[Champions League] BATE Borisov - Juventus (30 September, 2008) (1 Viewer)

Mar 3, 2008
correct me if I'm wrong, but 10 points guarantee qualification, don't they?
if BATE lose all games and we lose against Zenit in Russia then we can end up with 10 points from a tie with madrid and 2 wins over BATE, Madrid with 11 if they win BATE twice and tie with Zenit, Zenit with 13 if they win madrid and tie, win Juve and defeat BATE twice....that of course is just a possible Scenario where we can get 10 points and be disqualified especially that we have a weak team in the group that will probably lose all games

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
correct me if I'm wrong, but 10 points guarantee qualification, don't they?
They don't.

Zenit-Bate 2:0-2:0
Zenit-Real 2:0-0:2
Zenit-Juve 1:0-0:1

Zenit= 12pts

Real-Bate 2:0-2:0
Real-Juve 2:0-1:1
Real-Zenit 2:0-0:2

Real = 13pts

Juve-Zenit 1:0-0:1
Juve-Real 1:1-0:2
Juve-Bate 2:0-2:0

Juve= 10pts

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
true true...so 13 points = win all home games, an away win and a draw...wow, thats tough
For us it will be perfect if Real beats Zenit twice. That way we may lose our chances for the 1st place, but we're going to be second most probably.
If Zenit beats Real tomorrow then it's going to be very tough for us. Then we'll find ourselves in a situation where we must not lose away to Zenit and hope that Real will beat Zenit in the last round.

The problem is that Real-Zenit is the last round match and if Real already secure the first place by then, they may play with B squad and lose the match.

Mar 30, 2006
I think we have a better chance of beating madrid in one of our 2 games with them then beating zenit at home. they are very tough at home and were the better team when we played them for alot of if not most of the game.

we just have to be sure to beat BATE in both games or we suck... but we should trounce them. I just hope Zenit don't beat Madird. draws would be nice

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
According to Sky Sport 24 :

Manninger , Grygera , Legrottaglie , Chiellini , De Ceglie , Camoranesi , Sissoko , Marchisio , Nedved , Del Piero , Iaquinta .

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
yea apparently Amauri has a sore throat :(...lets hope Vinnie brings his A-game :xfinger:
are you kidding me?! we pay the mofo obscene amounts of cash and he sits out because of the one part of his body that he doesn't have to use is sore?

ajoz

Sep 22, 2008
No its the other way round. We are going to be slaughtered by Bate 3-0. We are not scoring and we are playing no football at all. We are a Serie C team. No motivationa and very bad approach by Ranieri for the games.
:lol: make me remember this statement.. "Not A Must Win Game"..

Djabrail

May 23, 2008
We will NOT win this game. We are not capable of scoring more than 1 goal i a match and when we concede one we are not capable of scoring another one. We are happy of scoring just 1 goal. Besides we didnt play even 1 game an attacking game, eager to score 3 goals in a game, as we did last year. We are the most mediocre team in Serie A. We have to admit it and we have to forget that we will qualify from the CL. We dont have any quality players in the defence and in the midfield. Last year we finished 3rd because our stalwarts palyers were in very good form. These year Camoranesi, Nedved, Del Piero, Chierllini are out of form.

Unbelievable, such a bull, we didnt play at. football? Catania, Udine? We will not qualify? Who will then? Zenit?????? We are medicore? We will never be medicore, even if all we left will be primavera players, We have something important,MENTALITY-JUVE MENTALITY.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
are you kidding me?! we pay the mofo obscene amounts of cash and he sits out because of the one part of his body that he doesn't have to use is sore?
Come on Dru, the guy played our every game bar Zenit one. He probably needs a rest anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)