Batman V Superman and the DC Cinematic Universe (3 Viewers)

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Bro, that was Doomsday, one of the most iconic super villains in the Superman mythos.
Dunno about that. I just found him to be pretty boring. No build-up to the sequences with him and the character has zero personality. It's not that he has to be some wicked villain with an insane personality, but he's basically just a meatball going full retard against everything. The spider from Lord of the Rings, to make an odd comparison, is an example of a beast that has some character traits and unpredictability to it. It would have been much better if they had just removed Doomsday from the film and focused more on the Batman vs Superman part. They could and should have elaborated on the question of whether or not a person with Superman's powers should be allowed to exist. That question had some potential.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Not the biggest fan of super hero movies, but regardless went to see it this evening. 3 hours is long but never noticed it tbh and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very nice.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
David S. Goyer on a possible Batman vs Superman movie in 2005:
In the eyes of many comic book boosters, Warner Bros. made the right decision. " 'Batman Vs. Superman' is where you go when you admit to yourself that you've exhausted all possibilities," says Goyer, who wrote the screenplays for "Blade" and its two sequels. "It's like 'Frankenstein meets Wolfman' or 'Freddy Vs. Jason.' It's somewhat of an admission that this franchise is on its last gasp."
http://articles.latimes.com/2005/may/08/entertainment/ca-batman8/3

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
A lot of the critics who has been laying into the film have raved about his performance. I think people want to dislike Ben Affleck, but most things he has done recently have been pretty good. Gone Girl, Gone Baby Gone, Argo, The Town etc. Personally I'm not a huge fan of Christian's Bale Batman and was more of a Keaton fan myself. Although, I think the Batman from the animated series is pretty fantastic too

As for Ben in this movie he was a great Batman and Bruce Wayne. I thought Bale was a good Bruce Wayne but a shitty Batman. Affleck was dark, brooding, and tormented, but while being charismatic and aloof. He was Batman. Couldn't ask for much more. The movie itself...not so perfect.
Anyone who ever read Batman (especially Frank Miller issues) or seen cartoon knows Ben played the real jaded veteran Batman pretty great. He did not have much to work with and it was messy at times but with what he got pretty much nailed it for sure. He was Bruce Wayne and Batman who kicked ass with supreme brutally. The dark smart gritty 20 plus years version.

I defenitely I'm excited to see him in this role again without Zach Snyder messy directing. Ben himself is superior director so it will be very interesting to follow the Batman solo movie which he is making. Too bad they can't give whole Justice League franchise to him or another better director. Snyder is really only good for visuals and action scenes, which he does great, but it's not enough.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Watched the movie earlier today. Overall I thought the movie was decent. Much better than all of the Marvel crap that has been thrown at us in the recent years (I haven't seen Deadpool yet). The first half was better than the second. As others mentioned, it'd have worked better if it was edited better. Ben Affleck is a really, really solid Batman (except when driving/flying). Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman was so so. Her 'angry action' face is terrible. The character however was pretty well integrated into the story line (Some of her scenes could have been edited out). The CGI was evidently bad in certain scenes. The worst thing about the movie by far was Lex Luthor though. Jesse Eisenberg spend the whole movie being Shah Rukh Khan from the movie Darr.
Ben Affleck needs his own standalone movie. He's earned it. Dare I say he's a better Bruce Wayne than Bale. Also, can't wait for Aquaman :tuttosport:

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
icemaη;5227251 said:
Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman was so so. Her 'angry action' face is terrible. The character however was pretty well integrated into the story line (Some of her scenes could have been edited out).
Her 'angry' face bothered you? How about Superman's? I had the impression that he was struggling to unload a particularly heavy dinner...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The pacing was completely off, writing and editing felt like someone did it as a dare, no fvcks given. Needed bit more polishing before it was released, the fact it wasn't done is testament yo Snyders overall competence as director.

Apr 15, 2006
Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice Easter Eggs and DC Comics References Listed

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/27/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-easter-eggs-and-dc-comics-refe/

When I mean taking liberties I mean changing things slightly.

Doomsday was created a million years before Krypton was a habitual planet and was made the ultimate evolutionary killing machine.
One thing I realized when watching this again was they actually made the distinction that this Doomsday is different from the Doomsday that was created on Krypton. The ship AI clearly mentions that its forbidden to create this abomination AGAIN. BOOM!

The pacing was completely off, writing and editing felt like someone did it as a dare, no fvcks given. Needed bit more polishing before it was released, the fact it wasn't done is testament yo Snyders overall competence as director.
This is one of the reasons why I still have hope for the Ultimate edition, which has 30 mins of additional footage. It's possible that a lot of the issues with the plot will be fixed in that.

OP
BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #216
    Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice Easter Eggs and DC Comics References Listed

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/27/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-easter-eggs-and-dc-comics-refe/

One thing I realized when watching this again was they actually made the distinction that this Doomsday is different from the Doomsday that was created on Krypton. The ship AI clearly mentions that its forbidden to create this abomination AGAIN. BOOM!
    As I said I've only seen it the once and it was a midnight viewing straight after I had sat for 2 and a half hours watching MOS.

I'll watch it again on Thursday and try to leave all those negative points I mentioned at the door and will try to enjoy in from a fresher perspective.

Though I think the way Lex gained access to the ship and created Doomsday was very poorly done regardless.

Apr 15, 2006
    As I said I've only seen it the once and it was a midnight viewing straight after I had say for 2 and a half hours watching MOS.

I'll watch it again on Thursday and try to leave all those negative points I mentioned at the door and will try to enjoy in from a fresher perspective.

Though I think the way Lex gained access to the ship and created Doomsday was very poorly done regardless.
    I partly agree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)