[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (5 Viewers)

Maldeika

Apr 4, 2013
pirlo and penalties :scared:
Is he your penalty shooter?

Bayern's are Müller and Alaba... - since this season - because of last season (and the first penalties of this year that Schweinsteiger & Co. shot were not successful). Alaba has balls of steel and Müller is Müller. So I do not know if his way of shooting penalties is something you do with a Buffon as a goalkeeper. He does not choose a corner but waits and looks them out. Looks funny and is maybe the way a Müller must make things like that - but until now it works. Manu did not exercise with him as he said he would have to laugh in the middle of it - so he is always taking extra shifts with the reserve keeper...

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Is he your penalty shooter?

Bayern's are Müller and Alaba... - since this season - because of last season (and the first penalties of this year that Schweinsteiger & Co. shot were not successful). Alaba has balls of steel and Müller is Müller. So I do not know if his way of shooting penalties is something you do with a Buffon as a goalkeeper. He does not choose a corner but waits and looks them out. Looks funny and is maybe the way a Müller must make things like that - but until now it works. Manu did not exercise with him as he said he would have to laugh in the middle of it - so he is always taking extra shifts with the reserve keeper...

he used to be, but now it's vidal. Buffon's achilles heel is penals. the only thing that would be going our way in that situation is the psychological fallout of bayern losing the final on penalties

Maldeika

Apr 4, 2013
he used to be, but now it's vidal. Buffon's achilles heel is penals. the only thing that would be going our way in that situation is the psychological fallout of bayern losing the final on penalties
It would be other takers especially as after 120 minutes players like Shaqiri, Gomez or Pizarro would certainly have been subbed in. But I doubt that Bayern would not shoot one goal in 90 minutes.

Jul 20, 2012
really? as far as i remember Vidal has only missed 1 penalty other than that he tends to go for height and power
he missed one against Parma and one against Cagliari

I think either Gio or Vucinic should take the penalties

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon

Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini

Caceres - Pogba - Pirlo - Marchisio - Asamoah - Peluso

Vucinic
It looks good but Peluso got destroyed and that formation leaves Vucinic too isolated

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Would be a better formation with a player that can link up with the striker (especially with Vuc's work rate) and press the other team. If one of Pogba or Marchisio don't push forward I could see Juventus getting hemmed in at home and Bayern are unlikely to sit back.

It would make for a better match.

- - - Updated - - -

he said play not hide
Aye.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)