Ballon d'Or 2010 (5 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Messi choked at the World Cup and Barca didn't win the CL - he shouldn't win.

If we are giving it on ability then Messi and Ronaldo are top two every year, which is what the FIFA fanboy award will probably decend to.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010

If we are giving it on ability then Messi and Ronaldo are top two every year, which is what the FIFA fanboy award will probably decend to.

Easy now, Osman will probably come and flame you.

It is after all his beloved Lionel.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Not ability alone, if Messi didnt perform individually well for that whole calendar year (or is out injured in his case being the reason mainly), then he shouldnt get it. But he did, didnt he? Like when Ronaldo (real one) won back in 97? He didnt win CL or much back then did he? But he outperformed the competition individually.

WC winners and CL winners are won as a team, this award for individuals, how hard is it to get? Are you saying that just because you happen to be on a winning team you should win an individual award? Shouldnt mainly scrutinize individual performance for individual award? Yes if you perform real well and win titles, its a bonus, but doesnt make you better then someone who played better all year long.

Thats why I find Owen to been the only Golden ball winner I truly disagreed with fully (not there been others I havent found questionable), he won because he had the biggiest trophy count for the season (even if it wasnt the big titles), not because he was the best player when watched that whole 2001 year (Raul was obviously superior player and basically allways been).

Btw, it may be a boring and predictable hierarchy, but the reason Messi and Ronaldo are top 2 choices for most years is because they are the two best players in the world who perform the best consistently. Or do you disagree?

FIFA awards where BS because they gave awards based on PR and reputation alone after a while, not because they were the best players for the year (Beckham being top, washed up Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and so on and on, top players could be injured all year and they would still be top 10 etc).

I fail to see how this is the case for Messi or Ronaldo? (undeserved Fifa hype was) Messi last 79 games, 75 goals. Ronaldo last 62 games 63 goals. Can it get any clearer? (individually, not interested in team title count).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Easy now, Osman will probably come and flame you.

It is after all his beloved Lionel.
Do you have ANYTHING to say to anything I said, actually I mean...you know...discuss in a topic of discussion? Otherwise, just shut it. You can be the try hard boring court jester elsewhere.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
How hard is it to get that for a player to be considered great they do it in the biggest matches?

The previous year - Messi was spot on, personal achievement, team achievement, ability. Deserved winner.

This year Messi can only say his ability is the same level, he achieved less and performed worse, and all in a WORLD CUP YEAR. Scoring a zillion goals in the league or CL group stages (a terrible Arsenal defence too) is great but when you can't decide key matches then you don't deserve to be called the best.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Not ability alone, if Messi didnt perform individually well for that whole calendar year (or is out injured in his case being the reason mainly), then he shouldnt get it. But he did, didnt he? Like when Ronaldo (real one) won back in 97? He didnt win CL or much back then did he? But he outperformed the competition individually.

WC winners and CL winners are won as a team, this award for individuals, how hard is it to get? Are you saying that just because you happen to be on a winning team you should win an individual award? Shouldnt mainly scrutinize individual performance for individual award? Yes if you perform real well and win titles, its a bonus, but doesnt make you better then someone who played better all year long.

Thats why I find Owen to been the only Golden ball winner I truly disagreed with fully (not there been others I havent found questionable), he won because he had the biggiest trophy count for the season (even if it wasnt the big titles), not because he was the best player when watched that whole 2001 year (Raul was obviously superior player and basically allways been).

Btw, it may be a boring and predictable hierarchy, but the reason Messi and Ronaldo are top 2 choices for most years is because they are the two best players in the world who perform the best consistently. Or do you disagree? Hehe.

Here... Enjoy and take your time.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thats exactly what I mean. You now made 4 posts addressing me in a mocking way ( what a simpleton way btw) and not addressing the topic in ANY way whatsoever, when I'm argumenting as normally in a football discussion, and you wonder why I find you a retarded clown?

Mods, can you simply delete this clowns post? I normally dont ask for intervention, but he adding zip to whats being said at all.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
How hard is it to get that for a player to be considered great they do it in the biggest matches?

The previous year - Messi was spot on, personal achievement, team achievement, ability. Deserved winner.

This year Messi can only say his ability is the same level, he achieved less and performed worse, and all in a WORLD CUP YEAR. Scoring a zillion goals in the league or CL group stages (a terrible Arsenal defence too) is great but when you can't decide key matches then you don't deserve to be called the best.
So ok, are you saying ONLY big games matter, isntead of just being one factor of several? And such factors like better team are simply to be ignored? A player should win solely on his own? Because for example Milito DECIDED title for Inter, but they won because they were the best team, not because they had the best individual player. It does not make him a better player then Messi, even if I think he should be 10 easily for last season (OVER Sneijder, because I dont only care about WC).

