[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (32 Viewers)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Mar 10, 2009
Juventus bottled it, it's always best to be humbled earlier then it is afterwords im afraid, hopefully we can learn form this experience and prepare for next year. Bayern have a strong winning mentality in the cl, and thats after they went through some bottling phases themselves. Point is? First champions league since 2010 havent done too badly even if were to go out, just learn from this experience and hopefully we can get a world class striker.

Maldeika

Apr 4, 2013
Bayern heat map from tuesday night. Most of their play was based on that left side.

$b.png
Does not mean much. Should shift a little now that Müller probably will play in the middle again and Robben on the wing. But actually the season stats for the Bundesliga say 39 per cent from the right wing and 35 per cent from the left - and Müller, who does his most assists from the right side leads the assists in the Bundesliga with 12 - Lahm and Ribery have 9. So even if they might play more over the left side - the goals are more often created from the right.

I do not think that Juve will have a chance if Bayern will stay concentrated - and the 2:0 is just so much to give a cushion but still let's you cautious. They are on a mission. The losses last year really made them a lot more focussed. The do not do mistakes anymore they did before.

Bayern lost only one match away this year, an away match in BATE with 1:3 - and drew two, one in Nuremberg (1:1) and one against Valencia (1:1). The rest of their 15 away matches this year they won.

Their combined away table of Bundesliga and CL would look like this:
14 wins, 2 draws, one loss - 36:7 goals

Bayern's top goal scorerers in Bundesliga and CL in away matches:

25 Thomas Müller 12
9 Mario Mandzukic 9
39 Toni Kroos 3
33 Mario Gomez 3
30 Luiz Gustavo 2
7 Franck Ribéry 1
10 Arjen Robben 1
31 Bastian Schweinsteiger 1
13 Rafinha 1
44 Anatoliy Tymoshchuk 1

Müller provided the assist or goal for half of Bayern's away goals. At home only every 9th or 10th of his shots get inside the goal, he usually is more the assistant there and the goal against your side probably was so easy that he just could not prevent himself from it - usually he only shots home goals to equalize or when Boateng get red carded and it the match might have switched... - away it is every third or fourth...

But you never know... :beer:

----------------

About me - I am a Bayern fan how you might have remarked. I read a lot in that forum the recent days and sometimes you just do not only want to read but also give your opinion or get something right what clearly was wrong in a post. I lived in Italy for awhile end of the 80s/beginning of the 90s and followed the Serie A when a lot Germans where playing in it. But I did not really do afterwards. Lately I watched some Milan matches but only to see how van Bommel fares or Boateng. But I do not have any preferences. That I want Bayern to win and not Juve - I guess everybody can understand. I am a fan since mid of the 70s when I was a small girl.

Pirlo had an interview in a German sports news TV channel in which he told that he could totally understand Ribery's foul as he was fouled a lot during the match before. Made me a little surprised to hear a reaction of him like that. For me it is understandable - yes - but should not happen especially as he does not help the team if he cannot keep his temper.

How did you see the performance of our players - not as a team but the single players?

Of yours - yes, Pirlo was made to have a bad night as well as Marchisio and Buffon. Your forward's name I would not even know if I would not have read them here in this forum - they did not really play a role into Tuesday's match.

Vidal was a tougher cookie than in the last match I saw him - but that does not mean much as Heynckes substituted him early after a terrible match in which he caused a goal, got toasted a couple of times by Müller and Klose and was near to a yellow-red card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)