Status
Not open for further replies.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
And yet here they are in the KO rounds. They’ve done just about good enough. Plus it’s a tiny sample size of 3 away games, not enough for a pattern.

If Bayern had a 1-1 at Anfield they’d be in a great position.

But being vulnerable to an away goal against a team perfectly set up to play counter attacks at pace puts this fixture on a knife-edge, IMHO.

I’m a little surprised Bayern didn’t push harder in the 1st leg. A 2-1 defeat might even have been preferable.
But not in a convincing way, I know their group was hard but still. Maybe not a pattern, but I think it's fair to say Liverpool away seems to suffer a lot more than at home in Anfield.

About you being surprised we didn't push harder: You have to understand where we come from this season. We've been letting goals in left and right, it was all about getting from Anfield with a decent result. Us going up and attacking them wouldn't neccesarily have meant we got away goal we needed. I'm definitely satisfied with the 0-0 draw, all we have to concentrate on now is winning, we don't have to concentrate on away goals as long as we get the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)