Captain Keane leaves United (1 Viewer)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I really dislike Keane. One of my most hateful players.
But just to annoy those red devil-fans and Nicole :) He can join for a season or so :D

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
Getting him would be great if his wage demand is not too high. He perhaps won`t be a first team player but he will be helpful for one or two seasons.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
it would be great if we get keane even for one season imagine we have so many wanna be captains in our team :)
del piero viera cannavaro keane ...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I always wanted Keane to come to the team ever since Deschamps retired. Lately I stopped wanting him, but a 34 year old with his calibre is definitely better than Giannichedda, alas he's CL cup-tied.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Imagine this: 4-3-2-1

-------------------Buffon
Zambrotta-----Thuram------Canavarro-----Chielini
-------Emerson-------Keane---------Viera
--------Camoranesi(Mutu)-------Del piero(Nedved)
----------------Trez (Ibogol)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Maresca said:

Too much defensive.

trezgool

Dec 20, 2004
Maresca said:

lol, that sucks. You put Nedved and Ibra as subs while you put an old Keane in the starting 11. :shocked:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
trezgool said:
lol, that sucks. You put Nedved and Ibra as subs while you put an old Keane in the starting 11. :shocked:
I did not say that I want this formation. But I think with such defensive midfield (if all are in form) no other midfield would have a chance to controll us in midfield. but actionly we thought the same as we bought viera.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
not saying keane would improve the juve first choice midfield of camo vieira emerson nedved

but he would be an ideal replacement for either emerson or vieira in case of injury suspension or during a hectic fixture pile up far superior to blasi or giannichedda.

although he cant play in Cl he would be a welcome addition allowing juve not to suffer without il puma or big pat.

see moggi is sort of denying the keane rumour but i hope thats just classic moggi i would love him to sign

Shixian

Sep 4, 2005
Nawaf said:
Umm... aren't you all forgetting that Vieira isn't exactly a fan of him? :undecide:
Source: Skysports

Vieira reveals United views

Patrick Vieira believes no-one will be able to catch Chelsea in the Premiership title race, whilst also revealing what he really thinks of several Manchester United players.

Former Arsenal skipper Vieira moved to Juventus in the summer but he is still keen for his former team-mates to wrestle the title from Chelsea's grasp.

However, he cannot see either The Gunners of Manchester United catching Jose Mourinho's mega-rich Chelsea side.

"On paper, the team is fantastic," Vieira said of Arsenal. "They have some of the best young talent in the UK.

"They have the best forwards and of course it's difficult to understand how come they aren't doing too well, maybe it's because Chelsea are doing too good.

"It is still the really early stages of the competition but I don't think either of them will catch Chelsea. Ten points is a lot but hopefully Arsenal can come back."

Vieira says that he was wanted by Sir Alex Ferguson but opted to stay at Highbury, and revealed he is still smarting from the infamous meeting between the two at Old Trafford where he was sent off after clash with Ruud van Nistelrooy.

"There was a lot of tension because we were unbeaten for a few games and going there and losing a game, of course we were unhappy.

"We felt we were robbed because it wasn't a penalty or a sending off. I didn't say we behaved the best because of course we were wrong to behave that way but I think everybody has to live with their own critics.

"Big clubs like Manchester always want the big players. I think every player wants to play at big clubs. Manchester was one of them interested but I was happy where I was."

Vieira still has mixed feelings about members of United's squad, as he is a fan of Roy Keane and Wayne Rooney, but is not a fan of van Nistelrooy after the two clashed at Old Trafford.

"He's a fantastic player doing really well for Man U in his position. As a player I think he's fantastic but the other side of him, that I don't really like.

"That is my own opinion. I have more respect for a player like Roy Keane, because he will face everything and confront you with something to say.

"I will have more respect for this kind of player than the other one.

"I think Rooney is one of the best talents in the country. He has the potential to be one of the best players in the future.

"When you have talent that does not mean that you can make a career. Making a career is the difference between people who have one, two or three years at international level and players who have 10 years at the top level.

"That is the great player Rooney has the potential to be. He could be one of the best England players ever but he will need to learn a lot."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm..i don't think he doesn't like keane.. :eyebrows:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Don Bes said:
both the player and the team agreed
It's hardly ever done through "mutual consent", unlike what the club officials would have you and me believe. What I've heard from fairly reliable sources is that Keano was readying himself for a reserve game when getting back to fitness when he found out that Gary Neville was in the squad but he wasn't. That was when he was called into Ferguson's office and told of the decision.

From that point on I figure there wouldn't have been much for him to do except "consent" to the payoff from the remainder of his contract duration.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Keane would be a great immediate solution or addition to our midfield depth. Like I mentioned before, I havent seen him too often lately but if he's atleast 60-70 percent of what he was then I'd like him to come..

He wouldn't mind bieng a sub to a super midfield whilst getting a great chance of adding a Scudetto to his resume before coaching career begins.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
exactl yvOnAm. most people said the same when vieira was linked, vieira"no way never to juve2 etc etc.

i still hold out hope come on moggi you love free transfers bring the irishman to juve, he will give zlatan a good bollocking from time to time to turn his potential into the finished article and make those flashes of brilliance a more regular thing.

also remember the thread about which juve player loves goal celebrations the most keane would give cannavaro a good run for his money

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
mark77 said:
W could still get him for the Coppa Italia and if Giannichedda gets injured. :p

come on man keane is way better than giannichedda, he would not be a regular but when called upon he would deliver.

when ireland played france recently and lost 1-0 to henry's great strike keane was immense even when faced with both makele and vieira.

he cant play 2 games a week at top notch level anymore, but with the italian league a little slower in tempo he could still mix it with the best esp given that he would have either vieira or emo alonside him. he would be a more than useful addittion

:pint: :pint:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)