Benitez vs Del Neri (2 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Not worse. But we aren't doing too badly. Looking at Benitez' inter, I just woudn't want him here. He's not the only coach who's had to inherit a winning squad, but he's probably one who's doing the worst with one.

Villa and the others Barca signed aren't even the key players for Barca. It's the same Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and Messi that have been winning for years.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
The whole squad argument is farce , Mourino left porto with a squad that could compete for the next couple seasons, and Ancelotti's and Hiddink's squad was pretty much Mourinho and still is. He left inter with a good system imo. Although age has been a matter

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Not worse. But we aren't doing too badly.
Like I said, we're doing like we did with our last coach, or like how we did with Ranieri. So they were decent too.

We'll see how we finish it though.

Villa and the others Barca signed aren't even the key players for Barca. It's the same Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and Messi that have been winning for years.
They have a strong squad, they didn't need many changes. Inter's midfield was/is weak and they have many old players. New signings make a different atmosphere.
Inter made the exact same mistake Milan did.

It's just a matter of opinion, though.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
“I feel betrayed,” blasted Inter President Massimo Moratti. “Rafa Benitez has to show character and win the Club World Cup. No alibis.”
The patron had said he didn’t want any more “embarrassing” evenings in the Champions League, but saw his men thrashed 3-0 by Werder Bremen last night.

“I don’t want to create problems before the Club World Cup and we’ll see what is to be done after that tournament,” a livid Moratti told Sky Sport Italia.

“I had a feeling we’d lose against Werder, but I certainly didn’t expect it to be this bad.

“I feel betrayed, as I always do when we lose a game in such an obvious way. I took it very badly, but I don’t think the players did it on purpose. Perhaps they felt the tension of their next appointment a bit too much.”

Many have suggested Benitez will be sacked if he doesn’t win the Club World Cup in a convincing manner and Moratti’s comments fuelled those rumours.

“There are no alibis for this tournament. It is a trophy we absolutely must win. Benitez has to show character, otherwise he won’t win the Club World Cup. That’s not an ultimatum, I’m just saying it is very important.

“I think the players could do with some psychological support at this moment and Benitez has to find a way to fix this season.”

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
If Guardiola can keep his squad motivated after winning 6 trophies in a year, then why can't Benitez?
Guardiola's biggest asset is the way he motivate his players IMO. Perhaps what Inter actually needed is someone who's great at motivating their players (benitez was never known for that).

They already had a quality team (just like Barca under Rijkaard) but what barca lacked back then is a motivator.

Anyways as long as Inter are screwed up am happy :D

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Too early to answer this question anyway.

Compared to what we saw last season, especially in the 2nd half, there is some improvement. But that only means we're getting back to the level we were on during the Ranieri days. Though I have to admit that I'm somewhat hopeful right now.

As for who has done better, I'd say it's pretty even. We're slightly better in the league, but have crashed out of Europe (in an easy group no less). While Inter comfortably qualified in the CL.

soil

Jun 25, 2010
The whole squad argument is farce , Mourino left porto with a squad that could compete for the next couple seasons, and Ancelotti's and Hiddink's squad was pretty much Mourinho and still is. He left inter with a good system imo. Although age has been a matter

Oh Please, 6 months ago they won three Champions Leauge, scudetto, and coppa, They were a team very hard to beat very strong defense midfield and attack, after 6 months they became very old and can't even run. I don't buy that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)