Capello ‘agrees’ to Real move (5 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Jeeks said:
Four straight Ligue 1 titles doesn't really prove anything. Lyon as a club is superior to others in the league. Here, he left and the team is still points away from the others. Even before he took charge they were either winning or fighting for the title.
Okay, so if that fact doesn't prove anything, give us a realistic argument why Walter Novellino, Didier Deschamps, Prandelli, or any other possible candidate should be given the job because I don't see any.

Deschamps could not even stick it out with Monaco and win the league...talk about proving something.

Buy on AliExpress.com

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
it is more probable that capello will move on if juve win the CL and the scudetto , if not he will stay trying to win the CL , capello like challenges, I mean big challenges

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Jeeks said:
Four straight Ligue 1 titles doesn't really prove anything. Lyon as a club is superior to others in the league. Here, he left and the team is still points away from the others. Even before he took charge they were either winning or fighting for the title.
Though Lyon had never won Lique 1, until Le Guen won it with the team.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
RochemBeck said:
Okay, so if that fact doesn't prove anything, give us a realistic argument why Walter Novellino, Didier Deschamps, Prandelli, or any other possible candidate should be given the job because I don't see any.

Deschamps could not even stick it out with Monaco and win the league...talk about proving something.
If you look back at my reply in the beginning of the discussion you will see that I rose a concern on him leaving rather than being joyful at the departure. Frankly I don't see many candidates of his caliber.

You asked for arguments about Novellino, Deschamps or Prandelli but there is none because I don't see them qualified to take charge for a team like Juventus. I actually can see The Spaniard in England, the monkey face, The Frenchie in London or GUus Hiddink along with Capello as being the top managers in the game at the moment. Who of these can replace, I don't think anyone is in a position to leave their current jobs and manage Juventus.

I was talking with someone about Capello's departure and we both agreed on something. He might be old-school, he might be stubborn. Capello might be primitive and he might be non-creative, but no one deny the effect he makes on the team. He sure does have presence and he sure have an influence on the team and its performance. Wether you like it or not, he was one of the reasons your beloved team won the Scudetto last year, it is competing for the scudetto this year and maybe more.

Capello has left Milan and after that the club went into a downfall, it was until Fetih Terim came that the club started to come back to its feet. He left Roma and the club went through a downfall that we are witnessing at the moment. That did not affect Madrid because he stayed there for one year, he did not stamp his presence, he did not have enough time to stamp it.

I said and will say it again, his departure will be missed, it will make an impact and it will be a negative one unless a top-notch manager comes in, not Del Ner, not Deschamps, not Novellino, not Le Guen and not even Prandelli.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Dominic said:
Really? Okay, I was wrong then. Santini was the first to win it.
At the days of Santini the club started to appear in good form. After their first title win, they became much better than other teams. I don't see anything special in Le Guen, their performance in Europe seems better this year WITHOUT Le Guen.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Guus Hiddink! That man loves his fitness. very organised yet loves to attack! Le guen hasnt really been tested yet, Hiddink has had international experience. So my vote would be old mister Guusie boy hiddink. Plus he dont take any shit!! And he hates Real Madrid!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Taken from Capello's interview after the game against Brugge,

“I read it in the newspapers. I don’t remember signing any contracts!” he laughed. “It’s very difficult to return to a place where you’ve already coached, especially if they are the same players who already knew you. Would I prefer England or Spain? I prefer Juventus.”

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Jeeks said:
Taken from Capello's interview after the game against Brugge,

“I read it in the newspapers. I don’t remember signing any contracts!” he laughed. “It’s very difficult to return to a place where you’ve already coached, especially if they are the same players who already knew you. Would I prefer England or Spain? I prefer Juventus.”

He's keeping his cards close to his chest the old bugger!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
capello will NOT JOIN REAL AS I SAID , IT IS JUST A RUMOUR , READ THIS:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Capello not Real-ly going

Wednesday 23 November, 2005

Channel4.com wrote:

Fabio Capello has denied having signed any pre-contractual agreement to go to Real Madrid. "It’s fantasy football," he joked.

Reports in Spain yesterday claimed the Juve Coach had already agreed to a move to Los Meringues, including a penalty clause in case he should change his mind, but Capello put the whole business down to hot air.

In playful mood after guiding his side through to the last 16 of the Champions League, the 59-year-old initially left the implication that he might, after all, be on his way.

"I had no idea I’d already signed a pre-contract and a penalty clause," he said. "I really can’t reveal how much the penalty clause is."

But it soon became clear he was reacting ironically to a week of speculation surrounding his future.

He once famously said that you should never reheat the same soup - in other words, never go back to a former club – but he did add that Real Madrid could no longer be considered the same side that he once coached.

"It’s only reheated the soup when you go back after just a year when you know everyone and everyone still knows you," he added, referring to his second stint at Milan. "But from my time at Real there are only three players left."

Was the former Real Coach hinting then that he would be going back to take charge of the Galacticos?

"No, there’s no truth in it at all," he revealed. "It’s fantasy football. The news surprised me as much as anyone else.

"I have a contract with the people here and I am working very well, thank you. Che sarà sarà."

Therefore, no move to Spain appears imminent, particularly with the Italian giants as best equipped as they have been in years to launch an assault on the Champions League.

Juventus director general Luciano Moggi also rubbished the link. "These things are written when there is nothing else to write about," he argued.

"A lot of things have been said about us, such as we are going to buy Ronaldinho. He is a great player, but we have no need for him.

"Roy Keane? We don’t sign players who are over 30 and I think I’m right in saying that he is 34. Therefore, he is not part of our plans."

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
RochemBeck said:
So what has Novellino, Deschamps, and Prandelli proved exactly? Absolutely nothing. At least Le Guen has four straight Ligue 1 titles to his name...better than any other realistc candidate on the list.

So what he got 4 ligue 1 championships? i dare you to tell me the name of one more coach in ligue 1 (besides houllier). And oh btw it's 3 titles, shows how much knowledge you have of the french football. Please if you're gonna be repeating the media drap you feed on everyday, do it right.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Stop dodging my questions and answer them, Altair.

What has Novellino, Deschamps, and Prandelli proven exactly and what do they have over Le Guen?

My apologies for leaving out Santini.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
ok let's, only that they've either played ot coached at serie, i think that counts for a pea or two. My personal choice is Novellino I think he's got what it takes when it comes to both knowledge and attitude. I am sorry but this choice of Le Guen is just infuriating, People it's Juve we're talking about here. Ferrara has more credentials than Paul.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Altair said:
ok let's, only that they've either played ot coached at serie, i think that counts for a pea or two. My personal choice is Novellino I think he's got what it takes when it comes to both knowledge and attitude. I am sorry but this choice of Le Guen is just infuriating, People it's Juve we're talking about here. Ferrara has more credentials than Paul.
So by your logic you have to be acqauinted with Serie A to be coach in Serie A...hmm can't say I agree but each to his own I guess. Le Guen might be a choice infuriating to you, however watching him these past two years I have come to like his methods. Novellino is a good manager indeed, however just three years ago he was coaching Piacenza in Serie A and if I remember correctly not doing entirely well. Now he's coaching a decent side in Sampdoria that lost a Champions League spot last season and he has yet to do anything in Europe. At least Le Guen has admirable experiance in Europe, so I'm not sure how you can say Novellino is a better option than Le Guen.

Ferrara has more credentials than Le Guen? You can't be serious..

But I guess this topic is redundant because Capello will be staying for another year. Hopefully for you Novellino will actually do something with Sampdoria this year..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)