[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (2 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
On about writing letters to UEFA and ministers, my god :sergio:

I've lost what little respect I had for these fans now, completely delusional.
I know, whilst he's at it he might as well write a letter to the Vatican demanding that the next Pope be catholic. :tup:

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Time for the gold quotes of celtic fans before the game :D

This forum is an absolute embarrassment to Juventus I just sat and read a few pages of this thread there and I must say no one values your opinions you lot are just jumped up glory hunters looking down at Celtic well you will be in for a shock when your team come to Celtic Park the atmosphere and sheer passion of 60,000 Celtic supporters will carry our team over the line, Then we will go too Turin where the real Juve fans will be and give our all. The Italian Juventus forum are even giving you pelters for being glory hunters, These are the juve fans i will get opinons from in the future. Better being positive than negative- "We're the famous Glasgow Celtic and we're off to WEMBLEY."
Think you guys are really underestimating us
Celtic have suffered only two defeats in 23 home games in the Champions League, both against Barcelona.
No Italian club has won at Celtic Park in the Champions League (two defeats, two draws).
Celtic at home vs Juventus record. 1-0 (1982) 4-3 (2001)

So to all of those super confident Juve fans out there, have a little respect.
You may not get what you had hoped for. ;-)

Victor Wanyama will give Pogba and Pirlo nightmares.
Wait and see.
Come back on here at 10 PM tuesday night, and if Juventus have beaten Celtic, I'll make a donation to the site moderators.

P.s 'He who laughs last...' ;-)
I will make sure I come back on Tuesday night, to offer my condolences.
Two more sleeps.

Enjoy the anticipation, but please don't be be underwhelmed or angry when you leave Glasgow as losers.
(Again) ;-)
I'm loving the fact alot of you on here are looking down on our team and think its an easy game it will be all the sweeter when another big European name crashes out of the tournament. Personally I'm not to bothered about juventus you are no where near as good as the team who we beat 4-3 so I don't really fear you.
At the end of the day we are going through because you are going in to this game with the arrogant mindset of the English. And we're does it get them year in year out ? Fucked out of every club and international tournament. Hope you enjoy the rest of your season without champions league football.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
On about writing letters to UEFA and ministers, my god :sergio:

I've lost what little respect I had for these fans now, completely delusional.
TBH, I expected nothing less from a group of self-centered, arrogant pricks who were so casually expecting European domination.

Feb 13, 2013
JFG™;4053637 said:
It's an amazing atmosphere there's no doubting it, but no amount of singing in unison or shouting will ever win you a football match. This is done by playing actual football, and this is why the scoreline reads

Celtic 0 - 3 Juventus

as opposed to

Celtic's 12th man 1 - 0 Juventus

:tup:
I beg to differ. I mentioned our home record earlier. You're only the second club to ever beat us at home in the Champions' League. We've beaten Barcelona, Man Utd, Milan, any name you want to mention. How did a club like us from such a small country manage that? These teams should have been hammering us 3-0 every time.

It's quite simple, we keep up an atmopshere like that for 90 minutes and it lifts the entire team and allows them to compete way beyond their means and level.

You're telling me if the stadium was bouncing like that continously for 90 minutes it wouldn't have affected your players one bit? I've seen the best crumble under that atmosphere

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I know, whilst he's at it he might as well write a letter to the Vatican demanding that the next Pope be catholic. :tup:
Don't give them any ideas :D Lennon for the Papacy!!!

And I thought my people were bad.
Oh they are :) Except you of course
Gotta be the worst fans in football.
Definitely right up there.
TBH, I expected nothing less from a group of self-centered, arrogant pricks who were so casually expecting European domination.
Infallible, just like their former leader.
They can write?

So much like Liverpool, always the victims. No wonder they love each other.
Refer to my previous responses :agree:

- - - Updated - - -

I beg to differ. I mentioned our home record earlier. You're only the second club to ever beat us at home in the Champions' League. We've beaten Barcelona, Man Utd, Milan, any name you want to mention. How did a club like us from such a small country manage that? These teams should have been hammering us 3-0 every time.

It's quite simple, we keep up an atmopshere like that for 90 minutes and it lifts the entire team and allows them to compete way beyond their means and level.

