Ballon d'Or 2010 (3 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Players I used: Neill, Vermaelen, Petrov, Robinho, Eto'o, Srna, Rosicky, Ferdinand, Diarra, Lahm, Buffon, Torrado, Yobo, Ronaldo, Chivu, Arshavin, Fletcher, Stankovic, Hamsik, Casillas, Ibrahimovic, Emre, Shevchenko, Bocanegra. Didn't bother with the moron Van Bommel.

(Firsts / Seconds / Thirds)

1) Sneijder - 6 / 5 / 5 - 38 points
2) Xavi - 4 / 7 / 3 - 29 points
3) Messi - 6 / 3 / 3 - 27 points
4) Iniesta - 5 / 2 / 2 - 21 points

After that there are many players with 5-1 points but no more (Drogba, Forlan, Ozil, Casillas, Alonso, Maicon, Robben, Ronaldo, Eto'o, Puyol, Fabregas).
You could have added Pandev and few others but I don't think much would have changed and Sneijder was still gonna win it, with even bigger difference probably.

Thanks! Great job :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You could have added Pandev and few others but I don't think much would have changed and Sneijder was still gonna win it, with even bigger difference probably.

Thanks! Great job :tup:
Pandev voted for Sneijder first as well, maybe unsurprisingly, Benayoun gave Messi third and strange 1-2, probably about it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Players I used: Neill, Vermaelen, Petrov, Robinho, Eto'o, Srna, Rosicky, Ferdinand, Diarra, Lahm, Buffon, Torrado, Yobo, Ronaldo, Chivu, Arshavin, Fletcher, Stankovic, Hamsik, Casillas, Ibrahimovic, Emre, Shevchenko, Bocanegra. Didn't bother with the moron Van Bommel.

(Firsts / Seconds / Thirds)

1) Sneijder - 6 / 5 / 5 - 38 points
2) Xavi - 4 / 7 / 3 - 29 points
3) Messi - 6 / 3 / 3 - 27 points
4) Iniesta - 5 / 2 / 2 - 21 points

After that there are many players with 5-1 points but no more (Drogba, Forlan, Ozil, Casillas, Alonso, Maicon, Robben, Ronaldo, Eto'o, Puyol, Fabregas).
Interesting sample, how many voted btw?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
ßöмßäяðîëя;2841029 said:
Being called "clown" is not an insult, "Your mother is a goat fucker and she shits in the bed each night because her asshole is really wide from being butt raped."

That is an insult.
what if those were true, still considered an insult?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Messi's first places: Albania, Bahamas, Belarus, Bermuda, Brazil, Cape Verde Islands, Chinese Taipei, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Gabon, Georgia, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Iran, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Liberia, Liechtenstain, Luxembourg, Moldova, Mongolia, Montserrat, Namibia, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Poland, Russia, San Marino, Senegal, Slovakia, Suriname, Swaziland, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela.

For crying out loud :sergio:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I dont get it. Are they wrong simply becuase they are smaller/non western european countries?
They didn't get to play against the players they vote for, unlike the famous players who play these guys week after week domestically or in CL.
I mean, Zambia's captain thinks that Xabi Alonso is the player of the year.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They didn't get to play against the players they vote for, unlike the famous players who play these guys week after week domestically or in CL.
I mean, Zambia's captain thinks that Xabi Alonso is the player of the year.
I get the descepancy of some funny votes like Xabi Alonso as you said (or Gyan :D). But he just listed alot of the worlds countries and made it sound like they are unanimously laughable for which countries (footie wise) they are and voting for Messi?

And why this does it matter if they dont play in top footie? (I find some of the choices of these top captain players utterly laughable, and they play with/against eachother alot)They have tvs like us, and see Messi play week in and week out.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I get the descepancy of some funny votes like Xabi Alonso as you said. But he just listed alot of the worlds countries and made it sound like they are unanimously laughable for which countries (footie wise) they are and voting for Messi?

And why this does it matter if they dont play in top footie? (I find some of the choices of these top captain players utterly laughable, and they play with/against eachother alot)They have tvs like us, and see Messi play week in and week out.
Yes, but I wonder how often do the captains from east Asian countries wake up in the middle of the night to watch Messi play or how early do the captains of those Caribbean or Oceanian small islands do the same. From my experience with professional footballers, they watch much less football than normal football fans do.

However, even if every vote is the same, it's still strange that the top players think that Sneijder was the best in 2010 and due to the votes of the less famous players the Dutch didn't even make the top 3.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Are we assuming their viewing habits? Weird. The whole world watches football, even if its totally inconvenient hours and to lesser frequency, we shouldnt assume they cant judge because they live in different time zones

In fact this would been possibly more true if they only voted for someone who stood out in WC or CL alone (as typically Fifa votes tend to be), as they big games people generally watch, but they didnt, because there are better candidates at that then Messi.

And frankly, these mainly European top players are quite laughable with some of their votes. And just because they are top players who play in top footie, doesnt mean they are the right ones for voting for Sneijder as best player, bit elitist to think so.

He barely had a much of a league season of any worth but excelled in CL without being the best player (one of 5 players who were key, best one being Milito who wasnt even nominated), thats pretty much it. IMO the Sneijder sympathies are for because he turned around his career, its more of a suprise/standout for him to have the season he did. I would pretty much think thats a rather decisive factor in general opinion of Sneijder. But it doesnt make him the best player.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Like i said before, talking about the value or credibility of this award is pointless, even though i agree with FIFA's choice, i agree even more with Jay and the rest, that the award is a joke, it doesn't really mean anything, it never has.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its a Fifa only award? Isnt it both of them? (both journalists/experts and captains/coaches voting?) And its seperate from past Fifa only awards, since its a joint Balon D'Or award.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
It is, i've never valued either award to be honest. If its about understanding the game and following football, some people here are as qualified if not more than most of the voters on there imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)