[Champions League] JUVENTUS 1-1 Shakhtar Donetsk (Oct. 2nd 2012) (8 Viewers)

JUVE 1-1 Shakhtar Man of the Match

• Marchisio

• Bonucci

• Pirlo

• Asamoah

• Chiellini

• Will.i.an

Results are only viewable after voting.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
We are not ready for the big stage yet. Conte's presence wouldn't have made any difference today. We got man handled by Shaktar, a technically superior team. On the other hand, Our offence suck, they can't hold the ball and too inconsistent/physically-weak to play for a big team. We went from Del piero, Trezequet, Zlatan, Mutu and etc to the likes of Gio, Quag, Matri, and Vucinic. Maratto needs to get his shi% together and sign a big time forward. We needed somebody like Jovetic out there
Look at United. Van Persie saved their ass. Looks like we'll have the same problems as last year :sad:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I think people should chill the fuck out. No, the 3-5-2 should not be changed, no we do not suck and no this isn't a terrible result either.

edit: that was so optimistic that I almost threw up a bit in my mouth, but that's the way I feel :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We underestimated them that was the main problem.
Maybe in the opening minutes. Later we realized how strong they were, and they indeed are a strong team, and we just couldn't match them. After the opening shock and the (thanks God) early equalizer, we ran harder than we were supposed to, only to try and match them, but it reflected on our performance in the last ~20 minutes where we simply didn't have enough energy because we wasted a 90 minute energy in those 60 minutes between min.10-70.

To me it's clear that the mistake our coaching staff made during the match (they obviously made lots of mistakes or miscalculations before the match) was to replace the attackers. Even if they were bad, we were losing the main battle elsewhere and the subs needed to be made on the wings and in midfield. The Ukrainians ruled the center of the field and our wings had just as many problems. The chances were that changing the attackers was probably not gonna change anything in our advantage. Quite the opposite. Hell, I'd have made all three subs without touching the attackers and the defenders.

vaper

Aug 26, 2012
It never ceases to amaze me how matri can miss while directly in front of goal. Good on him for getting into positions but i reckon i could give him a run for his money in finishing

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yeah, we always change the strikers and it's not a very good idea. What we should've done is replace Vidal and Pirlo earlier for Pogba and another attacker.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It never ceases to amaze me how matri can miss while directly in front of goal. Good on him for getting into positions but i reckon i could give him a run for his money in finishing
It's sad when you can say in the CL, "He's no Zalayeta."

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yes, there is snow, but there is no comparision between weather in Italy and in Ukraine in December. Just remember how it looked like when we played Lech Poznan. And then check how far Doneck is.
Looking at Shakhtar and how those guys played the ball, snow on their stadium might not be a bad thing :D

Aug 1, 2003
I feel like crying. it seems like a mountain to climb now...

it wasn't the formation, and I don't think we underestimated Shakhtar who was obviously superior tonight. they came on very strong early on, and after Bonucci's goal we were dominant but not in the way the Juve we know. Firstly Shakhtar was very smart in always stalling our momentum when they gain back possession by just playing possession football... but anyway... I don't think we were tired but we were just put simply, second best, and that's the reality of our quality at this point of the season in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

also I think this match highlighted the weakness of having non offensive wingbacks in our formation... licht put in some nice crosses but asa was very subdued... so was vidal.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Shakhtar owned us. I can see any of us, Chelsea or them making it through. I hope it's Chelsea that doesn't.

I hope this doesn't unfold like Europa League under Delneri where we had 6 draws.
Speaking of that, you just set the record for most consecutive draws in European competitions at 8 and counting.

----

I'll gladly take a draw in Ukraine and a win at Stamford bridge.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Today, something terribly went wrong with our midfield and attack. I will not flatter Donetsk that much by saying that they managed to handle us cause that isnt true at all. We were our own undoing. You werent "closed down" if your player cant make a simple 7 metre long pass...you werent "closed down" if your player has 3 players closer to him to play the ball to and yet, for some reason, he chooses to play a hopeless long pass. Something terribly went wrong tonight in our players' heads, and it wasnt tiredness. We played Roma this weekend and we finished that game without even sweating. Conte needs to really put some sense into our players' heads.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Wasn't the formation but the mentality that was wrong tonight. Lack of pressing off the ball and poor movement and passing in possession.
Exactly right.

It was clear our players were not in the right state mentally and they probably thought this game would be an easy 3 points.

Our performance (esp from midfield and attack) was just bad. So many long balls, misplaced passes and stupid flicks. We did improve in the second half but really only created one good chance.

Conte needs to kick every single players ass out there for that abysmal performance.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Link to hightlights or the full game?

I heard we were awful today. Is it true? How did we play?

- - - Updated - - -

Match report from the Nordsjælland game:

Just got home from Nordsjælland-Chelsea. The Nordsjælland fans were actually louder than expected, but I still think there were more Chelski fans. There were 25.000 people attending the game (there are 37.000 seats) so that means that the Juve game won't sell out. No way. It surprised me that so many seats were empty considering that our seats were totally sold out. Nordjælland was playing well most of the game and really tried to play their own game. Think of Swansea and Barcelona - that's the way they like to play. A lot of short passes and no high balls. For the first 30 minutes they were actually better than Chelski, but then Chelsea stepped up. In the beginning of the second half Nordsjælland was the better team again, but then Chelski scored the second goal and Nordsjælland collapsed. They ran out of power in the end of the game. One of their biggest problems is that they don't produce enough chances and when they do, they aren't clinical enough.

I'm sure we will be able to win the matches against them, but it won't be as easy as many of you think. We have to keep focused and tire them down. Scoring the first goal will be essential, they won't get many chances.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I think we'll qualify.

Juventus is similar to the Italy NT IMO.

It's going to be close, right until the last match of the group stages.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Maybe in the opening minutes. Later we realized how strong they were, and they indeed are a strong team, and we just couldn't match them. After the opening shock and the (thanks God) early equalizer, we ran harder than we were supposed to, only to try and match them, but it reflected on our performance in the last ~20 minutes where we simply didn't have enough energy because we wasted a 90 minute energy in those 60 minutes between min.10-70.

To me it's clear that the mistake our coaching staff made during the match (they obviously made lots of mistakes or miscalculations before the match) was to replace the attackers. Even if they were bad, we were losing the main battle elsewhere and the subs needed to be made on the wings and in midfield. The Ukrainians ruled the center of the field and our wings had just as many problems. The chances were that changing the attackers was probably not gonna change anything in our advantage. Quite the opposite. Hell, I'd have made all three subs without touching the attackers and the defenders.
Been thinking most of the game about this. The coaching was off as we werent playing our game and definatly werent disrupting shaktar's. To make it worse vucinic continue'd his dismissal form, whilst matri got into scoring positions but failed. Having giovinco instead of vucinic with quag or matri could have worked.
Like this, we could have made the neccecary midfield subs for vidal and pirlo.

To get vidal off that late, was a big mistake regardless, should have brought pogba on at '75.

Looking at Shakhtar and how those guys played the ball, snow on their stadium might not be a bad thing :D
Yeah exactly, like i said before, their strenght will be inhibited by the weather when we play them in december, but ours will be somewhat simular.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)