buffon willing to stay~!!! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
jussiut said:
Fair enough, you started your post with "if". However, you ended it with "I hope he chokes at the WC". Maybe that blinded my thinking a little...

I hate these definition games which categorize fans. What I meant with "a true fan" was that the minute someone leaves Juve he'll become an enemy. I personally just can't see it. Ultras are like that, it doesn't matter what the player has done for the club but once he leaves for whatever reason he's the number one enemy, even more so than the players who have been at other clubs for their whole lives.

Football is business in the end and the players are commodities. Sure, loyalty is a virtue but in a case like Buffon where he undisputedly has been quite an asset to the club and loved by the curva I can't understand the simple-mindedness of despising him the second he leaves. Well ok, I understand it and maybe it's not simple-mindedness as much as fundamentalism of some sort but still I can't possible see myself starting to hate the player. I don't judge people who do this sort of hating but maybe I'm a little suprised of people who start to almost despise a player just because of rumors.

Anyway, long story short, I still haven't seen any comment whatsover in the press which even slightly would indicate Buffon's willingness to leave. Jeeks says he "cannot see the irrationality of me insisting Buffon will forever stay" or something like that. Where have I ever stated that? You are touting like no tomorrow that he's leaving but once again I have heard no logical reason whatsoever for that claim. Maybe you have a gut feeling, fine. Dida is possible leaving and that leaves room for Buffon, fine. He may possibly leave but the certainty of his departure is the thing that puzzles me and the feelings some have towards him just because of these headlines and rumors.
I am not a true fan but I behave like an ultra. Do you have more to say about me?

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
Jeeks said:
I am not a true fan but I behave like an ultra. Do you have more to say about me?
I really don't follow you. I'm not trying to attack you or anything but if you don't want to write a decent post, then fine.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
jussiut said:
I really don't follow you. I'm not trying to attack you or anything but if you don't want to write a decent post, then fine.

I have no problem at all with players leaving Juventus, this is football and I have been watching it for ages. Consider me whatever you want but I have an allergy on Milan. Yes, I would be disgusted from the first day Buffon joins Milan, if he does. Do you know why? Because he will be going there for silly reasons, like a promise that he will win the Champions League or something like that. Why can't he promise himself that he is with this team that has paid millions to get him and millions for his pocket to win more trophies? Why choose the easier option and go where he is promised that mre stars are to come and thus mroe trophies?

Zidane was and still is one of my favourite players and when he was sold, I felt sad but I did not hate him for that. He changed the whole challenge, a whole new leage, a new country and totally different atmosphere. He's a human and we all need new challenges. But going from Juventus to Milan just for the sake of it does not make sense to me, especially at the time where Juventus are sinking and Milan are taking the piss at us.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
Jeeks said:
I have no problem at all with players leaving Juventus, this is football and I have been watching it for ages. Consider me whatever you want but I have an allergy on Milan. Yes, I would be disgusted from the first day Buffon joins Milan, if he does. Do you know why? Because he will be going there for silly reasons, like a promise that he will win the Champions League or something like that. Why can't he promise himself that he is with this team that has paid millions to get him and millions for his pocket to win more trophies? Why choose the easier option and go where he is promised that mre stars are to come and thus mroe trophies?

Zidane was and still is one of my favourite players and when he was sold, I felt sad but I did not hate him for that. He changed the whole challenge, a whole new leage, a new country and totally different atmosphere. He's a human and we all need new challenges. But going from Juventus to Milan just for the sake of it does not make sense to me, especially at the time where Juventus are sinking and Milan are taking the piss at us.

:agree: :toast: :pint:

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Buffon open to Plan C Tuesday 13 June, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gigi Buffon says he hasn’t ruled out the possibility of staying at Juventus – even if it means playing Serie C football.

The goalkeeper has been linked with an exit given the possibility that Juve may be stripped of their Serie A status as a result of the Calciopoli investigations.

