Capello ‘agrees’ to Real move (6 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Altair said:
Le guen is not even in the top 5 coaches in France and you want him in Juve? Amazing.. anyhoo i dont have time to write exposes in the matter but i'm just glad you wont be recruiting for juve :D
Le Guen is one of the better managers in France, certainly. Novellino is one of the better managers in Italy who has proved fvckall yet.

And yes, your last comment goes to you as well, if you're going to be a douche about it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I simply don't understand what is it you see in Le Guen. I am not waiting for clarification, the only thing you can come up with is winning Ligue 1 three times in a row, with a squad that was and still is by far more superior than any other competitor.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Jeeks said:
I simply don't understand what is it you see in Le Guen. I am not waiting for clarification, the only thing you can come up with is winning Ligue 1 three times in a row, with a squad that was and still is by far more superior than any other competitor.
I became impressed with Le Guen not only in France, however also the matches I saw of Lyon in the CL. The squad he had to work with a couple years ago was not as good as it is today though, Jeeks. Juninho, Govou, Essien, Malouda, Diarra, and Edmilson all improved greatly under his guidance and some were even no names before Le Guen gave them a role in the side. Monaco had a stronger roster in 2004 IMO and Marsielle and PSG also has to be given a mention. It's not all about the squad bringing them to consecutive glory...give Ligue 1 a bit more credit than that, Jeeks.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I rate Ligue 1 higher than Bundesliga and would watch a game there with more pleasure than watching a game from the EPL or the Spanish Liga. I have been watching Ligue 1 ever since I started watching football. I think in my early days I've seen Ligue 1 games way much more than I've seen any other football from anywhere. Hell, I've seen Le Guen play more times than I've seen Zlatan play. Still, I am sure Lyon was superior, Santini started the thing in the club was ready when Le Guen took charge.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Jeeks said:
And what is it that makes them look so strong? The fact that they won the league 4 times? Lyon have not started winning and then signed lots of good players, if anything they have sold some of the players who helped the team win and they're stronger than ever. The perception of quality is shaped through success, a winning team will look so much better for winning.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Jeeks said:
Still, I am sure Lyon was superior, Santini started the thing in the club was ready when Le Guen took charge.
This I will agree with, there are forces behind the scenes at play, I don't exactly know what they are. But the very fact that Houllier hasn't messed it up yet proves that. And the succession of Santini>Le Guen was extremely smooth as well.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Martin said:
And what is it that makes them look so strong? The fact that they won the league 4 times? Lyon have not started winning and then signed lots of good players, if anything they have sold some of the players who helped the team win and they're stronger than ever. The perception of quality is shaped through success, a winning team will look so much better for winning.
Definitely club management. They have a certain approach to buold a squad, they got there with patience. PSG have an Inter approach that will get them nowhere. Marseille will no longer be the Marseille they were at the times of Bernard Tapis (sp?). Monaco had the same approach as Lyon but somewhere in the way they made a mistake. Another team that I strongly admire in Ligue 1 is Auxerre, their school and their talented Guy Roux.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Martin said:
This I will agree with, there are forces behind the scenes at play, I don't exactly know what they are. But the very fact that Houllier hasn't messed it up yet proves that. And the succession of Santini>Le Guen was extremely smooth as well.

This shows that the club, its management, is creating the character. All the manager is doing is to coach the players. At the times of Santini it started, they were competitive but they did not start winning, however they did not go barbaric on the market, they knew that with patience they can build something.

watermelon

Nov 24, 2005
The rumor has been denied by Capello himself. He said it is not realistic to go back the team you once coached, particularly to work with players who had been there since you left. I really don't buy that Fabio Capello will leave Juve, because he is too excellent to leave. Nobody would give up a energy and powerful team, like juve, to choose a poor and hopeless one, like Real Madrid. At least Fabio won't risk it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)