Champions League 2017/2018 (8 Viewers)

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
The best thing about Liverpool is that they are ruthless. When we are 2-0 up or 3-0 we sit back, and allow the pressure. Liverpool on the other hand continue to take advantage of the momentum.
LOL 2-0 or 3-0??? Really? Funniest thing I've heard this week :lol:

The sad truth is that we start sitting back from the start, and then we park the bus when 1-0 up (against Real we also played very defensive), recent memories: Napoli, Crotone, Benevento...

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
I found that internet contributed a lot to hating teams because you get connected to their fanbases and most of the time you hate teams because you hate a fanbase. In the 2000s, before my family emigrated to Germany, we didn't have internet in croatia and only black and white TV so I was much more relaxed and enjoyed KO games as they came. I miss those times and I believe this is how normies watch football these days. I am just bitter and angry 99% of the time
:lol:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I didn't see the match. Was the penalty dodgy or just straight forward?
Unlucky for Liverpool, but probably a penalty. Liverpool's third goal was offside, but the defending was so horrendous Roma kind of deserved it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
2 CL finals with very limited super young squads beating the likes of Madrid with BVB and Pep's City with Pool and winning the Bundesliga against all odds with BVB. Doing all of that while playing some of the most attractive football in the world, bulldozing equal and weaker squads along the way in the CL and people here are claiming he is an inept coach.

He is getting results and plays with style and never had an infinite budget. Once again showing that you can be on a tight budget and a limited squad, and yet get results without playing snoozefest football.

- - - Updated - - -

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Klopp. Easily the dumbest manager alive.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
I think he is extremely underrated on these forums, the things I read about the guy, its not as if he took Pool from being regularly out of the top four into a regular top four team in the EPL, while maintaining a low net spend. Is he also not the guy that took Dortmund to two league titles against a star studded Bayern side, one of those titles with the mighty Heynckes as Bayern manager. In addition he took Dortmund to a CL final, and now he's taking Pool to a CL final, two teams that certainly never expected him to take them there when they hired him. I really don't know what the guy has to do to prove that he is a top manager, because from what I can see he is getting results well above expectations with the teams he manages.

I found that internet contributed a lot to hating teams because you get connected to their fanbases and most of the time you hate teams because you hate a fanbase. In the 2000s, before my family emigrated to Germany, we didn't have internet in croatia and only black and white TV so I was much more relaxed and enjoyed KO games as they came. I miss those times and I believe this is how normies watch football these days. I am just bitter and angry 99% of the time
that explains so much :p

- - - Updated - - -

2 CL finals with very limited super young squads beating the likes of Madrid with BVB and Pep's City with Pool and winning the Bundesliga against all odds with BVB. Doing all of that while playing some of the most attractive football in the world, bulldozing equal and weaker squads along the way in the CL and people here are claiming he is an inept coach.

He is getting results and plays with style and never had an infinite budget. Once again showing that you can be on a tight budget and a limited squad, and yet get results without playing snoozefest football.

- - - Updated - - -
When it comes to attractiveness of playing style, those are up to taste IMO. Some people like the slow build up possession football style that Peps teams play, others find it boring and slow. Some consider Klopps style to be exciting and entertaining, others find it to be more like ping pong football. The point is, playing style is subjective. Results and budgets however, those are facts that you cannot change.

Lets also not underestimate the difficulty of reaching two CL finals, most world class managers haven't been able to reach more finals than that. Out of all currently active managers, the only ones who have reached more than 2 CL finals that I can think of are Ancelotti and Heynckes. Am I missing anyone? That shows how difficult what Klopp has done is IMO.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I think he is extremely underrated on these forums, the things I read about the guy, its not as if he took Pool from being regularly out of the top four into a regular top four team in the EPL, while maintaining a low net spend. Is he also not the guy that took Dortmund to two league titles against a star studded Bayern side, one of those titles with the mighty Heynckes as Bayern manager. In addition he took Dortmund to a CL final, and now he's taking Pool to a CL final, two teams that certainly never expected him to take them there when they hired him. I really don't know what the guy has to do to prove that he is a top manager, because from what I can see he is getting results well above expectations with the teams he manages.
He is a really good coach. People calling him anything else live in denial.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Win trophies obviously.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I agree, general tuz opinion of him being a one trick pony makes you wonder how incompetent are the other guys

- - - Updated - - -

Win trophies obviously.
But he has, he won Bundesliga with Dortmund twice and German Cup once.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Win trophies obviously.
He won two Bundesliga titles against star studded Bayern team who had much better resources than he did, and had coaches like Van Gaal and Heynckes on top of it. That is a massive over achievement.

In addition, I don't think you can legitimately expect him to win the PL or CL with Pool, come on.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, general tuz opinion of him being a one trick pony makes you wonder how incompetent are the other guys

- - - Updated - - -

But he has, he won Bundesliga with Dortmund twice and German Cup once.
There may be some truth to that, he does seem to always play the same way and might not be as tactically flexible as an Ancelotti, Allegri or Mourinho. But then again, what I don't agree with is tactical flexibility being an end in and of itself, I think managers have different strengths and weaknesses and different playing styles, but the end is always the results.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
UEFA Champions League @CHAMPionsLeague
Record! James Milner becomes the 1st player in #UCL history to record 9 assists in a single campaign.

:baus:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He won two Bundesliga titles against star studded Bayern team who had much better resources than he did, and had coaches like Van Gaal and Heynckes on top of it. That is a massive over achievement.

In addition, I don't think you can legitimately expect him to win the PL or CL with Pool, come on.

Unfortunately Bundesliga is just Bundesliga. It's not La Liga, it's not the Premier League, it's not even Serie A. You basically have one opponent, who are going to lose a title once every 5 or 6 years. It's an achievement, definitely, but it doesn't quite rank him among the greatest managers alive.

If you compare him with Allegri for example, the latter has had a far more impressive career.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
There may be some truth to that, he does seem to always play the same way and might not be as tactically flexible as an Ancelotti, Allegri or Mourinho. But then again, what I don't agree with is tactical flexibility being an end in and of itself, I think managers have different strengths and weaknesses and different playing styles, but the end is always the results.
if he was a one trick pony and never changed anything, majority of coaches should be able to win against him, no? I mean you know what he is going to do weeks before you meet him, Pool often fields very questionable players that are obvious weak spots, shouldn't the other guys be able to exploit it? obviously Klopp knows a bit more about football than his haters would like to admit

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately Bundesliga is just Bundesliga. It's not La Liga, it's not the Premier League, it's not even Serie A. You basically have one opponent, who are going to lose a title once every 5 or 6 years. It's an achievement, definitely, but it doesn't quite rank him among the greatest managers alive.

If you compare him with Allegri for example, the latter has had a far more impressive career.
How come, on what parameters Serie A > Bundesliga? Because if its not, winning 2 times as a big underdog shouldn't be seen inferior to winning 4 times as a big favorite, no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)