Btw, you notice Messi's competition is 2 other Barca players? Won who I think is amazing, but has had an injury filled year, and is the perfect example of what I think can be wrong with these awards, Iniesta is solely top 3 (I wouldnt even have him on top 10) because he scored the goal in the biggiest match there is. He was non factor almost completely rest of the year. And Xavi is great, but does the part of being decisive in big games only count for Messi? (yes btw, because he has done so much there are higher standard and expectation for him, understandable). Because Xavi lost CL together with Messi, and failed to show up.

Btw, last season was Messi's best yet individually, he made looked like his usual self, but he was more consistent and dominating (and that doesnt change because they faced a superior tactical organised team in Inter).

And I only see you take about Messi, but who do you think should have won that did what Messi didnt? Because defenitely taken account to all the major players when thinking he deserves it most (Milito for example, as I said decided CL final, Iniesta too in biggiest match, but already stated how that doesnt mean much).

It was a world cup year but NO ONE STOOD OUT in the actual WC, I mean in a big way as usual. In fact I really only find that Forlan truly did. Spain was unspiring team effort most of the team, with some of their players like Xavi performing like their usual excellent selves etc. But not in a dominating way that the part alone is such a big factor. Do you disagree?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
:andyandbarcelona:

You registered in 2002, and somehow you still don't know that 90% of this forum is off-topic :lol:
I perfectly know that you clown. What I'm pointing out is there is a difference between tit for tat banter, and a simpleton who is trying too hard to fit in, and is trying to BS or troll an actual football discussion with nonsense. Only thing its doing is enforcing what a boring clown you are.

FYI, you are not funny, and when you try to be funny, know the timing and place to be so, yes even in this offtopic filled forums.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
I perfectly know that you clown. What I'm pointing out is there is a difference between tit for tat banter, and a simpleton who is trying too hard to fit in, and is trying to BS or troll an actual football discussion with nonsense. Only thing its doing is enforcing what a boring clown you are.

FYI, you are not funny, and when you try to be funny, know the timing and place to be so, yes even in this offtopic filled forums.

Wow, hey Maher. So pissed off because I make fun of Barca and Messi? :lol:
Poor guy.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Going around in circles, you basically keep saying that Messi is the best player so he should always win.

No I did not.

I asked you specific questions of who you think should and why even in the last post, and I made several arguments for why I think he should win, and brought up other candidates, which you havent addressed (the other candidates or Messi himself). Quote me on where i said that alone (allways? That simply childish). If you dont want to argue it, say so. But its simply rude to put words into my mouth.

You can avoid Messi entirely (even if you can address the pro's for case I brought up) and say why you think someone else is a better candidate. Its more fruitful then to childishly say I allways think Messi should win? Why do you think he won the award? Many voted for hm? Simply because of sheer biasm?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Wow, hey Maher. So pissed off because I make fun of Barca and Messi? :lol:
Poor guy.
This is truly sad, this post couldnt be more of a try hard clown thats trying to fit in, by picking up on/referencing the popular trolling of Mahers idiocy (V should sue you for wrongful referencing of the goldmine that is Maher-ring). Quick someone pat him on the back or acknowledge him with a lol smiley

Lol you frigging retard, I read most of that shit enough times throughout the years. Old boring news. Anything else you wanna come with?

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
This is truly sad, this post couldnt be more of a try hard clown thats trying to fit in, by picking up on/referencing the popular trolling of Mahers idiocy (V should sue you for wrongful referencing of the goldmine that is Maher-ring). Quick someone pat him on the back or acknowledge him with a lol smiley

Lol you frigging retard, I read most of that shit enough times throughout the years. Old boring news. Anything else you wanna come with?

Why would I need to fit in? Is this a school where I am attending in my next 10 years?

I couldn't give more shit!

FFS you are full of BS.
Go flame somone in Barca-forums, Barca-lover.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
No I did not.

I asked you specific questions of who you think should and why even in the last post, and I made several arguments for why I think he should win, and brought up other candidates, which you havent addressed
I think Xavi clearly deserves to win, he is the singularly most important player at Barcelona and Spain, he carries Iniesta for both and also creates a large amount for Messi to revel in the limelight. He also had a great season and unlike Messi, had a very good World Cup not to mention winning it. I also don't like him as a person (as he appears in the football world), think he is a bit of a prick, so factor that into the argument.
(the other candidates or Messi himself). Quote me on where i said that alone (allways? That simply childish). If you dont want to argue it, say so. But its simply rude to put words into my mouth.
It does not make him a better player then Messi, even if I think he should be 10 easily for last season (OVER Sneijder, because I dont only care about WC).
You said that Messi should win because he is a better player. So even though for example Sneijder had a 10/10 season, and he is a very high level of player he can't possibly win the award because Messi is better. That's what you are saying isn't it? So does that apply for every top player who has a 10/10 season or just a select few players you choose?

Why do you think he won the award? Many voted for hm? Simply because of sheer biasm?
Because he is the best player in the world, and the coach and captain of Comoros, Anguilla and Chad know no better. But he didn't have the best season from the top players in the world, so he doesn't deserve to win. Not going around in circles at all...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)