Ballon d'Or 2010 (2 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Well, technically Messi is the best player every year so no surprise there.

Imo, it should've been between Xavi, Sneijder, and Robben but I can't bitch about Messi getting it, it's not his fault Argentina sucks balls tactically.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Robben and Milito both played for 6 months then disappeared, Ronaldo is a better candidate than both of them. IMO on current ability and current form, there is no way you can take Ronaldo and Messi out of the top 3, you'd simply be lying to yourself, the pair are in a league of their own imo.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Well, technically Messi is the best player every year so no surprise there.

Imo, it should've been between Xavi, Sneijder, and Robben but I can't bitch about Messi getting it, it's not his fault Argentina sucks balls tactically.
So you're saying that Maradona is out for coach of the year?

Robben and Milito both played for 6 months then disappeared, Ronaldo is a better candidate than both of them. IMO on current ability and current form, there is no way you can take Ronaldo and Messi out of the top 3, you'd simply be lying to yourself, the pair are in a league of their own imo.
Is this award just about ability? Or is it in any way linked to achievement?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Messi is definitely above everyone else. Ronaldo's great, but other than scoring a lot of goals in the Spanish league, he didn't do much. The fact that he's always on form is incredibly impressive, but other players outshone him by a considerable margin last year.

Putting Ronaldo in the top 3 would be like giving Vick MVP, to put it in other terms.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
So you're saying that Maradona is out for coach of the year?

Is this award just about ability? Or is it in any way linked to achievement?

Achievement is more of a team thing. How much did the player contribute and how well he performed throughout the season(calender year more like in this case) is important as well. Milito did very well in both the league and the CL, but after May he disappeared, the same can be said of Robben. Then you have a player like Ronaldo who was amazing for Real, but because his team last season was poor, he didn't have any "achievements", say what you want to say about the treble Milito won with Inter, Ronaldo still had the much better year individually, and thats what matters in these kind of awards. I'm giving an award to Ronaldo, Messi or Milito, not to Inter, Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Messi is definitely above everyone else. Ronaldo's great, but other than scoring a lot of goals in the Spanish league, he didn't do much. The fact that he's always on form is incredibly impressive, but other players outshone him by a considerable margin last year.

Putting Ronaldo in the top 3 would be like giving Vick MVP, to put it in other terms.

Scoring a lot of goals? Understatement of the year?

The guy is a goal machine, and week in week out he puts in some amazing performances for Real, the guy is unplayable, and if we were to follow him and Milito, week by week, and compare them, you'd find that they really aren't comparable, some of the things Ronaldo does every week are incredible. I don't think Milito deserves to be there more than Ronaldo at all. Just have a look at the number of goals both players have scored, and if you want to tell me that the Liga defenses are laughable, then fuck the Liga, have a look at their records in the CL. The fact that his team last season, choked it out against Lyon is hardly his fault.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Scoring a lot of goals? Understatement of the year?

The guy is a goal machine, and week in week out he puts in some amazing performances for Real, the guy is unplayable, and if we were to follow him and Milito, week by week, and compare them, you'd find that they really aren't comparable, some of the things Ronaldo does every week are incredible. I don't think Milito deserves to be there more than Ronaldo at all. Just have a look at the number of goals both players have scored, and if you want to tell me that the Liga defenses are laughable, then fuck the Liga, have a look at their records in the CL. The fact that his team last season, choked it out against Lyon is hardly his fault.
Neither do I.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Achievement is more of a team thing. How much did the player contribute and how well he performed throughout the season(calender year more like in this case) is important as well. Milito did very well in both the league and the CL, but after May he disappeared, the same can be said of Robben. Then you have a player like Ronaldo who was amazing for Real, but because his team last season was poor, he didn't have any "achievements", say what you want to say about the treble Milito won with Inter, Ronaldo still had the much better year individually, and thats what matters in these kind of awards. I'm giving an award to Ronaldo, Messi or Milito, not to Inter, Barcelona or Real Madrid.
But Buffon got goalie of the year awards in 2006 when he disappeared in Serie B after the World Cup.

And again, as I said before on this topic: no major tournament victory gets decided between July and December.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)