[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (6 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
All this reaction from Celtic boils down to shock.

Their fans, staff and players deep down thought they were certain to win at Celtic and perhaps the tie. They greatly underestimated us and hence the reaction we're now seeing. Accusations based on nothing, they're just now trying to save face because they were embarrassed.
:tup: :tup: :tup:

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I remember some Celtic fan in this forum said that they all are very respectful and hate their opponent just for 90 minutes and after the game can buy you a beer.

I believed it, but now i see they're just a bunch of crying babies that tries to look big and important, like Viola rats. That's all i can say. Let's humiliate them once againt at Juve stadium and forget that mediocre team.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Saying that they are bad losers is not underestimating them, if that's what are you referring to.
That really made no sense. You made two perfectly valid points. First, before the match, you say that Juve fans shouldn't be arrogant and underestimate Celtic, and after the match you said something completely unrelated i.e that Celtic are being bad losers.
Then he goes on quoting you as if you contradicted yourself :lol:

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Greetings folks, Celtic supporter here.
This is something I never do, but I can't bite my tongue for any longer and have to respond to the ridiculous claims, viewpoints and discussions on here.
A few points I would like to make if I may:

1) What exactly is this forum for? Juventus "supporters" around the world? As far as I was aware they are an Italian club. Have many of you ever seen them play a game of football? I find it astounding to see some things people have said who have probably never seen the club play - or come from a country such as Canada or Australia with very little to none footballing history or culture, let alone comment on Celtic.

2) I also find it astounding that there are actually members on this forum with over 20,000 posts? Do you people not have social lives or careers that exist outwith a digital world? How do you possibly find the time and spend so much of it on the internet giving your post match analysis or your intellectual insights into football. Very bizarre. Perhaps time away from your computers and phones would benefit you.

Moving on,

Congratulations to Juventus yesterday evening on their hard earned win, because believe it or not, it was hard earned. 0-3 is a flattering scoreline. I am the first to say our manager got it wrong and despite valiant performances from our players for the best part, in the end we were not good enough. Perhaps we will have a better outcome for the return leg.

I am disappointed to see the bitterness and immaturity here. You must realise the coefficient of our country, how much our squad cost? Celtic's XI tonight probably cost around £14million. Compare that to Juventus which would be what?....You tell me. Your players looked panicked, uncomfortable and often resorted to underhanded tactics such as 'cheating', poor sportsmanship and time wasting.

It is clear many if not most of you are EXTREMELY ignorant in regards to the atmosphere. Again, it was not the best ever tonight and was flat at points - but do not be ridiculous, the travelling supporters did not outsing us once, albeit they were impressive at points. Celtic Park does not have its fierce reputation for nothing. A simple Google search will provide you with countless quotes, videos etc exhibiting the unique atmosphere our impressive support create. Juventus Stadium could only ever dream of mustering this kind of hostile and uneasy environment for visiting players and supporters. The ignorance and naivety is astounding. Your home ground has no repuation, nor do your home supporters. Can you debate this? Perhaps, but evidence suggests otherwise and heavily leans towards Celtic's favour.

Your narrow minded perception of the Celtic support is quite frankly hilarious. You judge millions of supporters on a few silly responses on an online forum? Comical.

Finally it is clear this forum is full of - simply put - $#@!ing idiotic monkeys. I look forward to hearing your responses or any questions you may have.
Good luck in the return leg, and good luck for the remainder of the campaign. You will not make it past the QFs.

Juve Juve Vaffanculo.

PS I find it hilarious that your manager used to be bald, and suddenly now has hair. Very pretty transplants.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
All this reaction from Celtic boils down to shock.

Their fans, staff and players deep down thought they were certain to win at Celtic and perhaps the tie. They greatly underestimated us and hence the reaction we're now seeing. Accusations based on nothing, they're just now trying to save face because they were embarrassed.
Shock? Of course it's shock. Half of their fan base was predicting Celtic in the CL Final this year. :seven:

Contrast with, say, fans of Malaga who appreciate where they are but also know that they have quite a ways to go before they can confidently measure themselves up for the CL title. With Celtic, it's like they've already arrived and it's expected. :disagree:

I am extra glad that Celtic beat Barca this season. It sucked their fans into one of the biggest football trolls of the decade, and they're still falling for it.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
Isn't it funny how some of us were worried that we might underestimate Celtic? Turns out they underestimated us because for some reason they thought that beating Barca automatically made them the best team in the world. :lol:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I suppose Celtic wanted a penalty for that though both player could be yellowed for simulation. If the ball were in play.:lol:
Yeah, they couldn't get a penalty because the ball wasn't in play, but a yellow card was a possibility. In Licht's case, a second yellow. The Celtic manager was actually playing that card, imo. He told Hooper to move out from Licht, and he kept changing the players who'd obstruct Buffon, hoping that one of them will force Lichtsteiner to get the 2nd yellow. And it could have happened with some other referee. This one simply didn't want to red card a player for such a foul play.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah, they couldn't get a penalty because the ball wasn't in play, but a yellow card was a possibility. In Licht's case, a second yellow. The Celtic manager was actually playing that card, imo. He told Hooper to move out from Licht, and he kept changing the players who'd obstruct Buffon, hoping that one of them will force Lichtsteiner to get the 2nd yellow. And it could have happened with some other referee. This one simply didn't want to red card a player for such a foul play.
If there's a team that deserves a club to pull a Luiz Adriano on them, I'm convinced it's Celtic.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I find it hilarious that Celtic fan bhoys are still crying about cheating not realizing (how many times must this be said?) you cannot get a penalty during a deadball. What other way is there to say that? How else can that be said? Do they understand the game? At all? Deadball. Also, let's remember that Hooper was obstructing Buffon and Lich was stopping him from doing so. Simple tactics on both sides and, yes, Lich came out looking bad in their eyes. Why would he not?

For a Celtic team that is "celebrated" for their set-pieces, all it took was a Swiss in black to make their club look clueless on the offensive side of the pitch. Sad that they must resort to blaming the ref, villifying Lich when in reality they should blame Lennon, Ambrose, and their uninspired gameplan that fell very very flat. Juve basically let them control possession and let them make the mistakes, taking advantage each and every time to sprint up the pitch and punish them.

Lichtsteiner is my hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)