You're telling me if the stadium was bouncing like that continously for 90 minutes it wouldn't have affected your players one bit? I've seen the best crumble under that atmosphere
As noted by Buffon prier to the game, the team are used to these kinds of hostile atmospheres. The San Paolo and the San Siro being decent examples

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
JFG™;4053673 said:
As noted by Buffon prier to the game, the team are used to these kinds of hostile atmospheres. The San Paolo and the San Siro being decent examples
But how can you compare the intimidation factor between a heavily-hair-sprayed 68-year-old Rod Stewart to a stadium of 60k+ drooling, missing link Neanderthals with a combined IQ that's lower than Commons' jersey number at the San Paolo?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Greetings folks, Celtic supporter here.
This is something I never do, but I can't bite my tongue for any longer and have to respond to the ridiculous claims, viewpoints and discussions on here.
A few points I would like to make if I may:

1) What exactly is this forum for? Juventus "supporters" around the world? As far as I was aware they are an Italian club. Have many of you ever seen them play a game of football? I find it astounding to see some things people have said who have probably never seen the club play - or come from a country such as Canada or Australia with very little to none footballing history or culture, let alone comment on Celtic.

2) I also find it astounding that there are actually members on this forum with over 20,000 posts? Do you people not have social lives or careers that exist outwith a digital world? How do you possibly find the time and spend so much of it on the internet giving your post match analysis or your intellectual insights into football. Very bizarre. Perhaps time away from your computers and phones would benefit you.

Moving on,

Congratulations to Juventus yesterday evening on their hard earned win, because believe it or not, it was hard earned. 0-3 is a flattering scoreline. I am the first to say our manager got it wrong and despite valiant performances from our players for the best part, in the end we were not good enough. Perhaps we will have a better outcome for the return leg.

I am disappointed to see the bitterness and immaturity here. You must realise the coefficient of our country, how much our squad cost? Celtic's XI tonight probably cost around £14million. Compare that to Juventus which would be what?....You tell me. Your players looked panicked, uncomfortable and often resorted to underhanded tactics such as 'cheating', poor sportsmanship and time wasting.

It is clear many if not most of you are EXTREMELY ignorant in regards to the atmosphere. Again, it was not the best ever tonight and was flat at points - but do not be ridiculous, the travelling supporters did not outsing us once, albeit they were impressive at points. Celtic Park does not have its fierce reputation for nothing. A simple Google search will provide you with countless quotes, videos etc exhibiting the unique atmosphere our impressive support create. Juventus Stadium could only ever dream of mustering this kind of hostile and uneasy environment for visiting players and supporters. The ignorance and naivety is astounding. Your home ground has no repuation, nor do your home supporters. Can you debate this? Perhaps, but evidence suggests otherwise and heavily leans towards Celtic's favour.

Your narrow minded perception of the Celtic support is quite frankly hilarious. You judge millions of supporters on a few silly responses on an online forum? Comical.

Finally it is clear this forum is full of - simply put - $#@!ing idiotic monkeys. I look forward to hearing your responses or any questions you may have.
Good luck in the return leg, and good luck for the remainder of the campaign. You will not make it past the QFs.

Juve Juve Vaffanculo.

PS I find it hilarious that your manager used to be bald, and suddenly now has hair. Very pretty transplants.
Your first point- I live in the USA and have seen Juve play both here and in Canada, and I can almost guarantee most on this forum have seen a game...maybe not in Italy, but wherever Juve has traveled to. Many of us also spend our hard earned money on satellite systems that carry the games, so we get to see all of our teams games

Your second point- you are on this forum and already have a bunch of posts, so maybe you should get a life as well !!! :p

Your team is a big fish in a small pond, while we are a shark of the ocean...what the fvck did you expect to happen ?? Your team is in a league that used to be a 2 horse race, and now you will win the SPL every year by default... not exactly a league which deserves to send ANY teams to the CL. Tell you what, lets put your team in the English League Championship, and see if they are even capable of promotion.

I am sick of the English media stating that Celtic even had a chance against us, and the American & Canadian media hopped on that bandwagon as well. Your manager and players seemed to be over-confident as well. Now they come out and say they played better than the scoreline, and are even blaming each other for the loss...what a fucking joke !!

Lets not piss Juve off now, before they decide not to show you any mercy at the Juventus Stadium, and embarrass your sorry asses !!!

Celtic are a joke....they pulled off a Buster Douglas win against an overconfident Barca, and that's your entire claim to fame. I watched you guys play on Saturday, and KNEW that you had no chance with your joke of a team !!

You speak of Conte's hair transplant, but all the surgery in the world won't help your manager from looking like a freckled faced mutt !!!

Now, kindly fvck off, and leave the Champions League to best teams in Europe !!!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This is how you truly know Juventus is back.

It's one thing when domestically teams cry foul, but when European teams are now joining the chorus its a whole new ball game.

We're back guys. :touched:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Celtic never say Catholic.

They would demand that the Pope be "Celtic minded", which is the same thing they say when they want a Catholic manager.

Come back on here at 10 PM tuesday night, and if Juventus have beaten Celtic, I'll make a donation to the site moderators.
@Marty, has a donation been received?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)