But Buffon, apparently already a target for Milan and Real Madrid, is not making any decisions about his future just yet.

“Would I stay with Juventus in B? Nothing scares me in football anymore, not even the prospect of Serie C,” he said from Italy’s World Cup training base.

“The fortunate thing about Juventus is that there is an historic family behind it with over 100 years of involvement,” he added.

“I’m waiting to hear what the project is for the future and then I will make my decisions with serenity.”

Italian football is going through a rough time as a result of the scandal, but 21m people tuned in for last night’s 2-0 win over Ghana.

“That is a really satisfying piece of news as it shows that the people want to celebrate after what has happened recently,” he added.

“It’s great to sweat, make sacrifices and run for your nation. This sense of unity can help to cancel out everything as everyone will be happy if we manage to win.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun13k.html

Geof

May 14, 2004
bringhomedavids said:
Buffon open to Plan C Tuesday 13 June, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gigi Buffon says he hasn’t ruled out the possibility of staying at Juventus – even if it means playing Serie C football.

That's total bullshit. He said he's gonna wait and see, and that he wouldn't be surprised to see Juve in C, because nothing surprises him anymore. That's all.

Channel4 are dropping standards day by day.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
Uh, not exactly :)

Here's the quote:

"Con la Juve in serie B? Nel calcio non mi spaventa più nulla, non mi spaventerebbe neanche la C".

"With Juve in serie B? In calcio nothing scares me anymore, it wouldn't scare me in C, either."

Now you could say that he may have realized that Juve are not going down, and that he is making a "business" statement....

but he did say it ;)

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
Zambrotta and Emerson have hinted that "they have to ponder the situation" -> everybody are mad because that quote obviously means they are *gasp* even thinking the possibility of leaving!

Del Piero says something vague like "I will always love Juventus" and it's taken as a granted that he'd stay in Juve in Serie C.

Buffon says that "Serie B and C doesn't scare me" and now people don't know what to think.

Please, do not take these friggin' quotes so damn fundamentally. There will be transfer rumors of about every Juve player there is, there will be vague and a little more direct quotes. All the decisions will be done after WC when there's more info about Calciopoli.

EDIT: Oh and Jeeks, thanks for the good reply. Now I understand your point of view and I have to admit, I agree with you on most part. Leaving Juve for Milan just because of the idea of winning more trophies there would be a letdown no matter how much business calcio is. I still couldn't hate the guy but maybe it's because I've always liked him.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
Buffon declares his loyalty to Juventus::

Gianluigi Buffon commented for the first time ever the scandal that is rocking Italian football and also the possibility that his side can be demoted to a lower division.

"In football nothing scares me, I wouldn't be scared even to play in Serie C.

"With Del Piero and Cannavaro already declaring their intention of staying despite the demotion, this is a further boost for the club who can now still count on established players to re-build their image.

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=73526

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I don't believe this, but it indicates the man is moving from Juve without identifying his next club...

------------------------------------------------------------

Buffon transfer negotiations exist

Gianluigi Buffon, the most expensive and possibly the best goalkeeper in the world, is thought to be possibly heading to North London to play for Arsenal.

Buffon's agent has confirmed that negotiations with Arsenal do exist, but that they are complicated and nowhere near complete.

Buffon's representative Silvano Martina admits Arsenal are a tempting option, but feels a deal is fraught with complications.

Martina told the Italian media: "The negotiation exists, but it isn't easy.

"London is a pleasing option, but Gigi would like to stay in Italy.

"Despite this, Arsenal remains a welcome solution
."

Juventus are thought to be asking for €28 million (£19 million) for Buffon, and coupled with the Italian's hefty wages it would seem that the Italian number one is out of Arsenal's reach.

But his agent has confirmed that Arsenal are in talks to bring Buffon to the new Emirates Stadium, so perhaps money isn't as big an issue as we think.

http://www.arsenal-now.com/?page=articles&article=2374287&from=rss&title=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)