[Champions League] JUVENTUS 1-1 Shakhtar Donetsk (Oct. 2nd 2012) (3 Viewers)

JUVE 1-1 Shakhtar Man of the Match

• Marchisio

• Bonucci

• Pirlo

• Asamoah

• Chiellini

• Will.i.an

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I don't think it was a coincidence we put in our most tepid performance at Juventus Stadium with a barely existent show of support, especially on our CL return.

Psychology in football and other team sports is very important.
:tup:

When the players (Licht and Bonucci) and ex players come out and mention the crowd being silent, you clearly know its a factor. Don't see how people could deny it. It really felt like a pre season friendly rather than an important CL game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Of course it's a factor, but one would expect them to act and play like professionals and not driven by emotions.

I am a fan myself who goes to stadium every week and cheer for my local team, and I know the importance of stimulating the players but in the end it's their job to play, if they can't connect two passes together it's not our fault since we don't have joysticks to control them.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
But we lack that extra bite playing our balanced and placid 3-5-2. loved the way we attacked opponents last season playing 4-3-3. It was like "BAM!!" where did that come from "BAM!!" and again and again.
Yup.

Juve don't currently have that top gear to really force a high tempo the way they did with 4-3-3 last season.

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
Of course it's a factor, but one would expect them to act and play like professionals and not driven by emotions.

I am a fan myself who goes to stadium every week and cheer for my local team, and I know the importance of stimulating the players but in the end it's their job to play, if they can't connect two passes together it's not our fault since we don't have joysticks to control them.
true, but they're still humans.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I am still so annoyed by this game...
Agreed - it really exposed a lot of our weaknesses against a technically adept team.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh.

If we beat Chelsea at home and draw Shaktar we're pretty much through. Don't think Nordsjaelland will get more than a couple of points.
If we draw once with these guys, then we can kiss UCL goodbye. Chelsea and Shaktar are both guaranteed 6 points against them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup.

Juve don't currently have that top gear to really force a high tempo the way they did with 4-3-3 last season.
I'll never forget the way in which we dominated Milan at home with all their stars on the pitch. They were completely starved of the ball.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
the system was not the reason we had a bad game, our general attitude and performance was off.
that attitude came from the system, our 3-5-2 is designed and requires us to dominate possession while being somewhat relaxed, when the opposition refuse to submit to our dominance, we couldn't play properly... that is the mental aspect

then add the tactical deficiency from 3-5-2 against winger oriented and counter attack oriented teams and the situation get worse

that's before adding the fact that our forwards are pnly average at best so we can't overwhelm the opposition at least mentally when attacking.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
That's why it's super important to perfect both 3-5-2 and 4-3-3, and be able to switch back and forth instantly when needed. I believe Conte is working on it.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Agreed everyone says Pepe isnt a good player, but hes the player that can deliver the best crosses on the wings. Asamoah isnt too great in cl, he plays very defensively and if licht plays like sh!t again we basically have no wingers
Isla and DC are far better crossers of the ball than Pepe.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I was really impressed when we played 4-3-3 was our pressing game. Vidal was a monster and we saw the best of marchisio during that period too. 3-5-2 is solid and organised but to pin teams back and create unforced errors for our opponents, I much preferred the 4-3-3.

- - - Updated - - -

This game still really pisses me right off.
It's just one bad game. Call it a lesson learned, might soften the blow a bit

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I was really impressed when we played 4-3-3 was our pressing game. Vidal was a monster and we saw the best of marchisio during that period too. 3-5-2 is solid and organised but to pin teams back and create unforced errors for our opponents, I much preferred the 4-3-3.
:agree:

This game will come back to bite us in he end. Especially if Shakhtar manages to get a draw at Stamford bridge.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think it's better for us if either Chelsea or Shakhtar win both games. 6 points for either of them against the other would almost certainly eliminate the losing team. I also don't see Chelsea winning @ Juventus Stadium. That would be an absolute disaster.

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008

- - - Updated - - -

It's just one bad game. Call it a lesson learned, might soften the blow a bit

As far as formations go I think they should be both mastered. Its good to give opponents a different look and also it can shake up the team a little bit.

