Batman V Superman and the DC Cinematic Universe (3 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I wish I had the collection he has in that movie, or the brains lol.

Superman vs Batman fights have allways been silly (been like 6 of em) , even if Batman is smart and uses kryptonite. It's just not realistic fight, Superman doesn't want to end truly, so it's not a real fight at all. If Superman went injustice mode on him (evil version) then it would end very quickly.

Actually foresee Superman coming back to life next film in way of Darkseid, being mind controlled like he seemed to be in Batman's vision.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I wish I had the collection he has in that movie, or the brains lol.

Superman vs Batman fights have allways been silly (been like 6 of em) , even if Batman is smart and uses kryptonite. It's just not realistic fight, Superman doesn't want to end truly, so it's not a real fight at all. If Superman went injustice mode on him (evil version) then it would end very quickly.

Actually foresee Superman coming back to life next film in way of Darkseid, being mind controlled like he seemed to be in Batman's vision.

Exactly. Obviously comic books have their limitations. You have a superhero and a villain. Usually they both have all sorts of unlikely talents and qualities. And the superhero will almost always win. This is the sort of reality you accept. But within that reality all actors must play their part to the fullest. If Superman faces Batman, he would crush him. The fact that he does not suggests he's holding back. And that's just stupid. That's not how this game is played.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
In the movie they did it well because Superman was forced to fight him (ordered to kill him) to save his mother in set time line. He doesn't want to, and in fact rather wants to talk down the jaded Batman after exchanges blows.

But if it was a real fight it would end quickly indeed. It's the case with neverending fights with villains too. It's not just being good guys aren't supposed to kill (which is bit too dark for Batman this time, he isn't supposed to kill criminals but he does).

The regular release comic medium simply can't kill off its prized characters, it's weekly or monthly issue, if you do who's supposed to fight the hero/villain in next issue? Takes effort and time to come up with these characters. That's why it's lame whenever they go with a story line of they are dead now. You know they allways come back (unless they are relatives /civilians, they stay dead).

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
So I saw this interview on the Graham Norton Show on Batman v Superman and I guess I just have to ask: how on Earth would Batman be able to keep up in a fight with Superman? The whole point of Superman is that has supernatural abilities. Batman does not. Now I like Batman far better than Superman (whose only redeeming quality is that he is the original superhero), but wouldn't he like die?
Pretty much this:

OP
BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #250
    You should as its one of the best comics I have ever read.

After the death of Lois Superman becomes like a dictator type character. He has his own army just like the Knighmare sequence in BVS.

He tells Batman that she was his world and The Flash seems to hint that this may happen when he tells Batman that he was right about him and that Lois is the key

radekas beat me to it :tup:

The video game for PS4 is pretty good too.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    That's the worrying thing in my case. I actually rate that movie as pure shit. I can't even stand it.

I have no clue how that guy became a director.
    :agree:

Hasn't made a single half-decent film. He's a complete hack. It's like a comic book fanboy deciding one day that he should make movies out of his favourite comic books with absolutely no idea how to make a movie. The end-product, shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)