CF v SS (6 Viewers)

If Juve are to sign another forward, should it be a CF or SS?

• CF (Higuain, Ibrahimovic, etc.)

• SS (Jovetic, Sanchez, etc.)

• Don't care - just sign a great forward

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Red

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #24
    RW/RWB.

He can work on his defending to play at RWB :D
    I wouldn't play him as a RWB against a strong team.

He could play there against lesser sides and would be a good option if Conte wanted to adjust to a four-man defence when playing against good teams who play with wingers.

Anyway, I don't think he's attainable this summer.

Go back to pinning your hopes on Isla rediscovering his previous form.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Someone who can score.. Llorente holding the ball will make a huge difference to our midfielders backing the attack. Getting that extra second to join offensive moves. A good goalscorer or a more creative player to aid llorente; a case could be made for both. Looking at what we have now, which is a lot of second strikers, i'd be inclined to go for the goalscorer.

Jul 20, 2012
    Anyway, I'd be going for a SS over a CF, if there is a choice.

I don't doubt that Juve could win again in Serie A by signing someone like Higuain and playing him with Llorente, but I don't see that pairing helping Juve make enough of a move forward to stand a good chance of doing well in the CL.

To make that step up I think they need to get a SS with good mobility, so that the option is there for Juve to play more of a counter-attacking game. Juve may be able to keep the ball pretty well with a Higuain-Llorente pairing, but I can't imagine them managing to move up the pitch quickly enough with those two to really scare top teams on the break. That's not to say Higuain is slow, but he doesn't have the sort of explosive pace of someone like Sanchez.

In Serie A it would also be hugely useful for Juve to have someone in their team who could beat their opponent in a one-on-one situation with some regularity. That's only likely to be added to Juve's repetoire if the go for a SS rather than a CF.
    Since when were Juve fast on build play or basically anything. They are so slow in build play and i doubt one player will change the pace of the whole team

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
    RW/RWB.

He can work on his defending to play at RWB :D
    I'd much much much much rather buy a LWB that can play LW than a RWB that can play RW.

Just 'cause with the same XI we could play 3-5-2 and 4-3-3

Buffon
    Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini
    Lichtsteiner-Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio-NEWLWB
    NEWSS-Llorente

Buffon
    Lichtsteiner-Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini
    Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio
    NEWSS-Llorente-LW/LWB​

Jul 1, 2010
    We need an upgrade on Lichtsteiner if we stick to the 3-5-2, either we give one more chance to Isla or we sign someone else.

I love Stephan but while he's an excellent RB, he is very average as a RWB due to his poor crossing and inability to beat his man.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
    Totally. But then how would we accommodate the defense? Either we get a great RWB that can also do fairly well on RB and a LWB that can play LW. Cuadrado couldn't play RB and Asamoah couldn't play LW nor RB. That's the only reason why I'm saying this, 'cause with the same mans we could play two different formations, which would be great.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
    Since when were Juve fast on build play or basically anything. They are so slow in build play and i doubt one player will change the pace of the whole team
    juve was fast in the first 6 months conte here, but that's another problem

for the poll, it's actually harder to answer than it might seem, today the line between SS and skillful CF is so blurry, guys like messi and van persie can move and do tricks like classic legendary SS but somehow it's still feel weird to classify them as SS.

you can't really tell whether ibra is an ss or cf too.

Jul 1, 2010
    Totally. But then how would we accommodate the defense? Either we get a great RWB that can also do fairly well on RB and a LWB that can play LW. Cuadrado couldn't play RB and Asamoah couldn't play LW nor RB. That's the only reason why I'm saying this, 'cause with the same mans we could play two different formations, which would be great.
    My perfect wingback pair would be Isla in his Udinese form and Coentrão. However, I'm losing faith in Isla being giving a chance and regaining his former level since he's not even getting playing time nowadays, hopefully Conte plans to trust him this summer. Coentrão would be my favourite choice for LWB but I very much doubt we can land him.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
    My perfect wingback pair would be Isla in his Udinese form and Coentrão. However, I'm losing faith in Isla being giving a chance and regaining his former level since he's not even getting playing time nowadays, hopefully Conte plans to trust him this summer. Coentrão would be my favourite choice for LWB but I very much doubt we can land him.
    I'd maybe choose Kolarov before Coentrão, but yeah. Those two would be amazing too :)

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012
    Really, I would take Ibra over anyone, especially considering he can play a sort of ss role very well. I'm also worried Llorente wont be the player people are making him out to be.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    I think what need is someone who can create chances and hold the ball up, Ibra is perfect for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Asamoah and Lichtsteiner are perfect. No need to replace these two.
    Asamoah.. nah. He should be moved to CM and we need another LB/LWB with Peluso as backup. Kolarov or Coentrao pls.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
    my order of preferences for ss/cf should be :

1. suarez
    2. jovetic
    3. ibra
    4. higuain
    5. sanchez

wingers :

1. di maria
    2. jakub kuba
    3. nani
    4. robben

ibra/robben not ranked higher due to age and wage, also injury prone for robben

failure to sign at least one of them or other player not on that list but on similar class should mean the termination of marotta's contract if this club actually have ambition to become better

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
    Jun 2, 2007
    An SS is more needed at this time,especially if that SS is like Suarez, whom I think can drift wide a bit to make 4-3-3 work if we are gonna have that as plan B, I think 3-5-2 would still be our main and i think its a good thing.

Suarez-Llorente (Keep Quag and Mirko) sell Matri (I love him, but i dont think he is gonna get chances next season) Gio doesnt look like he is gonna be playing much either, especially in 3-5-2 with the upcoming players.

I know how much Suarez is gonna cost, but I just cant stop thinking how perfect he would be in our team with the players we have and formation we play, plus Conte would get him straighten I believe.

The other player to look out for would be a young forward, no matter CF/SS - Gabbiadini or Berardi (Suarez,Llorente,Mirko,Quag,Berardi)

I highly doubt that Ibra is gonna come back, and Higuain, well i like him, but we have Llorente already.

So, SS over CF!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)