stage, fuck europa league. I'd rather just focus on the scudetto and possible getting our silver star.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
2 matches? We need to win the next 3 matches otherwise it will be EL for us.
if we don't win the first two matches it is already over.
so first concentrate on them, and look what chelsea and shaktar do. a draw vs chelsea can be good or bad. We don't know yet, But if we get less then 6 points vs Danes it is over and we are then going to EL.

To get to the final of the EL then :D in the arena :nico: :nico:

- - - Updated - - -

Chelsea Champions СL they have a great experience
Schacter just in good form for the winter, they get worse

[video=vimeo;50665582]https://vimeo.com/50665582[/video]
how do you know for sure, they looked very good. they have a lot of experience too in europe. This is modern football they won't do shit cos they don't play in december. till when is their competition running btw.

Halabalu

Dec 5, 2011
Everything can happen ! Yeah... shakhtar was impressive yesterday... but its a normal things for them to be in fit for a couple of starting CL matches and falling down in those which remain. So its obvious. For us and shakhtar this next two matches will be decisive. Now we have -2 to shakhtar. If they lose twice against Chelsea and we get to wins agaist Norsdsdfgffh we wil have +4. Then we won't lose against Chelsea at home, but Shakhtar win against nor. and there is gonna be +2 for us before the last game in Donetsk.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Everything can happen ! Yeah... shakhtar was impressive yesterday... but its a normal things for them to be in fit for a couple of starting CL matches and falling down in those which remain. So its obvious. For us and shakhtar this next two matches will be decisive. Now we have -2 to shakhtar. If they lose twice against Chelsea and we get to wins agaist Norsdsdfgffh we wil have +4. Then we won't lose against Chelsea at home, but Shakhtar win against nor. and there is gonna be +2 for us before the last game in Donetsk.
so we need to get a draw atleast. :scared:
we will struggle at their ground no doubt
our defenders are to static vs creative brazilians type players
william, oscar, teixera, luiz adriano all owned our defense for some part of the match
that won't be different in donetsk. So I rather be secure before that game.
so 2 draw of chelsea vs shaktar or both win one game is imo the best result for Juve.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Agree !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how do you think? what is the better deefence in 4 3 3? Licht Barza Bonucci Chielini? or Licht Chielini Barza and Asamoah as LB ?
I think we should play Chiellini as LB, Offense will come for the LW usually Vuciinic. Asamoah is CM we should let him rotate with the MF trio whom look really tired and out of shape.
The 4-3-3 gives us versatility, we are less dependant on Pirlo and the attack is not predictable like it's the case now.
Like i've always said we played our best football playing the 4-3-3.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I expect Chelsea and Juve to win both games. It will be a miracle if Chelsea happens to draw/lose especially when they are in great form at the moment.

Juve should have sealed the game this match. We are too timid and the attack is toothless. Maybe the players are not used to CL competition. We have a lot to do and definitely need to go for victories in Europe to prevent lesser complications.

enzo

May 14, 2012
our defenders are to static vs creative brazilians type players
You talk of them as they were the reigning champions. If our defenders are "too static" for Shakhtar, then we are lost already. Our poor performance in the defense had nothing to do with the players being too static in general. We underestimated them, or were surprised by their quick counterattacks and them having no respect of the "great Juventus". In the end we have been lucky and drew 1-1. I'd be worried, if Conte wasn't our trainer. This is a different Juventus. As Conte is trying to get rid of our old bad habits, I know for sure he will not make the same mistake twice and underestimate them another time.

We will beat Chelsea. We will beat Shakhtar, should it be necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)