[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (9 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah, they couldn't get a penalty because the ball wasn't in play, but a yellow card was a possibility. In Licht's case, a second yellow. The Celtic manager was actually playing that card, imo. He told Hooper to move out from Licht, and he kept changing the players who'd obstruct Buffon, hoping that one of them will force Lichtsteiner to get the 2nd yellow. And it could have happened with some other referee. This one simply didn't want to red card a player for such a foul play.
I didn't realize Licht was on a yellow. Should have switched him and another guy then. Hooper was diving like that all game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I didn't realize Licht was on a yellow. Should have switched him and another guy then. Hooper was diving like that all game.
He got the yellow in the first half when he and Hooper were pushing eachother in Juve's box. Both were carded. Then in the 2nd half Lennon put other players (Brown, Ambrose and maybe someone else) to obstruct Buffon and provoke Licht. I guess the referee didn't want to give Lichtsteiner two yellow cards for the same thing, and I think he made a correct call.
But there is so much drama today in the British media, so I fear that the other referees in the CL will pay more attention to Licht in these dead ball situations. He will have to be more careful. Then again, not many teams will present the same danger as Celtic during corner kicks so Licht and the other guys (especially Chiellini) won't have to be as dirty and noticed by the refs and cameras during set pieces.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Greetings folks, Celtic supporter here.
This is something I never do, but I can't bite my tongue for any longer and have to respond to the ridiculous claims, viewpoints and discussions on here.
A few points I would like to make if I may:

1) What exactly is this forum for? Juventus "supporters" around the world? As far as I was aware they are an Italian club. Have many of you ever seen them play a game of football? I find it astounding to see some things people have said who have probably never seen the club play - or come from a country such as Canada or Australia with very little to none footballing history or culture, let alone comment on Celtic.

2) I also find it astounding that there are actually members on this forum with over 20,000 posts? Do you people not have social lives or careers that exist outwith a digital world? How do you possibly find the time and spend so much of it on the internet giving your post match analysis or your intellectual insights into football. Very bizarre. Perhaps time away from your computers and phones would benefit you.

Moving on,

Congratulations to Juventus yesterday evening on their hard earned win, because believe it or not, it was hard earned. 0-3 is a flattering scoreline. I am the first to say our manager got it wrong and despite valiant performances from our players for the best part, in the end we were not good enough. Perhaps we will have a better outcome for the return leg.

I am disappointed to see the bitterness and immaturity here. You must realise the coefficient of our country, how much our squad cost? Celtic's XI tonight probably cost around £14million. Compare that to Juventus which would be what?....You tell me. Your players looked panicked, uncomfortable and often resorted to underhanded tactics such as 'cheating', poor sportsmanship and time wasting.

It is clear many if not most of you are EXTREMELY ignorant in regards to the atmosphere. Again, it was not the best ever tonight and was flat at points - but do not be ridiculous, the travelling supporters did not outsing us once, albeit they were impressive at points. Celtic Park does not have its fierce reputation for nothing. A simple Google search will provide you with countless quotes, videos etc exhibiting the unique atmosphere our impressive support create. Juventus Stadium could only ever dream of mustering this kind of hostile and uneasy environment for visiting players and supporters. The ignorance and naivety is astounding. Your home ground has no repuation, nor do your home supporters. Can you debate this? Perhaps, but evidence suggests otherwise and heavily leans towards Celtic's favour.

Your narrow minded perception of the Celtic support is quite frankly hilarious. You judge millions of supporters on a few silly responses on an online forum? Comical.

Finally it is clear this forum is full of - simply put - fucking idiotic monkeys. I look forward to hearing your responses or any questions you may have.
Good luck in the return leg, and good luck for the remainder of the campaign. You will not make it past the QFs.

Juve Juve Vaffanculo.

PS I find it hilarious that your manager used to be bald, and suddenly now has hair. Very pretty transplants.
The circus has left town but the clown is still there...

Feb 13, 2013
By the way, Celtic Park's so-called "great atmosphere" happens in Turkey against provincial mid table teams. Nothing special...
Mate trust me, the early goal just killed it. It was dead after that. You didn't even see 20% of what Celtic Park was capable of last night

This is what Celtic Park is capable of

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eEnVPsm42A

Our fans can be amazing and truly be a 12th man on the pitch but like a lot of football fans, we have a tendency to only sing when we're winning. That's what I was saying with my post earlier. The team needed that kind of support when we were 1-0 down last night, not just when we're 3-0 up against our rivals.

Juventino[RUS];4053407 said:
British football :lol: 1 WC in 150 years and even there they won it because of referee's mistake :lol: British football is when 95% of teams of ur best league are using foreign players :touched:

Oh, and btw, how fast Celtics fans forgot that Samaras dive against Spartak and awarded PK because of it gave them the green light to quater-finals

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsN57F_rmAE

:lol:
I don't know what the code is for a thumbs up smilie on this forum but I'd give you one for the first sentence. I also support the Scottish national team so bringing up the 1966 World Cup does not make me happy and in fact would make 100% of Celtic fans very unhappy. :lol:

We got a break with that penalty. It happens. Saying that I don't think it's the worst decision I've ever seen. There is contact but Samaras makes a meal of it. As if any of your players wouldn't go down in a CL match when a defender makes a challenge like that in the box..

