Benitez vs Del Neri (4 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
it makes watching the league fun I guess. I don't die for these clubs, except juve. I mostly admire these clubs because they have a player I like ALOT on each team
man utd - berbatov
villareal- rossi/nilmar
psg-sakho
bayern - robben
see i don't get this "i support a club because i like a player" argument,i absolutely loved Batistuta,him and Baggio were 2 of the main reasons i got into watching Calcio initially but there is no way in hell i would ever consider wearing their colours,at Juve i have loved players,watched them come and go...there is only one constant and that is the club.

as for Del Neri V Benitez,i am biased in that i never wanted Rafa,he is surly,arrogant,stubborn and he makes very bad choices with players. what you also see now is that he does very little to keep harmony in the squad and this has been his biggest failing,last season Inter were brilliant,not because they had the best players but because they were a unit,a team and they all fought for each other. how Jose managed to massage all those ego's and also foster a spirit of togetherness is nothing short of miraculous.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Well, like it or not, Del Neri was never and will never be as good as Benitez. It's just a wet Juventino dream for anyone who thinks otherwise.

There are many factors involved for this question. Inter is failing for many reasons and it's not only a coach issue. They simply won everything last season with Mourinho and after that they made a huge mistake - they didn't buy anyone for refreshment. It's simply not possible for any team to reach the old glory if they keep the same so-called winning team. Remember what happened to Milan after they won CL. Inter made the same mistake now and if they don't splash a lot of money soon they will struggle for years like Milan did.

Many people hail Del Neri. IMO he's just a mediocre coach who will never do good at a top club and who was only a short-term solution at this Juve. His team level is set to Sampdoria and I don't see him winning anything big, anywhere. We do look good a team sometimes, but far too many times we're clueless and look bound to key players. We look good? Looking at the previous three seasons we didn't make any progress as we're always at this place and with similar number of points.

So bottom line is - Del Neri will never be as good as this 'bad' Benitez.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
that's different. one is a world class player the other is not.

benitez is no longer a world class manager.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
del neri was nothing special before he came here.

but now he is doing well with a half fit squad. to say he will never be better than benitez is rash imo as i'd like to see del neri have the same money as benitez had used in all his years at liverpool

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
stfu you ignorant maggot with your we never hire world class coaches/players.

what was capello then?

what were nedved, buffon, thuram, vieira and baggio?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)