Champions League 2021-22 (16 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Talent and footbal knowledge

- - - Updated - - -

Modric....one of the greatest midfielders to ever kick a ball and together with Cr7 the main reason for what Real Madrid achieved these last 10 years....
For me Modric is the greatest overall midfielder in the past 15 years and, yes both him and the great CR7 were the main men at RM. But the secret to RM success is possessing quality all over the pitch. Players like Marcelo, Sergio Ramos, Benzema among others with less media attention (like Carvajal and Casemiro) were one of the world's best at their positions.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The point is, we dont give equal opportunity like some other clubs. How many teen duds have gone through Barcelona or Bayern last 15 years? Eventually you make a home run and the pay off can be great. Because, does it really make a difference to keep a De Sciglio, or a Rugani, or a Ramsey, or a Berna instead of just calling up someone from the U23 when necessary? There is no benefit with the former, but the potential benefit from the later can be big. Or it can be a total miss, bht you wont know before you try i think
It starts more upstream than that from investment in U23 recruiting to training grounds, youth coaches and equipment long before they hit our bench.

You need to have the proper investment and infrastructure to have young talent in the U23 who are strong enough to come through the ranks and convince the first team coach that they can help him win now or wouldn't be a liability. I am not denying that some coaches will be more risk taking or will play to a more rigid system where players can slot right in with clear instructions to a tee, I am just saying that a huge factor is the club's own structure and investment strategy. We have cycled through very different coaches over the years but the role of youngsters coming through the academy has almost always remained limited. Koman and Pogba were young but acquisitions.

We use the money we have to buy mostly established players for the first team, and others who are not Juve quality to send on loan and eventually sell for profit. Thats not an Allegri or Conte/Sarri/Pirlo thing.

- - - Updated - - -

That makes me remember, do you recall the thread where we made predictions about how players would develop :D
Haha its in my signature (I am lazy never changed it). I was pessimistic and @Post Ironic was surprisingly the most pessimistic. I cant remember who these players even were now, I think Rugani was one of them and maybe Zaza? I think Sturururu possibly who I was a huge fan of.

Man this fanbase has suffered :lol:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Haha its in my signature (I am lazy never changed it). I was pessimistic and @Post Ironic was surprisingly the most pessimistic. I cant remember who these players even were now, I think Rugani was one of them and maybe Zaza? I think Sturururu possibly who I was a huge fan of.

Man this fanbase has suffered :lol:
I was a Stururu fan too, and I hated shit and careless Lemina

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)