Buffon to Milan!!! (1 Viewer)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #126
    Buffon agent slams exit talk

Gigi Buffon’s agent has rubbished rumours insisting that his client would be leaving Juventus at the end of this season.

Some reports in recent weeks had associated the goalkeeper with a switch, Milan being one of his possible destinations.

But Silvano Martino has today told the Guerin Sportivo magazine that there is no divorce on the cards.

“I’ll start by saying that Juventus have no intention of depriving themselves of Buffon and Gigi hasn’t manifested a desire to join another club,” he stated.

“It’s also the case that I am unaware of any proposed offers which Juventus have received for my client.

“Unfortunately I keep reading absurd stories, untruths, even inventions of disagreements with [boss Fabio] Capello and the club.”

Whispers had claimed that Buffon would be allowed to leave given the impressive form of understudy Christian Abbiati this term.

“All the rumours are false,” added Martino. “Gigi is happy in Turin and has no problems with Capello, his teammates or the directors.

“That is why he will remain in between the sticks for the club for some time to come yet
    .”

Juventus landed Buffon in the summer of 2001 after they had a £33m offer, a world record fee for a shot-stopper, accepted by Parma.

Channel4

Jul 12, 2002
    Tom said:
    €50m for Buffon, we could probably get someone like Shay Given for about €10-15m, leaves us at least €35m to spend, that takes care of Gallas at least, with money to spare
    As unlikely as it is for me to say this, I think that selling Buffon would be a bad idea. When you are a big club, looking to improve, you buy better players than you have. There are players that could be bought to equal Buffon's level of performance, but you'd have a hard time beating it, and players like that would not come cheap. That being said, why would Milan want to buy Buffon anyway? Don't they get Abiatti back at hte ned of the season?

Joaco

the cronopio
    Dec 11, 2005
    I don't know if this has been posted yet.
    But if this has been posted, my apologies;)

Buffon agent slams exit talk
    Wednesday 3 May, 2006
    Gigi Buffon’s agent has rubbished rumours insisting that his client would be leaving Juventus at the end of this season.

Some reports in recent weeks had associated the goalkeeper with a switch, Milan being one of his possible destinations.

But Silvano Martino has today told the Guerin Sportivo magazine that there is no divorce on the cards.

“I’ll start by saying that Juventus have no intention of depriving themselves of Buffon and Gigi hasn’t manifested a desire to join another club,” he stated.

“It’s also the case that I am unaware of any proposed offers which Juventus have received for my client.

“Unfortunately I keep reading absurd stories, untruths, even inventions of disagreements with [boss Fabio] Capello and the club.”

Whispers had claimed that Buffon would be allowed to leave given the impressive form of understudy Christian Abbiati this term.

“All the rumours are false,” added Martino. “Gigi is happy in Turin and has no problems with Capello, his teammates or the directors.

“That is why he will remain in between the sticks for the club for some time to come yet.”

Juventus landed Buffon in the summer of 2001 after they had a £33m offer, a world record fee for a shot-stopper, accepted by Parma.

Source: Channel4

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    Tom said:
    €50m for Buffon, we could probably get someone like Shay Given for about €10-15m, leaves us at least €35m to spend, that takes care of Gallas at least, with money to spare
    Exactly what I've been saying for ages, no lack of keepers who could adequately replace Buffon and he's one of the only two or three players in the team who could bring in that kind of money.

Fight Club

Dec 14, 2005
    Jem83 said:
    Other than Buffon and Nedved, our other true champions include Thuram, Cannavaro and Del Piero. You just don't sell those kind of players, because they are priceless.

agree but u r missing zambrotta, mate

should be our next captain

Jul 12, 2002
    Desmond said:
    Exactly what I've been saying for ages, no lack of keepers who could adequately replace Buffon and he's one of the only two or three players in the team who could bring in that kind of money.
    That's the reason that we never should have bought him, not why we should sell him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)