[Champions League] JUVENTUS 0-2 Bayern München (April 10, 2013) (1 Viewer)

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
I'm here.

A bit disappointed not as much by the result, as by the way it came. I mean, we didn't fight at all for the qualification, except for some long shots and a free kick. We can do way better than that, but it's like if the team was thinking "Come on, what are we doing, we're not at their level, it's useless to try". This is not Juve mentality, but I have to say that I've seen my Juve playing 3 quarter-finals since I watch it, and all of them was $#@!/disgrace, except for the first leg against Liverpool in 2005, and that Juve was very big and more experienced that this.

Anyway, I gotta say that I was more deluded by some fans leaving the Stadium before the final whistle. The team had to be thanked for what they've done in all this time, despite 2 $#@!ty performances. Let's not forget that this is our first year in CL, and we reached 4-finals, going out against one of the most claimed candidates to win. I've chanted until the final minute.

However, I'd have liked the team to fight more, I have to say. I believed in qualification, I've no problem to admit it. Also a player inciting our stand would have been nice... The team didn't believe enough, I think, and a lot of them weren't convinced at all.

Last year would have been different. We used to have less experience, but more enthusiasm in big matches... And Del Piero.
:tup: , that was very disturbing and depressing to watch.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well, I thought that was another game where the limitations of 3-5-2 were exposed.

Early on, Juve tried to press and force a tempo. That led to them being caught three-on-three when they gave the ball away.

As Bayern settled and pushed Juve back a bit, Juve had something more like a back five and that meant that they couldn't get enough bodies high enough up the pitch to put enough pressure on Bayern to give themselves a chance of winning the ball back.

You could see Juve frantically shuffling back and fore to try and get some sort of balance between a back three and a back five, but that's not an easy move to pull off. Shuffling back and fore also always leaves a moment where you are going to be exposed (as the wing-back steps forward to confront the opposition full-back and the centre-back moves out towards the winger) as neither player is really marked and a good team is going to take advantage of that.

Having a better forward (or forwards) might help a little by scaring the opposition enough to always keep a full-back deep and narrow to avoid defendind two centre-backs against two strikers, but I'm not sure that would make enough of a different to really make 3-5-2 a good option in Europe at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Still, at this point, you would have to say Juve's CL campaign was a success.

They got out of a tough group and were only knocked out when they came up against a top side. Whether losing to a top side comes in the first knockout round or the final is sort of beside the point as far as I'm concerned.

Not that it's a measure I like to use, but they also surpassed their budgetary aims for the CL, as they had, I believe, only factored in progressing from the group stage and losing in the first round.

Of course, just how much of success the campaign has been will only truly be known once we see what lessons Juve have learned from this year and how they go about tackling the competition in future years.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
It was non-existent. Chiello did nothing wrong, IMO. That said, it was a beautiful ball in and yet a pretty routine set piece.
And some horrible defending.

You must be my soulmate or something like that.
:sheik:

I thought that at the time. Of all the aerial challenges that were let go he blew on the weakest one. I kind of forgot about that once the goal went in.
:agree:

Paul Poker

Apr 7, 2013
Well, I thought that was another game where the limitations of 3-5-2 were exposed.
Still, at this point, you would have to say Juve's CL campaign was a success.
Glad someone said it. I mean we could've been paired with Malaga or Galatasaray for the Quarters. We were shown our limits and we all knew that there were better teams in this competition. The key thing is to keep qualifying and keep improving. Two years into the Conte project I'd say that we're doing very very well.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Over both the legs, I thought Muller exposed us the most because we play Pirlo instead of/without a defensive mid. Tactically we don't have a plan for the opponent's centre attacking midfielder, Muller went to support both the wings wherever the attack was coming from and was there free to shoot twice in the second leg and atleast once in the first leg to Madzukic's layoffs.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
In summary, we got owned and hard, on all levels and on all fronts.

This campaign has been definitely a big success IMO, at least in comparison to how we were 2 years ago...
We have now some good motnhs to prepare for next season. Yeah, they caught us with our panths down, hardcore... but our improvement will really be measured by not letting top teams stomp us like this again.

Next year, we need to prepare and learn from this... because if tat doesnt happen, all this will be for naught.

Mar 16, 2013
Is it just me or was that freekick that lead to their first goal, nonexistent?

Man-sukic is one big fag. Glad he's suspended. :yuck:
Really man?? That fucking chiellini hit mandzukic in the foot with a horrible kick (glad mandzu was protected) and then he started to cry like a babie in the floor and the refeere gave mandzu a yellow card,(the card should been to chiellini because he kick mandzukic) as soon as refeere gave the foul chiellini was back at his feets. Chiellini is a disgrace and thanks to him we lost a very valuable player on the semifinals. Chiellini is a good defender, a good actor an a good cunt. I fucking hate him.
It was a great match and I hope conte learned a lesson an in the next champions I hope juve will be much better than this juve

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Really man?? That fucking chiellini hit mandzukic in the foot with a horrible kick (glad mandzu was protected) and then he started to cry like a babie in the floor and the refeere gave mandzu a yellow card,(the card should been to chiellini because he kick mandzukic) as soon as refeere gave the foul chiellini was back at his feets. Chiellini is a disgrace and thanks to him we lost a very valuable player on the semifinals. Chiellini is a good defender, a good actor an a good cunt. I fucking hate him.
It was a great match and I hope conte learned a lesson an in the next champions I hope juve will be much better than this juve
Please, go play with the traffic

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Hahah finally this fucking gay showed his real face, @Lapa was right :touched:

Juve Fanatico

Aug 20, 2010
gtfo

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
funny how quickly you forget what ribery did to Vidal in the first leg, he got away with a red card then, yet Vidal and Licht received soft yellow cards, so as it goes mandzukic' suspension goes down to karma

chiellini a good actor? fucking hell what was robben doing for most of last night? diving little shit

Just remember where you are, this is our home and you are a welcomed guest and so long you are posting here you have to either accept or respect the fact that most of us are Juventini, otherwise you know where the exit door is before we show you the way out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)