Books you're reading (19 Viewers)

Jul 5, 2006
Dan Brown - Digital Fortress. Tragic. Starts mediocre and only gets worse along the line. Dan's conception of technology is not only no better than the average writer, it's worse, he's more ignorant than the average. What a relief that someone tipped him off to write more historical-ish books, cause there at least your flaws aren't so obvious.
Digital Fortress is the weakest link among his books, try Deception Point..***..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Meh, I think the Langdon books are quite good, at least the stories are interesting imo. His kryptonite seems to be anything related to science and technology "zomg, that glowing thing is antimatter!".
I don't know, I can't get past his poor writing style. I read The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons but I couldn't tolerate any more after that.

But I just read on Wikipedia that he released an album: In 1993, Brown released the self-titled CD Dan Brown, which included songs such as "976-Love" and "If You Believe in Love."

My respect for him has not increased.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don't know, I can't get past his poor writing style. I read The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons but I couldn't tolerate any more after that.

But I just read on Wikipedia that he released an album: In 1993, Brown released the self-titled CD Dan Brown, which included songs such as "976-Love" and "If You Believe in Love."

:D I guess he didn't sell too many records.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

:lol: :tup:

More proof that the Grammy Awards are a sham!

ĵџvє_вãвγ

Earth Intruder
Jul 5, 2006
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson, Great end, there were so many characters in this one, that would be rather confusing if i hadnt read in two days. But all the questions answered, all wondered things emerged. That was a satisfying end indeed. Lisbeth & Mikael wonderful team :beer:

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee , Masterpiece!

..***..

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Most of my reading I've done was required work...So with that said
Of Mice and Men
Huck Finn
Lord of the Flies
Animal Farm
Descartes : Meditations on First Philosophy
Plato
Alex Rider series (personal reading)
Brave new World

And many other just can't remember
Never took a liking to reading , but that tends to happen when every book in your curriculum sucks donkey balls.
Are you studying English language and literature?? Cause i had those same books as required reading...except "Descarets"

Jul 5, 2006
The Virgin's Lover by Philippa Gregory, i didnt take much pleasure like her other works (The Other Boleyn Girl & The Queen's Fool) i admit this novel was good,too but she couldnt reflect that period like previous ones.. but still her telling the story way is very fluent and not boring.

Barro Blanco by Jose Mauro de Vasconcelos Vasconcelos is one of my fav. writers maybe he is at the top for me, always makes my eyes full with tears and he did it again although in this second time reading!

..***..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)