Batman V Superman and the DC Cinematic Universe (6 Viewers)

OP
BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #224
    Just got out of the cinema and all I can say is '$#@! the critics' seriously.
    Looking forward to your review :)

- - - Updated - - -

Warner Bros just posted this deleted scene from BvS on their YouTube channel. OH. MY. GOD!!!

SPOILER ALERT!!! Watch this ONLY if you've seen the movie already!

That actually should of been left in :tup:

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    Looking forward to your review :)
    I cba to write a review. I liked that movie, I believe comic book movies should be exactly like that. I didn't find anything 'omgthat'ssobad' worthy while watching it. I can't understand how movies like Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3, Ant-Man can be rated so much higher than this. I don't really care, I hope this DCCU will continue just as it is. That's all.

Apr 15, 2006
    in yo face!

i watched it anyway. don't get it
    That's ok. Only hardcore fans would.

That actually should of been left in :tup:
    I agree. It would've confused regular movie-goers even more. But as a fan, it's great to see that and know how Lex knows what he knows.

I cba to write a review. I liked that movie, I believe comic book movies should be exactly like that. I didn't find anything 'omgthat'ssobad' worthy while watching it. I can't understand how movies like Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3, Ant-Man can be rated so much higher than this. I don't really care, I hope this DCCU will continue just as it is. That's all.
    :tup:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    I liked Ant-Man and Guardians, but none of them were as good as both the Superman movies, even with their shoddy editing. I just checked and Iron Man 3 has a 79% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. That movie was the definition of clusterfuck.
    I hope they try to make Civil War at least a bit dark. The material is there. Marvel knows how to do it, their TV shows are proof. But I guess for making billions, they have to cater to the cringe worthy humor loving masses.
    What did you make of Lex?

- - - Updated - - -

Warner Bros just posted this deleted scene from BvS on their YouTube channel. OH. MY. GOD!!!

I have never watched longer cuts of movies after watching a theatrical version. I guess I'll have to make an exception this time around.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    icemaη;5227614 said:
    I liked Ant-Man and Guardians, but none of them were as good as both the Superman movies, even with their shoddy editing. I just checked and Iron Man 3 has a 79% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. That movie was the definition of clusterfuck.
    I hope they try to make Civil War at least a bit dark. The material is there. Marvel knows how to do it, their TV shows are proof. But I guess for making billions, they have to cater to the cringe worthy humor loving masses.
    What did you make of Lex?
    I think this was the best Lex Luthor of all the 3 Luthors we've seen so far but still it hasn't been THE LUTHOR I want to see. The comic books Luthor who's a cold-blooded manipulative villain. I dont know why won't they try making him like that but maybe they will sell it as Darkseid influencing his mind for years.

I would like to see the Luthor from DC Animated Universe generally speaking.

As for that deleted scene and Darkseid in general

Too bad random moviegoers will now think that DC ripped Thanos from Marvel :sergio:.

OP
    BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #229
    Yeah AOA, And Iron Man 3 are poor and Ant Man is what it is I suppose.

I enjoyed BVS but didn't love it due to it having so many plotholes but its a pretty good movie.

Not the greatest comic book ever or 9.5 out of 10 like I have been reading from some fans but its its still pretty good.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002

As expected, defenitely Akropolis and Darkseid related, as was all the visions Batman had. This deleted scenes explains a little why Lex was doom and gloom and predicting who is coming in last scene behind bars. Justice League will be epic as fuck due to this. Nothing compares to an invasion of Darkseid and his hoarde, nothing. Will make the invasion in Avengers movies seem like child play.

Apr 15, 2006
    Yeah AOA, And Iron Man 3 are poor and Ant Man is what it is I suppose.

I enjoyed BVS but didn't love it due to it having so many plotholes but its a pretty good movie.

Not the greatest comic book ever or 9.5 out of 10 like I have been reading from some fans but its its still pretty good.
    Ant-Man was good, and definitely better than AoU and IM 3 IMO.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    As expected, defenitely Akropolis and Darkseid related, as was all the visions Batman had. This deleted scenes explains a little why Lex was doom and gloom and predicting who is coming in last scene behind bars. Justice League will be epic as fuck due to this. Nothing compares to an invasion of Darkseid and his hoarde, nothing. Will make the invasion in Avengers movies seem like child play.
    Especially since we've seen Darkseid's Parademons in the vision Batman had.

Oh and btw, that Future Flash moment was fucking awesome :tuttosport:.

The only thing I think this movie was missing is any mention of Green Lantern Corps.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the Injustice vibe in that vision :boss:.

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
    60% drop off at the US Box Office from Friday to Sunday and it's underperforming in China. Very worrisome as this movie needs to make 900m for WB to break even on it.

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
    Nah, the production budget was 250m, and about 150 on marketing. The studio receives roughly 50% of the box office, so it needs to make 800-900 to break even. It probably needs to make upwards of 1.2b for it be a success for WB

Apr 15, 2006
    Especially since we've seen Darkseid's Parademons in the vision Batman had.

Oh and btw, that Future Flash moment was fucking awesome :tuttosport:.

The only thing I think this movie was missing is any mention of Green Lantern Corps.

Oh and the Injustice vibe in that vision :boss:.
    Yea, I dunno why WB is silent on Green Lantern. Very fishy.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    No Green Lantern for next movie or Martian Manhunter so far. Which is retarded. Manhunter is kind of an outsider so can be inserted later but he is pretty much one of their leaders. And Green Lantern one the most popular characters in the team, bromance with Flash that adds comedy and heart to a usually overly serious group. Much more iconic then Aquaman and Cyborg.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    No Green Lantern for next movie or Martian Manhunter so far. Which is retarded. Manhunter is kind of an outsider so can be inserted later but he is pretty much one of their leaders. And Green Lantern one the most popular characters in the team, bromance with Flash that adds comedy and heart to a usually overly serious group. Much more iconic then Aquaman and Cyborg.
    Mostly I wonder how will they explain GLC not interfering when Darkseid attacks. I mean situations like this are why they exist.

Though I think one or more Green Lanterns (Hal Jordan and maybe John Stewart) will debut in JL part 1 or 2 precisely to stop Darkseid and explaining why they didn't show up earlier (they only interfere when the threat is on planetary level).

Apr 15, 2006
    I read that MM was part of the pre-Flashpoint JL whereas he was replaced by Cyborg post-Flashpoint. This is why he was left out and Cyborg was included. I still feel they'll introduce GL in JL1 just like they introduced Wonder Woman in BvS.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    So I saw this interview on the Graham Norton Show on Batman v Superman and I guess I just have to ask: how on Earth would Batman be able to keep up in a fight with Superman? The whole point of Superman is that has supernatural abilities. Batman does not. Now I like Batman far better than Superman (whose only redeeming quality is that he is the original superhero), but wouldn't he like die?

- - - Updated - - -

This and the fact that you're black makes me think of you as Samuel L. Jackson in Unbreakable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)