CF v SS (8 Viewers)

If Juve are to sign another forward, should it be a CF or SS?

• CF (Higuain, Ibrahimovic, etc.)

• SS (Jovetic, Sanchez, etc.)

• Don't care - just sign a great forward

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
If money was'nt an option, then Suarez. Guy has it all in his locker, and is insanely competitive. The kind of player you build your side around.

I would be very happy with Higuain as well, as I have admired the player since his breakthrough season. He'd cost half of what Suarez would, which gives us a bit more freedom to pursue other targets in LB/LWB and CB.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
We need an upgrade on Lichtsteiner if we stick to the 3-5-2, either we give one more chance to Isla or we sign someone else.

I love Stephan but while he's an excellent RB, he is very average as a RWB due to his poor crossing and inability to beat his man.
We need to replace Asamoah before we even think about Licht. Asamoah is our weakest position after our attack, attacking wise.

Asamoah and Lichtsteiner are perfect. No need to replace these two.
Not for the 3-5-2.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Ibrahimovic and Higuain, are both actually.

We should try to get a "forward" that is very clinical, and doesnt rely on crosses.

Llorente-Higuain would work, since Higuain is VERY good with his off the ball movement.

If this rumors are true (they seemb impossible but hey), we want Higuain and Jovetic. Add vucinic and Llorente ... NOW THAT, are frontline options..

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
What do you know?

Higuain isn't exactly a pure CF. I could easily see him playing next to or behind Llorrente.
That guy had 4 years worth of film and came up with nothing impressive in terms of passing or skills.

Again, when I say limited, I don't mean that he is Iaquinta ffs. He is adequate but a little underwhelming if you are playing somewhere other than CF. The skills are good for a CF but not good enough to play winger or SS.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
How many times have we complained our forwards "were making the opposing keeper look good ?

Well, if Higuain shoots between the posts, its more then 50% chance its a goal

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
That guy had 4 years worth of film and came up with nothing impressive in terms of passing or skills.

Again, when I say limited, I don't mean that he is Iaquinta ffs. He is adequate but a little underwhelming if you are playing somewhere other than CF. The skills are good for a CF but not good enough to play winger or SS.
Here you got plenty of skills, passing and even tracking back and making tackles.

[video=dailymotion;xph9fb]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xph9fb_gonzalo-higuain-ultimate-skills-hd_sport[/video]

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Higuain is Argentinean, he's got skills for the sake of it

- - - Updated - - -

Here you got plenty of skills, passing and even tracking back and making tackles.

[video=dailymotion;xph9fb]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xph9fb_gonzalo-higuain-ultimate-skills-hd_sport[/video]
:tuttosport:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We have like 7 SSs, most of our forwards are SSs and can offer enough support up there,
what we completely lack is a player who can score with great consistency.
Llorente is not world class, neither to young, or after a great season.
If he flops, we have noone to replace him with, as the past two seasons proved.
In the past decade, we have been buying a new forward each and every year, most of them have decent SS characteristics, what we cant find though, is a forward with great finisher characteristics, it would be extremely unwise to spend our cash, before we see our major issue resolved...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)