Benitez vs Del Neri (3 Viewers)

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
All sentimental issues aside, do you feel after half a season of Del Neri at Juve and Benitez at Inter that we have the right coach or not?
I know a lot of people wanted Benitez when it was clear Hiddink wasn't joining, I was one of them.
But I have to admit, the way DN handles the team so far this season, the results we are getting and the way Inter is falling since Mou's departure makes me feel we have the good option of the two in our club.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Delneri is part of our whole new setup and I like our setup, we seem a better group and with more cohesion and willingness to work as a team. Delneri seems to be a strong motivator, when you consider his work with Sampdoria and how he handled Cassano and now what he is getting our of characters like Melo then he seems to be far better than Benitez in that department, he is a robot.

To compare them against each other you would say Benitez has the better CV but I don't think Benitez would have been the better coach given the situation we found ourselves in. Look at what has happened to Inter once some injuries came, and the same happened with Liverpool. We made the right choice, if you are asking me now.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
As Man Utd fan I don't see how anyone could even consider Benitez. In his history at Liverpool he spent more then chelsea and and man utd and the players he brought in were largely overrated, except for torres and xabi alonso (who he sold and tried to replace with lucas? lol)
I still would have liked Hiddink, but Del Neri has done an exceptional job and is so fat fitting the bill. He's done everything right so far turning a team that finished seventh into a scudetto contender (although we don't like to admit it). Also if any manager can survive an injury scare then they are worth it. I would like him to stay for a LONG time.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
So far DN seems like doing a great job, but at the end of this season we can really say if he's better or worse. We've got to remember that even with Inter's shit start to the season they've still managed to make it to knock-out stages of the CL while we are already out of Europa league !!

Its waay too early to decide who's better, at the end of the season we can have a clearer Idea.

OP
chester

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
  • Thread Starter #5
    The Europa League part is true, but due to the unavailability of a few key players because they were signed so late (Aquilani, Quag) and the injuries of a few others, you can't say we have had the best team available in the European matches.
    However, of course, as Juve, you should be able to qualify at least second in that group.
    Indeed, strange how it has went in the EL this season, we seemed a different team there compared to in the league.

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    i wanted benitez too from these 2 coaches, but our and their position in serie a, until now makes me think that benitez doens't work too well in italy. DN knows this calcio well enough to get ut at least an ucl position. Inter will get in top 3 too, but not with benitez in milano

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Call me crazy but I almost prefer Del Neri over Hiddink. Hiddink is clearly an amazing manager and has a record far more impressive than Del Neri's, but he was only a temporary solution. The man never stays in one place for a long period of time. While Del Neri on the other hand seems like he has established a good relationship with the team and management building a winning culture at the club again. I can see him being with us for a long time provided he keeps the good work up and with an improved squad I have faith that he can become a title winning manager.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    As Man Utd fan I don't see how anyone could even consider Benitez. In his history at Liverpool he spent more then chelsea and and man utd and the players he brought in were largely overrated, except for torres and xabi alonso (who he sold and tried to replace with lucas? lol)
    I still would have liked Hiddink, but Del Neri has done an exceptional job and is so fat fitting the bill. He's done everything right so far turning a team that finished seventh into a scudetto contender (although we don't like to admit it). Also if any manager can survive an injury scare then they are worth it. I would like him to stay for a LONG time.
    You're a Man Utd fan? :howler:

I understand everyting now.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    - rep

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    The Europa League part is true, but due to the unavailability of a few key players because they were signed so late (Aquilani, Quag) and the injuries of a few others, you can't say we have had the best team available in the European matches.
    The same thing can be said about Benitez's team so far. They've had "many" injuries + some of the team's key players (ex. maicon) are really under-performing so far this season. Plus Benitez wanted to buy certain players in the summer but horse-faced moratti refused and thought they're better off with the current squad.

So I'd be a bit naive to say that Benitez is worst between the two. Even with their bad start like I said earlier they've made it to the 2nd round of the CL and just 4 points away from us in the table (2 straight wins for them and a draw + 1 lose for us and Booom!! they're ahead of us in the Table).

Still IMO delneri did a great job so far building a team rather than the horror show we had last season. But i think its early to judge who's doing better between the two, if we found ourselves ahead of Inter at the end of the season we can then say we've made the right choice hiring DN instead of Rafa.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
    Jun 1, 2010
    Kasaki, which Spanish team do you support?
    Villareal, and to you all I try to watch every league and support one team here is my list for all you curious fellas
    Germany - Bayern *cough* robben
    Italy- :flag1:
    England - Man Utd followed closely by Tottenham
    Spain- Villareal
    French - PSG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)