Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
True, but Liverpool home and away are two totally different teams in the CL. Especially their away record this season has been abysmal.

Lets see what happens.
And yet here they are in the KO rounds. They’ve done just about good enough. Plus it’s a tiny sample size of 3 away games, not enough for a pattern.

If Bayern had a 1-1 at Anfield they’d be in a great position.

But being vulnerable to an away goal against a team perfectly set up to play counter attacks at pace puts this fixture on a knife-edge, IMHO.

I’m a little surprised Bayern didn’t push harder in the 1st leg. A 2-1 defeat might even have been preferable.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
A 1:2 would have been better for Bayern than a 0:0? How so?
Purely for the dynamic of the game.

1-0 puts Bayern through in either case, but I think Liverpool would perhaps start off in 3rd gear if they went to Germany with a lead; and it’s difficult to step it up into fourth gear against a team like Bayern.

Liverpool are better when their backs are up to the wall, and the objective is simple. Now it’s go to Allianz and score, at 2-1 up it’s more complicated.

Apr 17, 2013
switched back and forth between the two games and fell asleep a couple of times, so expect some well founded experd opinion:
- fabinho :tuttosport:
- thiago :tuttosport:
- ndombélé :tuttosport:

if we had any of these players alongside pjanic and matuidi...
The organization of the team was quite chaotic, failed to connect the Aouar-Ndombele midfield with the forwards (thanks Depay's bigmouth), and left big gaps behind midfield when losing the ball. Playing two middle against 3 Barcelona 's players wasn't clearly a bad idea.

For Ndombele he had some losses of dangerous balls , and has not been enough to press up the barcelona's midfield at the beginning of the game. But later he has been able to bring his percussion capacity, making disappear Rakitic and Sergi Roberto of the radars, and was rather precise in his transmissions of ball (87% of success in his passes). In the second half in the image of the team physically and technically it was hard , the team team could not make two passes in a row.. Replaced by Pope Cheikh Diop (84th)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yes, it would be a little embarrassing but in the long run no one will care that Gigi won CL somewhere else if we also win it soon.
A little embarrassing? It would be shameful for us as a club. I can’t believe there is actually people here who want him to win the CL with that reprehensible team, especially a year after leaving us for them.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
LOL Bentaleb. Spurs Academy Grad finally comes good. Maybe we should bring him back once he's disposed of City.

Bentaleb.jpg

Kane: "Look Nabil. I'm one of their own. Not you. You know how the song goes. I take the penalties. They can't be having two of their own, can they? Off you go to Schalke. See if you can do us all a favour against Man City."

Last edited:

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
LOL Bentaleb. Spurs Academy Grad finally comes good. Maybe we should bring him back once he's disposed of City.

Bentaleb.jpg

Kane: "Look Nabil. I'm one of their own. Not you. They can't be having two of their own, can they? Off you go to Schalke, see if you can do us all a favour against Man City."
14th Bundesliga team shiting all over EPL holders. Levels:grin:

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Fair do's. Third English team recently shat on Bundesliga's #1. :p
Fair enough. Anyway, there were some guys that said promoted EPL side Wolves would beat Dortmund after their game at Wembley. Just wanna prove that anything can happen in football.

Still doesn't change anything, Schalke will concede 7 at Etihad.

dbochev

Aug 27, 2010
Just saw the goals. First one should be disallowed as a clear faul against a Schalke player and both penalties were obvious, yet need to be confirmed by VAR. I don’t know if that’s the future of football, but it clearly needs a lot of work to be developed into something really functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)