[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (22 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Juventino[RUS];4053407 said:

:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

British football :lol: 1 WC in 150 years and even there they won it because of referee's mistake :lol: British football is when 95% of teams of ur best league are using foreign players :touched:
amusing pic but I can't understand the part of juve being depicted as a sumo wrestler, and why the number 26?

ah I get it, litch lol... the sumo doesn't look like litch at all :lol: and it's not that litch who killed the boys :lol:

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
A lot of it can be put down to the differences between British & Italian football. Honestly the kind of marking Juve did on corners could have led to penalties in the British game and I was definitely shouting for them last night. Holding your arms out while running with & marking a player at a corner would be considered "obstruction". But we have to remember we were playing an Italian team with a Spanish referee and things are different in other countries.

It was a mistake for our fans to expend so much energy on that. It's easy to get into the mindset of "the ref is against us" when a few decisions don't go your way. But I actually think that more than anything was what kept us out the game. If the fans had got behind the team more at 1-0 like I know they can instead of spending all our energy shouting at the ref we could have possibly brought it back. This is one of our major faults at this level. When decisions don't go our way we have the tendency to think the entire world is against us and waste so much time complaining about it when the best thing to do is just get on with it.

Also you have to remember the importance of this game for us. With Rangers not in the league this year we are guaranteed to win the championship. This match was probably our last meaningful game of the season and fans had built it up so much in their heads. This is what happens when you lose a match like that 3-0. Fans have the tendency to look at a few innocuous decisions and say "we were cheated!" rather than face the truth that we were just outplayed by a very good team.

This isn't even mentioning the persecution complex a lot of Celtic fans have. We represent a minority group in our country (Irish) and despite being a big team we have often got a raw deal from referees in our own country. A lot of those people have a point when it comes to Scotland, I've seen some horrendous decisions from Scottish referees in my day. But it's naive to think this persecution also applies to UEFA.

There were a couple decisions I wasn't happy with last night but I don't think they would have changed the game much at all. Any team who wins 3-0 are clear & deserved winners. The reason we lost so heavily was because of our own inexperience at this level. I honestly think if we (players and fans) had handled some of these issues better at 1-0 down we could have come back into it. Any Celtic fan saying we were "cheated" is just bitter in my opinion. I'm bitter too. This was our game of the season and we're out of the tie before the second leg. It's just unfortunate that a lot of people have to find someone to blame when in this instance the blame might lie with themselves.
Well put mate, but if you can call it 'obstruction'' then what do you call it when a player is obstructing Buffon? or grapping Lichtsteiners arm, swing it and fell down like you see a million euro on the ground?
Celtic played a very physical match and i saw many fouls which the referee didn't call for on both sides, i saw some rugby tackles espacially on Pirlo who didn't wine a and just played on.

The game was just as important for us mate, we wanted to show the world that we are back. We had to face a Celtic who had hopes after having a great results against Barca(seen by many as the best team in the world) You beated them, lucky or not, the result is what counts.

The thing with Celtic is that they need a playmaker, Long balls and free kicks and corners isn't gonna cut it against the top teams of europe, Except Barca because theire defense is like 1,65cm tall.
All Juve had to do was waiting for you guys to run out of energy and strike. Don't forget our defense is normally the defense of Italy. so it would be hard to score once let alone twice against us.
You will see a whole different match in Turin, there we can play our own game basicly because of the result but also we kinda didn't know what to expect yesterday.

i agree with the blaming part. Pretty sad that a player blames to other and goes public with it.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
I always thought that depending entirely on atmosphere and fans against a big team is a unique Turkish team behaviour, such as Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe and Beşiktaş has. Now i will
count Celtic in that list too, especially after observing their attitude.

It happens every year in european cups, at home, turkish teams start with senseless blatant pressing, hard tackles and endless energy in front of their own fans, about 65-70 minutes...
...and at press conference, managers always blames referees, people mocks referees for being racist, press tells how our team played like lions or like eagles despite they conceded 3 goals etc...

Almost every time you can see the same scenario. That's what happens when your $#@!ing country sleps with football, wakes up with football but still don't understand a $#@! about
it's tactical side, while your home grown players has the technical ability of Del Piero's 4 years old daughter Dorotea.

I was very calm and quite sure about Juventus yesterday, because i knew Celtic will be tired and lost their grip on the pitch. I knew it, because i watched the same thing over
and over again with Turkish teams and i had enough with this already when i was just a kid.

