Books you're reading (20 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Started reading Gomorra by Roberto Saviano. I've heard so much about him already, but it's the first time I'm reading any of his books. I have to say he's a good writer, it's really interesting. He starts off telling stories about how there is this massive underground clothing industry just north of Napoli that is completely unofficial, pays no taxes and officially doesn't exist, that not only supplies much of the products for the most famous Italian clothing brands but also competes with them by selling products of almost the same quality but with made up brand names.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gustav

Jul 20, 2008
Reading Musil's Der Mann ohne Eigenschaften, an ironic-satirical monument to the Austro-Hungarian empire.

"There is only one question worth thinking about, the question of the right way to live."

Jul 5, 2006
Honolulu by Alan Brennert, again very impressive and victory story, as good as his other work Moloka'i, a very different look to Hawaii.

Kvinden I Buret (The Woman in the Cage) by Jussi Adler Olsen, first i didnt want to buy this novel but while i was reading the back cover it says "Olsen is the new Stieg Larsson" so bought it, and no regret, it was a very good thriller, this was the first novel of this writer translated into Turkish, hope i have chance to read his other works.

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.

Another great story. Unpredictable and very emotional. I'd say just as good as The Kite Runner.
Amazing novel indeed :beer: ..***..

Jul 5, 2006
O Aleph (The Aleph - Elif) by Paulo Coelho, i have never been a fan of Paulo Coelho but in this novel like the way of telling story.. maybe not because of this, i just liked the main character of the story-Turkish girl Hilal =)

..***..

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I read Freakonomics. It was cool- entertaining and quickly changing topics. I wanted Superfreakonomics, but I didn't see the soft cover version.
I picked both of them up in china for £0.5 lol. They don't have intelectual property with books so they just reprint them and charge fuck all for it.

I also read 'First They Killed My Father' which was horrifying, im glad I read it after i left cambodia because it is so messed up.

'Mr Nice' - just an interesting story - like scarface but with a really likeable guy and completely true.

I read shit load recently and i cba to write them all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)