I hope this game is a lesson learned and it should. Whenever your in a group that has a club that will most likely lose every game it gets scary.

Joga Bonito

Jul 28, 2010
I think it's better for us if either Chelsea or Shakhtar win both games. 6 points for either of them against the other would almost certainly eliminate the losing team. I also don't see Chelsea winning @ Juventus Stadium. That would be an absolute disaster.
Agreed! we need one of Shakhtar or Chelsea to win both games, cause then we "only" need 6 point vs Nordsjælland and a draw against the team that loses the 2 matches to proceed to the next round.

enzo

May 14, 2012
In the case nobody has posted this yet:
Stay-away Juventus supporters make their point over ticket prices

Adam Digby said:
Last night saw Juventus host a Champions League game for the first time in three years and yet the enduring image of a match which saw the home side draw a record setting eighth consecutive European game was swathes of empty seats throughout a stadium which has been consistently sold out for domestic ties since opening last September.

Indeed, just under 11,000 seats remained unoccupied in the 41,000 capacity stadium for what should have been a celebration of the club returning to Europe’s elite competition. The game ended 1-1 but it was a point being made by those in the stands that was far more noticeable as the problem was compounded by a distinct lack of support from those who did attend due to a fan protest regarding ticket pricing following huge increases throughout the stadium.

Widely applauded for the vision behind the decision to become the first of Italy’s leading club’s to move away from a council owned stadium and build their own home, there have been a number of issues surrounding the new ground, although they have largely not affected Juventus as they reap financial rewards simply unavailable to their Serie A rivals.

As Milan, Inter and the Roman clubs look for ways to follow their lead, the Serie A title winners have been gaining a clear edge in revenue. Despite posting record losses in their most recent accounts, match-day revenue is expected to increase from €12 million per season before the move to around €25-35 million.

To finance the building of the stadium Juventus sold naming rights to brokers SportFive for €75 million and also made a further profit of €20 million from the sale of land adjacent to the site, meaning the total cost of the project was as low as €60 million. The naming rights remain unsold but that is a problem for SportFive and the club has already received well over 50 per cent of the fees owed to them with the rest spread out over the length of the contract.

Third party ticket brokers have also proved problematic as they snapped up tickets from the club in anticipation of huge demand to watch the resurgent Old Lady. Unable to sell on a large number of these tickets at inflated prices, many empty seats could be seen last season despite a stream of proud ‘sold out’ announcements from the club. Again this did not harm Juventus as they had indeed sold the tickets and the only people left empty handed were the ticket brokers, something nobody will be losing any sleep over.

However, that has eased as a greater understanding of demand has seen those third parties buying fewer and fewer tickets yet, as they built up to last night’s encounter with the Ukrainian Champions, there was a very different atmosphere around the subject of ticket sales. The club made repeated pleas for fans to purchase seats, including wheeling a number of players in front of the media to make cringe inducing requests for support at the stadium.

It left the hard-core followers who attend matches on a weekly basis feeling cold as the club targeted the one-off audience who make trips to prestigious matches such as this and increased prices throughout the stadium, in some cases by almost 75 per cent. Charging €85 to see the Champions League debut of Antonio Conte’s Scudetto winners seems, to those on the outside, not a considerable cost but, to fans who live in Italy’s stark economic reality it is just too much for a game they can enjoy on television.

Of course nobody wants to see an empty stadium for such a high profile game but when considering a season ticket cost just over €300 for many of these supporters it is easy to understand their point of view whilst applauding the peaceful nature of their protest. It stands in stark contrast to the reaction which met many of those Europa League draws two seasons ago which saw the Ultra set fire to sections of the Stadio Olimpico as Gigi Delneri’s team crashed out at the Group Stage.

Things are currently very different on the pitch and with the next home game against Danish minnows FC Nordsjælland on November 7 the club has time to act in order to ensure the same atmosphere which is repeatedly cited as such a boost to players as they chase success at home and abroad. However, failure to address it could see a repeat of the poor attendances at the despised Stadio delle Alpi which Juventus hoped to have moved away from. Looking to break that unwelcome run of draws with what should be a straightforward victory, supporters will hope it is their own point that the club now pays attention to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)