[Champions League] JUVENTUS 0-2 Bayern München (April 10, 2013) (1 Viewer)

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
We certainly lack attacking options. We do not have players who can take on their players one on one. Llorente alone isn't going to be enough next season.

I was hoping that we would at least draw them at home, but the lack of idea both by the players and the coach is very evident here.
Chiellini is not himself this season, and 2 of our goals was due to tap in when Buffon makes a save from an earlier shot. Our defenders react to slow on them.

We have to give credit to Bayern, they are a class above us. But at the same time Conte has acknowledge his weakness and the teams weakness.
Marchisio was invisible both matches. We are carrying a passenger in the midfield for both legs. Apart from Lich, our wing backs are not doing very well.
I didnt see much of Isla on the second leg to judge him.

Looking at the aggregate i can't help to compare this defeat to Celtic's defeat against us.

Buy on AliExpress.com

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Bayern are one of the top sides (if not THE top side) in Europe. Its okay to loose to them, however, I thought we are better, than the two games showed.

We are not there yet, obviously, but with more experience and maybe 2 new players, we can get a lot better and close the gap. To really be on par with Bayern, this match came about 1 or 2 years too early.

Still, we saw how much a perfect 4-5-1 can dominate our system. Bayern could hold the ball on their flanks forever. At the end of the 1st half it felt like they had the ball for the last 12-15 minutes, only playing from right to left, witing for Juve players to come to the flank and than changing the direction. Perfect!

Lets get another shot next year and win that fucking scudetto!!!

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Try this midfield 3

Asamoah Pogba Vidal.
I was thinking the same last night. Marchisio and Asa should fight for that place in a midfield. For me personally Marchisio isn't good enough for this level of competition. I know he has plenty of followers here but against big European oppositions he disappears completely. And we should go for some top LB so that 433 or 451 formation next year can be used on a regular basis. Neither PDC or Chiellini are good enough there. One can't defend while the other doesn't contribute enough offensively. Peluso can be a good sub nothing more if we want to compete with a big boys.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Indeed, could hardly see him against Nords Chelsea and Celtic.
:lol:
Nords is a shitty team, Chelsea was at that time complete wreck and Celtic isn't much better than Nords. Against big European clubs and NT Marchisio didn't show enough character.

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
Watched the match in the stadium yesterday and can't say I'm really disappointed. Fans were great until like the 70th minute, when Bayern fans realized they already won the game and started the parade. About the game, the only thing that annoys me is our finishing. Vucinic had the chance to shoot like 4 times, yet he decided to dribble past one player and even when he gets in the perfect position then, he still doesn't shoot. Pirlo once again made many mistakes in the center of the pitch, allowing Bayern to counter attack very quickly, which Robben and Ribery can do very well. Padoin is just not CL material, he had more space on the right side than Buffon in his box, yet nobody wants to see him. Isla looked pretty decent, he's much stronger on the ball and has better ball control than Padoin. And I don't know what to say about Marchisio - I never believed in the "ghost" bullshit, but man, if you don't watch him closely, you won't see him at all. In defence, he runs like mad, but does twice less than Pogba, who is usually walking. And in attack, instead of making a run towards the goal running past Van Buyten, who barely can move, he runs around in circles hiding between Bayern players. Poor performance from Juve, but I'm happy we got this far in the competition and played some good football throughout it.

Loulie

Oct 7, 2012
- It's incredible how dependent Bayern's midfield is on Schweinsteiger. In the first 30 minutes he was struggling. As soon as he started to find himself Bayern started to control the match. Only Kroos could be an adequate replacement in his postition, too bad he's injured. I hope Schweinsteiger stays healthy.

- It's not Conte's fault. He did the best he can with what he has. It's clearly a squad problem. The squad as is just isn't good enough. I hope Juventus can resolve this. I'd take them any day as competition over the Spanish vaffanculo clubs.

- Gianluigi Buffon is still one of the best. Who cares what Trolololbauer said. He just likes to talk nonsense.

