Books you're reading (43 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Finished reading "Theodore Boone" and "Judge and Jury" by Grisham and J. Patterson respectively.

Currently reading "The Afghan" by Fredrik Forsyth

Don't! coelho is shit
Seriously, everyone speaks so favorably about him, i've always been meaning to read "The Alchemist"

Started reading the Da Vinci Code :weee:
Its quite good, until the ending ruins it.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Gödel, Escher, Bach. Mind blowing. The deepest book I've ever read, possibly the most important. Long and hard to read, because of the ever frequent references to earlier ideas, it's like the whole book is a mosaic where things are connected to each other, a structure so deep it would take ages to unravel all of it.

Philosophy, mathematics, music, computer science, genetics. That's probably the right order in which most of the content is from, but it's all connected very deeply.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Currently reading two, An Instance of the Fingerpost by Iain Pears and a history of Italian football that was given to me by an Italian friend at work. He is a massive Torino fan and is trying to talk me away from Juve with things such as "Del Piero's an idiot". I expected to find some long, drawn-out explanation of why Del Piero is an idiot, but so far all it has said is "Del Piero's a really sound bloke and I have nothing bad to say about him" so we'll see.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Tino Turtle Travels to Beijing...

Who would have thought that the turtle would go ballistic at the outsourced Frisbee factory at the end, locking the exits and torching everyone like that? :shocked:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Deneb and Hoori, The Alchemist was quite good. What's with the Coelho non-rating?
I find his books overly pretentious. He pretends that he is teaching people simple tips about life, love, everything in the simplest ways and with the most catching lines and that's why many love to quote them all the time but his books, IMO, are too superficial actually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)