Capello ‘agrees’ to Real move (3 Viewers)

Oct 1, 2002
axlrose85 said:
del neri?
i would go for claudio ranieri.he's handled big teams,he himself built valencia as a european threat.
ranieri should be the man.and if im not mistaken,he was linked to us the year lippi left.
is this kind of sarcasm?
Ranieri ruined a good Valencia side into crap.
it's Benitez who transform Valencia into good team.

Oct 1, 2002
source = wikipedia

On 8 June 2004, he returned for a second stint as coach of Valencia on a three-year contract.

Picking up the pieces after Rafa Benitez, the manager who had led Valencia to the UEFA Cup and La Liga double the previous season, resigned and then promptly joined Liverpool. Ranieri made a series of signings from Serie A, spending the cash on Marco Di Vaio, Stefano Fiore, Bernardo Corradi and Emiliano Moretti. These four signings never really worked, after a bright start, in which the Mestalla outfit picked up 14 out of a possible 18 points and beat Porto to lift the European Super Cup, Valencia went into a slump from October, winning once in 7 games and getting knocked out of the Champions League, in no small part thanks to a humiliating 5-1 drubbing by Inter in which midfielder Miguel Angulo was sent off for spitting. After a brief revival Valencia went another 6 games without a win from mid-January. Apart from his four Italian signings Ranieri was criticised for not playing Argentinean playmaker Pablo Aimar and persistent changes to formations and tactics, something carried forward by him from his Chelsea days.

He was sacked on February 25, 2005 after Valencia were knocked out of the UEFA Cup by Steaua Bucharest. Valencia were sixth at the time of Ranieri's sacking.

Quique Flores was announced by Valencia in June, 2005 to be Ranieri's long term successor. Prior to that Ranieri had picked up £3million from Valencia for the premature termination of his contract.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Angulo was sent of for spitting against Bremen, not Inter. My dear wikipedia.

Anyway I don't beleive this news, bullshit probably.
Though If it IS true, Prandelli would be a good replacement. Despite Capello's critics, releasing Capello now would not be a good thing.

rokkstar

Feb 2, 2005
I hope Capello stays on and wins the CL for us, if not this year, then next year, at least.

Altho' his tactics and formations are suspect, he gets the results and his records speak for themself.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Prandelli would be my pick. As I believe Prandelli's yet to sign an extension to his contract which ends next summer, he could be the board's pick also ;)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I would love Lippi, but in his mind, it would probably play out as 'old wine in an old bottle.' :D

Anyway, the candidate best suited to the job according to me, would have to be Luca Vialli. I just see that work. As for Capello signing for Madrid, I wouldnt be surprised. Although, I dont see it happen, unless we win the Champions League.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)