Champions League 2016/2017 (51 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I cant remember Ronaldo being injured..
As for the final - If we do our job and the ref wont be the same of Bayern Real I expect Real to get a red - Casemiro will definitely do something dangerous..
I just hope that the team that will meet Real will be: Alves from the past 4 games, Higuain from the 1st game against Monaco and Dybala from the 1st game against Barcelona - If they play like this we will surely win it..

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I doubt that. When ever Real are around they'll always take the favourites tag. I'm happy with that. Being the underdog brings the best out of us. However, this is a one off game. And we all know what happens.
My little gripe last night was how we didn't finish those 1v1s.
True we not favourites, but at the same time there is little difference between us both. If we win, it won't be a David and Goliath type of story. It's a tasty encounter for the neutral, real edges it because of their name/history and the fact they got the world's best player on that side.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Congratulations for reaching the final, fully deserved. When some of you asked me a year ago if Juventus could go all the way, it was quite clear that it was possible, so far I was right in my prediction :D

Good luck in the final :tup:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I doubt that. When ever Real are around they'll always take the favourites tag. I'm happy with that. Being the underdog brings the best out of us. However, this is a one off game. And we all know what happens.
My little gripe last night was how we didn't finish those 1v1s.
I definitely don't think people see us as favorites. More like they want us to win because Real Madrid is Real Madrid. It's nice to get the recognition tho.
Don't. We're not the underdogs. Recognize who we are ffs. We're not Leverkusen. We're not Monaco. We're not Valencia. We are Juventus.

Stop hiding.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Who's heading to Cardiff and who's heading to Turin? I'm leaning towards Turin and I really hope (but doubt) they'll set up a big screen somewhere in the city. That would be so dope.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Don't. We're not the underdogs. Recognize who we are ffs. We're not Leverkusen. We're not Monaco. We're not Valencia. We are Juventus.

Stop hiding.
Spare me the pep talk. I damn well know our own abilities and if you want my honest opinion YES we are the best fucking team in Europe!! AND have been all fucking season. I personally am not saying nor believe that we're the underdogs but I'm happy letting people think that from the media PoV as it always brings the best out of us. That was the point I was trying to get across.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Spare me the pep talk. I damn well know our own abilities and if you want my honest opinion YES we are the best fucking team in Europe!! AND have been all fucking season. I personally am not saying nor believe that we're the underdogs but I'm happy letting people think that from the media PoV as it always brings the best out of us. That was the point I was trying to get across.
I understand. In Belgium most pundits are pointing to us as favorites though. Maybe if Real beat Atletico convincingly tonight that changes.

Honestly don't know if it's best to go in as favorites or as underdogs either. I just think our team looks unbeatable. Only slight weakness is the lack of pure speed from Bonucci and Chiellini and if Pjanic and Marchisio start we probably won't win a lot of battles in the air in midfield.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The longest runs without conceding in Champions League history

Jens Lehmann Arsenal (2005-06) 853 minutes

Keylor Navas Real Madrid (2014-16) 737 mins
Edwin van der Sar Ajax (1995-96) 653 mins
Dida AC Milan (2004-05) 623 mins
Gianluigi Buffon Juventus (2016-17) 600 mins

:D Fucking Lemon

- - - Updated - - -

Was reading BBC and this was the top comment. Not that it means a lot coming from bbc readers but people are sitting up and taking notice of this italian team once and for all. Onwards and Upwards.
Yeah, lets not forget that the CL system was also different, after group stage there was another group stage, so basically there were more matches.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)