[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (148 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Another Celtic fan here.

Obviously I'm bitterly disappointed this morning. Not out of any sense of injustice that we didn't take anything from the match because we didn't deserve to. More because I feel we didn't do ourselves justice with the performance. Also it's never nice to lose so heavily at your home stadium and for a team like us it's very rare.

I think the reason many Celtic fans come on here talking shit is what they see as lack of respect from Juve fans. If you look at our home record in Europe you will see it's very tough to come here and take anything nevermind win as convincingly as you did. Despite this record going back over 10 years now, many top European sides (especially English) act like Celtic are a joke and it will be a walk in the park to come win at Celtic Park. We are not seen as a serious team on the European stage because of the league we play in.

I see this attitude is even more prevalent on this forum after last night which is a shame in my opinion as it undervalues what an achievement this result is for you. I think it is the great performance of Juventus that deserves all the credit rather than Celtic being rubbish. If you don't believe me, just look at the stats.

You are now only the second team (after Barcelona) to ever win here in the Champions' League in nearly 30 matches. It's our heaviest home defeat ever in the competition. Obviously I'm biased but in my opinion you have come to the toughest away fixture in the Champions' League, killed the crowd after 3 minutes and picked us off later on the break and won convincingly. I haven't watched Juve for a long time, not since the days of Zidane & Del Piero. But this result and performance proves to me Juve are one of the world's top teams again and I feel you should be proud of your players.

Anyway the tie is over and you have given us a real lesson. I hope our manager & our whole team have learned much and that we can use some of that knowledge the next time we reach this stage. It's good to see such a strong & effective Juve team back at this level and I hope you will go on to lift the trophy in May. Good luck. :beer:
Most of us don't disrespect Celtic, I'm sure. But we were annoyed last night by the biased british media and a majority of Celtic fans screaming for non-existent penalties. We felt a little disrespected, too, I suppose. I saw a great Juventus, but all I kept hearing was that we "cheated". That's not the game I witnessed at all.

Anyway, fair play buddy :tup:

Good post.

Feb 13, 2013
As noted by Buffon prier to the game, the team are used to these kinds of hostile atmospheres. The San Paolo and the San Siro being decent examples
And Barcelona & Man Utd are not used to these atmospheres? What makes you different?

As I said, the difference was there was a defensive error in the 3rd minute and we let in a goal which killed the atmopshere.

It seems like a minute point to be arguing though when all I'm doing is coming on a Juventus forum after you humped us 3-0 to show a bit of grace because I feel some in my own support aren't showing it.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Most of us don't disrespect Celtic, I'm sure. But we were annoyed last night by the biased british media and a majority of Celtic fans screaming for non-existent penalties. We felt a little disrespected, too, I suppose. I saw a great Juventus, but all I kept hearing was that we "cheated". That's not the game I witnessed at all.

Anyway, fair play buddy :tup:

Good post.
I completely thought Celtic had a realistic chance of taking points from the match. But this was in contrast to the bombardment of Celtic fans and US soccer TV pundits who were jizzing all over themselves for how much Celtic was going to cakewalk through a team like Juve and march inevitably towards the CL final.

OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,289
    I beg to differ. I mentioned our home record earlier. You're only the second club to ever beat us at home in the Champions' League. We've beaten Barcelona, Man Utd, Milan, any name you want to mention. How did a club like us from such a small country manage that? These teams should have been hammering us 3-0 every time.

It's quite simple, we keep up an atmopshere like that for 90 minutes and it lifts the entire team and allows them to compete way beyond their means and level.

You're telling me if the stadium was bouncing like that continously for 90 minutes it wouldn't have affected your players one bit? I've seen the best crumble under that atmosphere
    I agree with you, it does make a difference. Of course that team will lift with the fans behind them. We're used to that kind of atmosphere though. I've not seen Celtic at home (only away) but I guess it's not too different to a boiling San Siro for example.

Nice to see you still posting here btw :)

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
    Jan 16, 2013
    I just finished watching the whole match.

Fuck me, i'm happy. We showed those British mofos how we roll.

Gotta fucking love Conte. His parking the bus in the first half was genius. We gave them hope and took it away in the 2nd half, evil yet fucking genius.

March and Matri were on fire :matri:

Gingers, cry me a river :cry:

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, BABY.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    I completely thought Celtic had a realistic chance of taking points from the match. But this was in contrast to the bombardment of Celtic fans and US soccer TV pundits who were jizzing all over themselves for how much Celtic was going to cakewalk through a team like Juve and march inevitably towards the CL final.
    Americans talking about football :howler:.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    I beg to differ. I mentioned our home record earlier. You're only the second club to ever beat us at home in the Champions' League. We've beaten Barcelona, Man Utd, Milan, any name you want to mention. How did a club like us from such a small country manage that? These teams should have been hammering us 3-0 every time.

It's quite simple, we keep up an atmopshere like that for 90 minutes and it lifts the entire team and allows them to compete way beyond their means and level.

You're telling me if the stadium was bouncing like that continously for 90 minutes it wouldn't have affected your players one bit? I've seen the best crumble under that atmosphere
    You should stick around btw :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 148)