Remember Samaras also scored the header in the final minute when we beat Spartak 3-2 away from home. Show a YouTube of that.

Mar 9, 2006
Juve are cheating cunts. Cheated in 2001 and cheated in 2013. The sooner their fans accept their club for what it is and move on, the better.

I will accept defeat If we deserve to loose ans we did not deserve to loose that match and by such margin.

Juve fans with the swastikas and white pride flags at the game last night , Fuck them dirty cheating corrupt cunts .

If he (samaras) reversed the deficit for us, he could come round to my house and fuck my sister proper stinking...i'd then make him his tea.

:rofl: the last one :lol:

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Mate trust me, the early goal just killed it. It was dead after that. You didn't even see 20% of what Celtic Park was capable of last night

This is what Celtic Park is capable of

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eEnVPsm42A

Our fans can be amazing and truly be a 12th man on the pitch but like a lot of football fans, we have a tendency to only sing when we're winning. That's what I was saying with my post earlier. The team needed that kind of support when we were 1-0 down last night, not just when we're 3-0 up against our rivals.

It's an amazing atmosphere there's no doubting it, but no amount of singing in unison or shouting will ever win you a football match. This is done by playing actual football, and this is why the scoreline reads

Celtic 0 - 3 Juventus

as opposed to

Celtic's 12th man 1 - 0 Juventus

:tup:

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
He got the yellow in the first half when he and Hooper were pushing eachother in Juve's box. Both were carded. Then in the 2nd half Lennon put other players (Brown, Ambrose and maybe someone else) to obstruct Buffon and provoke Licht. I guess the referee didn't want to give Lichtsteiner two yellow cards for the same thing, and I think he made a correct call.
But there is so much drama today in the British media, so I fear that the other referees in the CL will pay more attention to Licht in these dead ball situations. He will have to be more careful. Then again, not many teams will present the same danger as Celtic during corner kicks so Licht and the other guys (especially Chiellini) won't have to be as dirty and noticed by the refs and cameras during set pieces.
Judging by this interview, it seems like Conte had studied Celtic's corners and had specifically asked Lichtsteiner to keep the Celtic players far away from Buffon

- - - Updated - - -

"After Juventus scored one of their goals you can see the fourth official celebrate with the Juventus manager which also raised questions from myself."
That was our own staff member :lol: :lol:

Feb 13, 2013
Well put mate, but if you can call it 'obstruction'' then what do you call it when a player is obstructing Buffon? or grapping Lichtsteiners arm, swing it and fell down like you see a million euro on the ground?
Celtic played a very physical match and i saw many fouls which the referee didn't call for on both sides, i saw some rugby tackles espacially on Pirlo who didn't wine a and just played on.

The game was just as important for us mate, we wanted to show the world that we are back. We had to face a Celtic who had hopes after having a great results against Barca(seen by many as the best team in the world) You beated them, lucky or not, the result is what counts.

The thing with Celtic is that they need a playmaker, Long balls and free kicks and corners isn't gonna cut it against the top teams of europe, Except Barca because theire defense is like 1,65cm tall.
All Juve had to do was waiting for you guys to run out of energy and strike. Don't forget our defense is normally the defense of Italy. so it would be hard to score once let alone twice against us.
You will see a whole different match in Turin, there we can play our own game basicly because of the result but also we kinda didn't know what to expect yesterday.

i agree with the blaming part. Pretty sad that a player blames to other and goes public with it.
Well I'd rather not even get into all of these incidents with the marking as there was so much going on it's impossible to analyze it all. I will admit there were Celtic players pushing and shoving as well. What I will say is in the British game if you stand with your arms out in front of an attacker at a corner it's labelled obstruction. The common refrain on this is "if it's anywhere else on the pitch, it's a free-kick". I guess the advantage is given to the attacker in our country.

Really I feel it's irrelavent anyway as even if the referee was sympathetic to that view the only difference is we might have lost 3-1 instead of 3-0 and neither result leaves us with much hope for the 2nd leg.

I know how important this tie also is for Juve. I grew up in the 90's and can remember when Juve were the top team in Europe and maybe the world. I understand you want to get back to that level and I think you can but ultimately you have more to play for domestically. You have to go back to Italy and fight to retain Serie A. We're 18 points clear in Scotland now. Don't know if you know much about it but Rangers were liquidated like Fiorentina and there's a new team in the bottom division. This means our budget is 10x everyone else in SPL. Not saying SPL is crap, for a country of 5 million it's actually a decent league. But when your budget is that much bigger than everyone else you will naturally win the title every year.

I'm not complaining about that at all because it's an amazing position for us to be in. But what I'm saying is since we don't have to go back and fight for the title with Rangers like we normally would, there is no challenge domestically. I didn't mean the games weren't also meaningful for Juventus. I meant for us this is our last meaningful game in a long while (maybe until next season!) as we've already got things sewn up domestically.

I definitely agree with you that we need a playmaker. We have a lot of tough tackling midfielders with energy but we lack a cutting edge right now. It's something you clearly don't lack with Marchisio, Pirlo & Vidal. It's beautiful to see three players with an understanding like that in the modern game. From our games against both of you, I'd say they're even better than Barca's midfield.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
On about writing letters to UEFA and ministers, my god :sergio:

I've lost what little respect I had for these fans now, completely delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)