Benitez vs Del Neri (4 Viewers)

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Benitez seems to be a bit of a mercenary these days.

For me is reputation as a world class tactician is shattered and he will have to prove himself all over again.

Hes been living off that win in Istanbul for far too long.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Benitez seems to be a bit of a mercenary these days.

For me is reputation as a world class tactician is shattered and he will have to prove himself all over again.

Hes been living off that win in Istanbul for far too long.

LOL that win......more like that freak 6min of football. Milan were tearing Liverpool apart for fun.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I know but they still won.
And he showed up again in a CL final again with an adjusted average team against the same Milan.
Valencia's success is by no means easy especially against the Galacticos and Barca.

This man had something that he lost in his last years in liverpool. He did not loose his brains, he lost his guts.. his character is broken. He needs time off to regain that again. I dont see him turning around inter's campaign into a winning one. This year's scudetto is gone.

His biggest mistake is that he went from pool to inter without any time off. He should take a couple of years off before returning to football.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
And he showed up again in a CL final again with an adjusted average team against the same Milan.
Valencia's success is by no means easy especially against the Galacticos and Barca.

This man had something that he lost in his last years in liverpool. He did not loose his brains, he lost his guts.. his character is broken. He needs time off to regain that again. I dont see him turning around inter's campaign into a winning one. This year's scudetto is gone.

His biggest mistake is that he went from pool to inter without any time off. He should take a couple of years off before returning to football.
I thought we played a better overall match in 2007. Unfortunately Pippo's butt and Ricky Kaka made the difference.

I'd say he lost his gut his last year at Liverpool.

The year before that we beat Besiktas 8-0, Real Madrid, Chelsea, and United handedly in addition to earning our highest points total as a club.

Liverpool under Rafa is the only English team to win at the Bernebeau and the Nou Camp.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
The real difference is that Gigi realises this is the opportunity of a lifetime for him,he has paid his dues and has finally got the chance he craved.
Rafa on the other hand has the excesses baggage and ego of a man who had success but has forgotten all the hard work that was required to achieve this

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
The real difference is that Gigi realises this is the opportunity of a lifetime for him,he has paid his dues and has finally got the chance he craved.
Rafa on the other hand has the excesses baggage and ego of a man who had success but has forgotten all the hard work that was required to achieve this

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't like the fact we haven't been able to see the full destructive force of Benitez on a team full of egos. It gives him and his advocates an easy route out.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Interesting thing is that Rafa is only 50, so he's got time to fix his issues.
healing a mentally broken spirit is like learning a new language, it's much easier when you're young. don't think he will overcome this. rafa will be forgotten in the future, can't think of any team that would want him, his positive transfer history is limited, his valencia days and the cl final with pool are the highlights of his not so young career. the man has lost it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
healing a mentally broken spirit is like learning a new language, it's much easier when you're young. don't think he will overcome this. rafa will be forgotten in the future, can't think of any team that would want him, his positive transfer history is limited, his valencia days and the cl final with pool are the highlights of his not so young career. the man has lost it.
He could easily get a job at a team high up in Spain, other than Barca and Real, so long as he lowers his wage demands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)