Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (32 Viewers)

Dec 10, 2006
Giorgio has proven himself many times,his ability n talent in tacklin',the way of playmaking,his physically power and head speciality,...
All he lack is experience, that is what cause him act like a scared 6 year-old boy(in few minutes though)...
@Kyle: I agree that Zarate is a good player n dribbles fantastic which affects a team performance very much no matter if down or in the lead, but if u mention all the aspects,u'll find him worse...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Chiellini: 'I didn't hurt van Persie'
Wednesday 18 November, 2009

Goalscorer Giorgio Chiellini apologised to Robin van Persie and notes Marcello Lippi has a “tough job” picking a World Cup squad.

“In the last two to three years I have made improvements and playing more regularly at international level for both club and country certainly helps you,” said the Juventus defender.

“I am happy with what I have done so far and gained the confidence to do more than just the basics. There's no point denying this would be my first World Cup and I think about it often.”

Chiellini nodded in his second international goal to defeat Sweden 1-0 this evening, but his Azzurri career really took off when replacing Fabio Cannavaro at Euro 2008.

“The truth is that from Fabio's injury I had a great opportunity and tried to make the most of it, as if he hadn't been injured, I would never have come in.”

The defender hailed some of the newcomers to the Italy squad for these two friendlies against Holland and Sweden.

“[Antonio] Candreva surprised me as I hadn't seen him play up close. You can tell in training he has quality and character.

“I hadn't seen [Raffaele] Palladino in 18 months and he has improved so much, both tactically and physically. He wasn't able to express himself at Juventus, but he really is ready for the step up now.”

In the 0-0 friendly with Holland, Chiellini's challenge on van Persie led to torn ankle ligaments that will keep the Arsenal man sidelined for several months.

“I have never gone into a tackle to hurt anyone in my entire life and van Persie said the same thing. If you look at the footage it's clear it was not a nasty challenge. Some people tried to stir up trouble to distract attention from the performance.

“I was the first to be upset about van Persie and hope he'll recover as soon as possible. I was actually surprised he was injured from that situation.”

Competition for places in South Africa is fierce, especially with Giampaolo Pazzini complaining that Amauri shouldn't switch nations.

“I spoke to Pazzini and he is right that for the moment Amauri is Brazilian. If he becomes Italian in March then it's up to the Coach to decide.

“The strength of this squad is its work ethic and we are all ready for whatever Lippi wants. It'll be tough for him to pick only 23 players!

“Compared to four years ago we have at least half the squad that won the World Cup and got the best at that level. On top of that we have the introduction of new blood and will certainly go there to defend our title.”

Chiellini also praised Juventus Coach Ciro Ferrara for aiding his development this season.

“Ferrara has helped me a lot, as he was an international defender for so many years and can give you those tiny tips that can make the difference. With him we work to improve the little things, the details that at this level can mean a great deal.”

That is what I like to hear :tup:

Well done Ciro.

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
“The truth is that from Fabio's injury I had a great opportunity and tried to make the most of it, as if he hadn't been injured, I would never have come in.”
How very nice to say this, Canna will be happy. :D

His form has been impressive in the last two months, hope he can keep it. Go Chiello!!!

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Fuck Glass Van Ppersie. Those media/Arsenals & Nentherland fans idiots have nothing on our beloved big nose Giorgio. The tackle was clean 100 % on the ball, and there was no intent to hurt this paper made player RVP. Suck it up and stop bitching, it's really annoying.

P.S Derek kuyt should also keep his mouth shut.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Chiellini will have his hands full this time around. He better be on his A game otherwise things could get ugly.

Forza Superman behind him though...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Agreed, Melo's inconsistencies are very disappointing. He has not been a flop but so far neither has he lived up to expectations.

Sadly right now it looks like we really could have used D'agostino, a deep lying play maker seems like the solution to some of our current problems. We would benefit from having a CM who can pass in the 4-2-3-1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)