- Robben is a selfish $#@! and I hope he injures himself (chances are good) so that Heynckes is forced to start Shaqiri (Sounds mean, I know). Can't believe I thought he changed at the beginning of this season. He's just setting himself up for another whistle concert forcing me to feel sorry for him.

- I love Chiellini. He's a little dirty and a rugged player but in the mold you can appreciate. It's like art. Restored my faith a bit. Old school. Actually, I like both your center backs. I'll miss them against the Spanish clubs who have classless brutes like Pepe or $#@!s like Jordi Alba who has moved ahead of Busquets on my $#@! list today.

- In both games both teams wore their traditional colors. It's like they've read my mind. Very eye pleasing, I have to say. Beautiful team colors and jerseys. :tuttosport: worthy
This respect and attitude even after dominating us is why i really hope you get far.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I am disappointed that we lost, but far more disappointed with the actual performance. We never really looked like we were going to win this. The gulf in quality between the two sides was evident for all to see over the two legs.

I understand the players were dejected after going a goal down, but they should have at least tried/attempted to salvage something out of the game.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I am disappointed that we lost, but far more disappointed with the actual performance. We never really looked like we were going to win this. The gulf in quality between the two sides was evident for all to see over the two legs.

I understand the players were dejected after going a goal down, but they should have at least tried/attempted to salvage something out of the game.
We had some chances in the first half and on a moments I've seen glimpses of good play but the gap in the quality is huge. Bayern were better from start to finish. We never really challenged them apart from some good Mirko's moves. They dominated us more than we dominated Celtic.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
We don't come up against sides like Bayern in Serie A, our nearest rivals, Nipples, are light years behind Bayern, as for the two Milan clubs, ones terrible and the other is mediocre.

For me the biggest surprise was how poor Pirlo played in both games, he was absolutely terrible in my view.

Apr 8, 2013
I'm here.

A bit disappointed not as much by the result, as by the way it came. I mean, we didn't fight at all for the qualification, except for some long shots and a free kick. We can do way better than that, but it's like if the team was thinking "Come on, what are we doing, we're not at their level, it's useless to try". This is not Juve mentality, but I have to say that I've seen my Juve playing 3 quarter-finals since I watch it, and all of them was shit/disgrace, except for the first leg against Liverpool in 2005, and that Juve was very big and more experienced that this.

Anyway, I gotta say that I was more deluded by some fans leaving the Stadium before the final whistle. The team had to be thanked for what they've done in all this time, despite 2 shitty performances. Let's not forget that this is our first year in CL, and we reached 4-finals, going out against one of the most claimed candidates to win. I've chanted until the final minute.

However, I'd have liked the team to fight more, I have to say. I believed in qualification, I've no problem to admit it. Also a player inciting our stand would have been nice... The team didn't believe enough, I think, and a lot of them weren't convinced at all.

Last year would have been different. We used to have less experience, but more enthusiasm in big matches... And Del Piero.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I'm here.

A bit disappointed not as much by the result, as by the way it came. I mean, we didn't fight at all for the qualification, except for some long shots and a free kick. We can do way better than that, but it's like if the team was thinking "Come on, what are we doing, we're not at their level, it's useless to try". This is not Juve mentality, but I have to say that I've seen my Juve playing 3 quarter-finals since I watch it, and all of them was shit/disgrace, except for the first leg against Liverpool in 2005, and that Juve was very big and more experienced that this.

Anyway, I gotta say that I was more deluded by some fans leaving the Stadium before the final whistle. The team had to be thanked for what they've done in all this time, despite 2 shitty performances. Let's not forget that this is our first year in CL, and we reached 4-finals, going out against one of the most claimed candidates to win. I've chanted until the final minute.

However, I'd have liked the team to fight more, I have to say. I believed in qualification, I've no problem to admit it. Also a player inciting our stand would have been nice... The team didn't believe enough, I think, and a lot of them weren't convinced at all.

Last year would have been different. We used to have less experience, but more enthusiasm in big matches... And Del Piero.
Ale would score those two FK's with an ease. After the game Neuer would be crying himself to sleep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)