[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (2 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
We're g gonna have to put in a Stoke like performance if we're to overcome these European giants. Hope to god Andrew Pirlo is on top form otherwise we haven't a hope seeing as how he'll be our only player on the pitch.
The Scottish league is fiercely competitive these days, teams like Ross county and Kilmarnock are not to be underestimated. The fact that Celtic are leading are topping their respective table is a real testament to their overall quality.

I wish we had been able to draw Real Madrid or even finished second in our group so that we may have been able to face Barca, I would have fancied our chances better against them seeing as how we beat them ten years ago.
:D

- - - Updated - - -

'I don't know why people keep talking about that other glory-seeker Juve forum.....they're probably just ex-Man United 'fans' who switched to an Italian team after seeing Italy win the 2006 World Cup.'

@Fake Melo

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Looking at their forum, I think it's clear they haven't watched us for the past two years and think we play the same was as we did in 2000. Posts like Celtic are more athletic and stronger are completely laughable.

Our style now suits playing these physicals teams like Celtic, we're superior in every department and if we turn up we will beat them comfortably both away and at home.

They'll probably play 4-4-1-1 with either Hooper or Samaras as the lone striker with Scott Brown supporting, but Browns role will be to man mark Pirlo and put pressure further up the pitch to stop s playing out from the back. I think like Chelsea did they'll fall into the trap of putting too much emphasis on Pirlo and Marchisio and Vidal will be able to roam quite freely. Bonucci will be key to our passing game as he'll have the job of doing the Pirlo passing role for large stretches of the game. They'll sit deep and bunker in which I think we've become accustomed to playing against a lot this season and for me Vucinic and Giovinco will be the perfect forward line to pull there CB's out to allow Marchisio and Licht to ghost in behind. Unlike Barcelona we play with alot of width and as shown against Chelsea they tried to funnel us down the middle yet we switched the ball quickly and we were in behind on numerous occasions.

The arrogance of there fans is frightening to be honest.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not even the Chelsea fans were this cocky and confident before we played them. Infact, most were respectful of us and said they were worried to play us and knew that we were a dangerous opponents.

Now I know why Red hates Celtic fans, what a bunch of deluded imbeciles.
It's very easy to see the minority on there who know something about us, and the majority who don't have a fucking clue what a good team we have created. So it's just ignorance.

I've found this a lot with teams who are used to winning, as Celtic are in their mediocre league. Fans end up with an inflated view of their team and players.

Juventus are clear favourites over the two legs. Juventus are 1/7 to qualify, with Celtic 9/2. Let's not joke around. We'll have to be really wasteful and suffer a bad loss in Glasgow to be in real trouble.

The first leg points to a draw, Celtic have not lost in the last 8 games at home to Italian teams, with most being draws. A score draw would suit us fine. A 0-0 not so much, because that risks them nicking a goal on a break or set play and then putting us under pressure to score two.

In Turin I'd expect nothing but an ultra defensive display from them. I also think in Glasgow they'll be surprised at how well we keep the ball, and they'll be attacking in spells of intense pressure rather than long periods of possession.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at their forum, I think it's clear they haven't watched us for the past two years and think we play the same was as we did in 2000. Posts like Celtic are more athletic and stronger are completely laughable.

Our style now suits playing these physicals teams like Celtic, we're superior in every department and if we turn up we will beat them comfortably both away and at home.

They'll probably play 4-4-1-1 with either Hooper or Samaras as the lone striker with Scott Brown supporting, but Browns role will be to man mark Pirlo and put pressure further up the pitch to stop s playing out from the back. I think like Chelsea did they'll fall into the trap of putting too much emphasis on Pirlo and Marchisio and Vidal will be able to roam quite freely. Bonucci will be key to our passing game as he'll have the job of doing the Pirlo passing role for large stretches of the game. They'll sit deep and bunker in which I think we've become accustomed to playing against a lot this season and for me Vucinic and Giovinco will be the perfect forward line to pull there CB's out to allow Marchisio and Licht to ghost in behind. Unlike Barcelona we play with alot of width and as shown against Chelsea they tried to funnel us down the middle yet we switched the ball quickly and we were in behind on numerous occasions.