By the way, Celtic Park's so-called "great atmosphere" happens in Turkey against provincial mid table teams. Nothing special...
+ rep :tup:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
A lot of it can be put down to the differences between British & Italian football. Honestly the kind of marking Juve did on corners could have led to penalties in the British game and I was definitely shouting for them last night. Holding your arms out while running with & marking a player at a corner would be considered "obstruction". But we have to remember we were playing an Italian team with a Spanish referee and things are different in other countries.

It was a mistake for our fans to expend so much energy on that. It's easy to get into the mindset of "the ref is against us" when a few decisions don't go your way. But I actually think that more than anything was what kept us out the game. If the fans had got behind the team more at 1-0 like I know they can instead of spending all our energy shouting at the ref we could have possibly brought it back. This is one of our major faults at this level. When decisions don't go our way we have the tendency to think the entire world is against us and waste so much time complaining about it when the best thing to do is just get on with it.

Also you have to remember the importance of this game for us. With Rangers not in the league this year we are guaranteed to win the championship. This match was probably our last meaningful game of the season and fans had built it up so much in their heads. This is what happens when you lose a match like that 3-0. Fans have the tendency to look at a few innocuous decisions and say "we were cheated!" rather than face the truth that we were just outplayed by a very good team.

This isn't even mentioning the persecution complex a lot of Celtic fans have. We represent a minority group in our country (Irish) and despite being a big team we have often got a raw deal from referees in our own country. A lot of those people have a point when it comes to Scotland, I've seen some horrendous decisions from Scottish referees in my day. But it's naive to think this persecution also applies to UEFA.

There were a couple decisions I wasn't happy with last night but I don't think they would have changed the game much at all. Any team who wins 3-0 are clear & deserved winners. The reason we lost so heavily was because of our own inexperience at this level. I honestly think if we (players and fans) had handled some of these issues better at 1-0 down we could have come back into it. Any Celtic fan saying we were "cheated" is just bitter in my opinion. I'm bitter too. This was our game of the season and we're out of the tie before the second leg. It's just unfortunate that a lot of people have to find someone to blame when in this instance the blame might lie with themselves.

cheers man, well analyzed, stick around.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That's completely untrue. There is way more pushing and pulling and maneuvering for space before the ball is kicked in the BPL. No one in any league ever gets an obstruction call for a penalty. Any jostling that goes on before the ball is put into play is jostling. It's not subjective to being obstruction or a foul until the ball is struck. If Celtic get those calls regularly in the SPL it's probably because they are the biggest, wealthiest team in the league. Not because they are actually common calls. The stuff last night wasn't any rougher than what I grew up playing with in the US.

That's a ridiculous cop-out for terribly unsporting behavior (not that some Juve fans are any better). The only reason Celtic fans are calling Juventus cheaters is because it's easy to do given their past. Another reason I believe such accusations fly is that Celtic fans are actually shocked that they lost the match 3-0.

In fact the referee did a wonderful job of recognizing that the physicality of the match was greater than in his native league.

That said, the rest of your post was great. Stick around.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yeah, the calls for penalty are so annoying and shows how much some know. Never have I seen a penalty called from shit like that, not to mention Hooper was doing just as much pushing as Licht.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
After Celtic's banner I hope we retort in a witty fashion, this would be my choice, made to look like conte on a zebra and the dead man in Celtic colours being picked apart by the vultures

:howler:

Don't know if other folk picked up on it, but I always think half the Celtic players look overweight.

we have often got a raw deal from referees in our own country
:rofl:

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
In Common's defence it was an awful choice from the coach to play him. I don't know who their alternative is, but playing a guy that just came back from the AFCON and has been gone for some time is never a wise idea.

But he wasn't 100% at fault for their first goal imo, the other CB should've covered for him and the keeper could've communicated/guided him better.
Goalkeeper made very bad decision :lol: the whole team is crap why blaming it all on one player.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
they're not overweight, just thick boned!

- - - Updated - - -

I can't believe Commons and Lennon are selling out their own teammate/player.

Lo Stile Celtic
Yeah, and Lennon has room to talk, that fucking asshole. He's the one who played him ffs.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Commons was at Derby County before this.:lol:
Thats the part of the self-delusion thats amusing, I dont mind them, but they are clearly shaped by the little league they are kings of, when a Derby County and Nottingham forrest reject is hailed as their star to the point they actually think he is one of the best players around, and he believes the hype enough to be arrogant and selfish enough to publically berate a teammate of his like he was so awesome and his teammates were a burden to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)