Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (82 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I actually don't really rate Zarate that highly.

He's a wonderful dribbler, but he doesn't seem to score or assist enough to be considered a really good player yet.

Jovetic is less spectacular, but seems to be offering more end product this season.

I'm sure someone can come along with some stats and prove me wrong, though.

And, as ever, temperament is the only question about Cassano. His talent has never been doubted.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008

He's a wonderful dribbler, but he doesn't seem to score or assist enough to be considered a really good player yet.

Jovetic is less spectacular, but seems to be offering more end product this season.

I'm sure someone can come along with some stats and prove me wrong, though.

And, as ever, temperament is the only question about Cassano. His talent has never been doubted.
Zarate I agree with. Fantastic to watch but also frustrating as a fan. If he had end product and more team ability their is no doubt he would be up their with the Best in Serie A. Jovetic looks alot more industrial I hardly think he is spectacular. I would easily take the risk on Cassano however I think my buy would be Zarate.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Your description of Zarate seems to fit Lavezzi more, I think Zarate is excellent and he is still young enough to hone his talents and improve his team play. Jovetic is a complicated matter, his double against Liverpool got him more praise and attention than he deserves so far at least. As for Cassano, he is the real deal, immensely talented and he has behaved perfectly this season, in fact better than many players on our team

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I didn't say he isn't good, I just think he is vastly overrated right now because of a double. I wouldn't bet against him to move to a big club
Well I rated him highly before that. I just that think that there are so many young talents out there, but few make it large but i see it in him because he has a wonderful attitude.

May 22, 2007
He is up their with the best now in my opinion. We saw how the press overated Pique last year because he won the Cahmpions League with Barcelona and for me its clear he is not a patch on Chiellini. Winning big trophies does not always equate to you not being world class.
That last part is 100% true even though I don't like the term "world class". But if there's a top bracket of defenders then Piqué definitely earned his place in that after the season you highlighted. Was always a brick wall there, part of an excellent unit (and remember how Barcelona were written off after their defensive injuries before the final, and how it would be a walkover for United).

Red said:
There isn't that much between them.
Agreed. I don't know if people don't rate him because he plays for Barcelona or whatever, but he is far from being as bad as some make out on here.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
That last part is 100% true even though I don't like the term "world class". But if there's a top bracket of defenders then Piqué definitely earned his place in that after the season you highlighted. Was always a brick wall there, part of an excellent unit (and remember how Barcelona were written off after their defensive injuries before the final, and how it would be a walkover for United).

Agreed. I don't know if people don't rate him because he plays for Barcelona or whatever, but he is far from being as bad as some make out on here.
United hardly attacked in the final though. It was all one way traffic the game was won in midfield. It really is not about rating him because he plays for Barcelona, its just he is not on par with Chiellini.

May 22, 2007
United hardly attacked in the final though. It was all one way traffic the game was won in midfield. It really is not about rating him because he plays for Barcelona, its just he is not on par with Chiellini.
Fair enough if you think Chiellini is the better defender, I just disagree with the part "he is not a patch on Chiellini" because I think they are both excellent players.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Fair enough if you think Chiellini is the better defender, I just disagree with the part "he is not a patch on Chiellini" because I think they are both excellent players.
He is behind Chiellini in every department other than Passing. Then again each to their own. Pique is a *good* defender at best nothing more.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I didn't say he isn't good, I just think he is vastly overrated right now because of a double.

With the talent, dribbling, maturity, versatility and hard work, he's simply destined to succeed and what now might seem as overrating will soon prove to be a realistic description of Jovetic.

Just wait and see. I know him before most of you here saw him and I know what he has and what he can give. The Liverpool match, which i think i didn't even watch, has absolutely no influence on me regarding Jovetic's quality.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
With the talent, dribbling, maturity, versatility and hard work, he's simply destined to succeed and what now might seem as overrating will soon prove to be a realistic description of Jovetic.

Just wait and see. I know him before most of you here saw him and I know what he has and what he can give. The Liverpool match, which i think i didn't even watch, has absolutely no influence on me regarding Jovetic's quality.
Your one of the few who fully watch him and who's opinion I respect. However after the Liverpool match, The ammount of posters who posted here was ridiculous comparing him to Cassano, Baggio etc. 20 million is way to much for him at the moment. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

So you just ignored his double and didn't give him any credit for it?:D I'm sure you know more about him if you watched him before he joined Fiorentina but success depends upon variables and choices he makes, not solely on his ability
For all those Jovetic vs Zarate talks

Zarate is a class above,in my opinion!
I agree for now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)