Champions League 2017/2018 (27 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
calma, just answer a simple question: was it a penalty on cuadrado?
I think it was but i dont care now. Our first leg performance was appalling and thats where we lost it.

And listen, i'm defending Madrid here because we've been in this exact same position before constantly accused of getting ref help like Madrid supposedly does. Atleast i'm being consistent here.

What happened has happened and we need to move on rather than glossing over incidents which could've gone either way. We support a big team and atleast in my view, i am not going spend my time analyzing ref errors. Leave it to those who has all the time and energy for that.

Btw, dint mean to come hard at you but thinking i'm some sort of Madrid cocksucker just because i dont agree with your view is bad imo.

I'm still disgusted that they won it. I despise Real Madrid fans.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I think it was but i dont care now.
so your argument about "We're just merely talking about a scenario if Juve would be given the penalty for a foul on Madrid player and thats pure conjecture and hypothetical." was wrong, thank you.

Our first leg performance was appalling and thats where we lost it.
agreed, we played like pussies after 0-2, and we fell apart.

still, real got the little push they needed - and that's what allegri also mentioned in his post-match interview. these little incidents can decide a 2x90 minutes tie, and real is usually on the right end of the cock in those cases. i'm not saying there's a system that helps them (otherwise kassai would have gotten some important matches after screwing last year's semi return leg, which he hasn't), i'm just saying they were extremely lucky against us and bayern, too. and i'm not a bayern (or pool) fan by any means, if you're looking for some bias there - if it was up to me, either of these teams could disappear today, i wouldn't miss them too much.

also, it's not about double standards. i have a real supporter friend, and even him admitted that kassai got it all wrong last season, and that marcelo handball and the foul on cuads were both clear penalties this season. i didn't talk to him after the final, but i'm sure he'll acknowledge that ramos went over the line against both karius and salah. fact is that these happened in 2 consecutive seasons and it might make them look a bit worse than what they are.

i am not going spend my time analyzing ref errors
some others will, you might wanna try to live with it. it has always been part of the football talk. and i'm convinced that this season's refereeing in italy was a level over cl refs, partly due to var, and partly due to the fact that serie a is a hell lot slower than cl, so incidents are probably easier to judge.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Anyhoos, the good thing is I really I can’t see them winning the CL next year. I really think they’ll be a new winner, and it’ll be one of Bayern/City/Juve/PSG IMO.
We got next year. Ban me for 6 months if we don't win CL 18/19 @Mark @GordoDeCentral @Salvo @swag @Enron @icemaη

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10,287
    Ofcourse its double standards. Doesnt matter what transpires over 38 games. In perhaps the most crucial game of the title race(Vs Inter) we got a favourable decision. But to say we won the league because of that one moment is ridiculous. We won because we were the best throughout the season.
    :howler: Okay.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    Madrid won because they were the best. They beat the French champs, Italian champs, and German champs en route to the final, where they dispatched of a pesky and resilient Liverpool team. Beating moneybags, and traditionally elite teams to win the title warrants respect.

- - - Updated - - -

She looks like a platypus :p
    Not saying they don't, but I would not be "ecstatic" because one of our players purposely injured one of theirs. It's obviously wrong and not within the spirit of the game in the first place, but it also gives someone the opportunity to say "but...".

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    Lichtsteiner, Chiellini, the great Montero etc

Every team has those. Either you are not paying attention or you're just being plain biased.
    I do not recall Lichtsteiner or Chiellini ever purposely going out to injure another player, perhaps I am wrong. I'm all for physicality, but there is a line. I cannot comment on Montero.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    It's actually quite disgusting seeing Juventus fans undermining Madrid's accomplishments. It epitomizes the small team mentality, jealous haters who refuse to acknowledge that Madrid are the Alpha dogs in Europe and have been a dominant force for some time now. Instead of trying to find fault, we should be looking to emulate them, instead of choking consistently, in finals, so we can finally overcome that final hurdle.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
    I do not recall Lichtsteiner or Chiellini ever purposely going out to injure another player, perhaps I am wrong. I'm all for physicality, but there is a line. I cannot comment on Montero.
    You don't know nor do you know if Ramos purposely went out to injure Salah. All speculation. Often based on people's opinion on Ramos in advance.

What we do know is that we often play with a physicality that many cry about (Spurs this season).

- - - Updated - - -

Are people still not over this?
    Attempted murder should be taken seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

So laughable. This is a duel between two players. Look at Salah's own arm. A duel Ramos is about to lose, so he commits a professional foul. Out to injure him :lol: He falls awkwardly on his left shoulder. So many of you have never played a physical sport is my bet.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    So laughable. This is a duel between two players. Look at Salah's own arm. A duel Ramos is about to lose, so he commits a professional foul. Out to injure him :lol: He falls awkwardly on his right shoulder. So many of you have never played a physical sport is my bet.

It's very unlucky. But if you look at the footage it's quite a dirty foul of Ramos. Almost all players would just let go at that point, Ramos did the opposite. Also, it's Ramos. He has injured so many players in the past. He's an enormous cunt on the pitch on so many levels. I'm not going to accuse him of deliberately injurying Salah, but I'm not going to defend him the way you do either. You're being incredibly naive here.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
    It's very unlucky. But if you look at the footage it's quite a dirty foul of Ramos. Almost all players would just let go at that point, Ramos did the opposite. Also, it's Ramos. He has injured so many players in the past. He's an enormous cunt on the pitch on so many levels. I'm not going to accuse him of deliberately injurying Salah, but I'm not going to defend him the way you do either. You're being incredibly naive here.
    Sure..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)