The arrogance of there fans is frightening to be honest.
I like the fact that even their players seem to think that man marking Pirlo somehow destroys us from an attacking perspective. He just plays it off to Bonucci or quicker to Vidal and Marchisio. We do two steps instead of one. With Vucinic and Giovinco up front the attack has good diversity, the question is just whether they will be clinical.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Cant see us conceding any goals against celtic. Their forward line is child's play for Barzagli and co. A non-scoring log like Samaras is the type of striker our defenders handle with the least difficulty.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
There fans should look at Lennons reaction when they drew us to see how worried he looked.

@Jay,

Even if we were so wasteful I cannot see us not scoring at Celtic. We were wasteful at the Bridge yet still got two. If we're clinical on the night it could quite frankly get embarrassing for Celtic. Id worry for the mental state of TalkCeltic if that happened.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Cant see us conceding any goals against celtic. Their forward line is child's play for Barzagli and co. A non-scoring log like Samaras is the type of striker our defenders handle with the least difficulty.
Well, I couldn't see us conceding a goal against Nordsjælland either. Shit happens. :)

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Also how fired up will Conte be? Its his first Champions League game coaching us on the sidelines.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I couldn't see us conceding a goal against Nordsjælland either. $#@! happens. :)
I can't believe Conte will let the team off with wasting 400 chances like that game :D

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
I cannot believe what I've just read. Someone said we were the easiest draw they could get? :lol:

Madrid wanted to avoid us as did Arsenal and United fans celebrated like crazy when we won the group so they didn't have to face us.

I'm bias but that goes to another level.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
We're gonna have to put in a Stoke like performance if we're to overcome these European giants. Hope to god Andrew Pirlo is on top form otherwise we haven't a hope seeing as how he'll be our only player on the pitch.
The Scottish league is fiercely competitive these days, teams like Ross county and Kilmarnock are not to be underestimated. The fact that Celtic are leading their respective table is a real testament to their overall quality.

I wish we had been able to draw Real Madrid or even finished second in our group so that we may have been able to face Barca, I would have fancied our chances better against them seeing as how we beat them ten years ago.
More of this please :D

None of this nice guy, polite crap you were pulling on their forum.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
There fans should look at Lennons reaction when they drew us to see how worried he looked.
I actually dislike Lennon a lot, I think he is a complete cock. But he knows it's a really tough game, he knows better than their fans as few managers at this level don't know about teams such as ourselves.

Celtic are doing this 'quietly confident' thing where if they win they will be dancing in the streets, but if they lose they can just slip away quietly in the dark. And that's about right, considering the pressure is on us. Them making the last 16 is not something they do every year.

I did like this:
"The 4-3 game was probably one of the highlights of my career. A packed house, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Nedved, in the all-black outfit. They looked the part.

"Didier Agathe playing fantastically well, Lubo on fire, Sutty and Henrik up front, 4-3, just one of the great European nights.
He'll love our current away kit :D

For them it was a great European night, for us it was just a fixture to fulfill, having already won the group and fielding several second string players. I think this lack of context is funny. The objectives of this current Juve team in Glasgow will be quite different.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Not only Conte, Juventus players will be fired up too as it has been a long time since we returned to this phase of the champions league. Everybody will be motivated against to play against Celtic as the draw cant be more perfect. The main concern is the ability to score goals against Celtic and how Celtic will deal with us. I wont be surprised if they are to park the bus against us and strike on the counter. I eagerly wait for this tie and the players for this game. We must play our game but at the same time we should not underestimate Celtic since they defeated Barcelona at home.

The Celtic fans mentioned about solving the problem by man-marking Pirlo, I think they will be in for a huge surprise. Speaking of this, I dont really expect a big scoreline for this game either. This game will be a huge test for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)