Books you're reading (38 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Coelho: platitude, platitude, something so cheesy it shoulda been on the karate kid, garbage, platitude, some more garbage, nausea
I find his books overly pretentious. He pretends that he is teaching people simple tips about life, love, everything in the simplest ways and with the most catching lines and that's why many love to quote them all the time but his books, IMO, are too superficial actually.
I know what you're talking about. But The Alchemist was good.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Most of my reading I've done was required work...So with that said
Of Mice and Men
Huck Finn
Lord of the Flies
Animal Farm
Descartes : Meditations on First Philosophy
Plato
Alex Rider series (personal reading)
Brave new World

And many other just can't remember
Never took a liking to reading , but that tends to happen when every book in your curriculum sucks donkey balls.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
you really should read robinson crusoe then! i read it at the same time as lord of the flies and anna karenina like 2-3 years ago, and i remember it was great

and try to see lord of the flies the movie, it kinda old and its not as good as the book but its alright

and yeah animal farm seems interesting

i want to read tolstoy's family happiness too, i have it but i have no much time

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I love lord of the flies!
and animal farm is next on my reading list

did you read robinson crusoe?
I couldn't take Lord of the flies, it was a story about a bunch of whiny kids who wouldn't stop whining. I didn't even make it halfway.

I think you probably have to be a kid to like it, from an adult's perspective it's not great.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Of Mice and Men
Huck Finn
Lord of the Flies
Animal Farm
Plato
Brave new World

Never took a liking to reading , but that tends to happen when every book in your curriculum sucks donkey balls.
Oh, but it doesn't (at least not entirely). Brave new world is a great story, so is Animal Farm.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
I couldn't take Lord of the flies, it was a story about a bunch of whiny kids who wouldn't stop whining. I didn't even make it halfway.

I think you probably have to be a kid to like it, from an adult's perspective it's not great.
Quite the opposite actually, it's no story for kids at all, I think you should finish it before giving an opinion

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Of Mice and Men
Huck Finn
Lord of the Flies
Animal Farm
Plato
Brave new World

Man, you got good books to read for school. Animal Farm was on our syllabus too. But we had shit like The Glass Menagerie, Shane, Romeo and Juliet, Mc Beth. Chrysalids was a good one though.

Jul 5, 2006
The Russian Concubine by Kate Furnivall, interesting story coming up from Russia to China, the girl who escaped from Bolshevik Revolution and facing betrayal, poverty, cultural differences and also found love in there. The writer's way of telling story is very good i felt like i was watching a movie, imaging those places and characters were easy, the novel absorbed me indeed=)

Leyla by Alexandra Cavelius, a sad true story, sometimes being woman is very hard!

..***..

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
I finished The Alchemist in 6 hours, surprisingly I loved it, very entertaining and well written
I'm not a big fan of modern literature but I give this one 4 stars.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Dan Brown - Digital Fortress. Tragic. Starts mediocre and only gets worse along the line. Dan's conception of technology is not only no better than the average writer, it's worse, he's more ignorant than the average. What a relief that someone tipped him off to write more historical-ish books, cause there at least your flaws aren't so obvious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)